Dragon Age 2

Gorth

He's too quiet. He needs to speak up more so MCA and FU don't get all the credit. I wouldn't be surprised if people think JE is an Obsidian 'founder' even thoguh he's not.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He's too quiet. He needs to speak up more so MCA and FU don't get all the credit. I wouldn't be surprised if people think JE is an Obsidian 'founder' even thoguh he's not.

He was in a lot of PR stuff for Alpha Protocol actually. Also, he's the one who was accused of running that project in the ground with unrealistic demands by an alleged former member of the Obsidian team.

Besides, it's not like we hear much more from Chris Jones and Darren Monahan.

"Well, as long as we are doing this, I'll toss in a Few Obs. games too, since they helped with some of the original Bio games as BI, and I see them as a continuation of such..."

OBS had nothing to do with original BIO games. They didn't even exist. And, BIS was just the publisher as part of Interplay. And, the number of current Obsidianites who used to be BISers whoi actually helped with the games probably numbers less than 5, and that's being generous. Stop trying to give them more credit they deserve. Publisher does not equal developer. They did a good making multiple copies of BG series, MDK2, and SS and shipping them to stores. L0L

"I don't understand why anyone could put DA2 on their top 10s."

Because, thankfully, not every one is Gorgon and theyn don't think like Gorgon and aren't silly like Gorgon.

You're a very angry person aren't you?

Bio and BIS as well as Obs have had a very close relationship in the past, which is why Obs got both KoToR 2 and NWN 2 in all likihood. It's interesting how you like to downplay BIS and Bio's relationship during the BG days.

However, you being so angry does explain a lot about your taste in games. I might love DA2 as well if I was so angry about stuff all day, it's easier just to repeat areas constantly that I already know when blinded by rage, less thought to go into exploration.

:lol:

calm down...part of that was a joke Vol.

It was a list of favorites...and their order. And yes, DA2 was at the bottom, hey...at least it wasn't off the list like the Sonic game!

"Bio and BIS as well as Obs have had a very close relationship in the past, which is why Obs got both KoToR 2 and NWN 2 in all likihood. It's interesting how you like to downplay BIS and Bio's relationship during the BG days."

BIo and FU do. Obther Obsioainites not so much outside of possibly Tayllor. BIS was the ublisher as part of Interplay. Read your BG series manual. The number of Obsidianites that play a major role - let alone any role - on the BG series is extremely small. And, JE and MCA had absolutely nothing to do with it so stop trying to give Obsidian credit for it. And, BIS gets credit that all publuishers get - for publishing it.

Also, it should be noted that BIS and BIo were 'so close' that BIo sued Interplay to break the relationship when Interplay/BIS got butthurt that BIO was taking 'too long' with NWN. LMAO

Again, FU gets credit and maybe Taylor does too if we knew what he helped out on outside of regular publisher stuff. Fu is kewl because it was his suggestion to turn Bg into a D&D game. Other BISers get crap credit 'cause they did nothing worth mentioning.

I'm a very angry person - hence why I like the Fos so much. R00fles!

OBs got NWN2 and KOTOR2 because of FU's relationship with the docs. That's it that's all. JE doesn't even like BIo let alone worked on any of their games. LMAO

Also, it should be noted that BIS and BIo were 'so close' that BIo sued Interplay to break the relationship when Interplay/BIS got butthurt that BIO was taking 'too long' with NWN. LMAO

The fallout was (among other things) about missing royalty payment from Interplay to Bioware. Interplays cashflow was hurting (nope, no new news there) and Neverwinter Nights was turning into a nightmare of a money pit. Bioware needed a new cash cow to finish NWN.

Again, FU gets credit and maybe Taylor does too if we knew what he helped out on outside of regular publisher stuff. Fu is kewl because it was his suggestion to turn Bg into a D&D game. Other BISers get crap credit 'cause they did nothing worth mentioning.

Moby Games

Besides encouraging the change into D&D game instead of another RTS game, the contributions seems to be QA, Promotional material, much of the audio related stuff (sound direction, voice record/acting, music, effects etc.), various producers and an unspecified special thanks to 3 people (Chris Parked included)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Let me make this clear:

I'm not saying that anyone from Interplay or Black Isle ever worked on a Bioware title (though they might have). I'm saying that Obsidian was founded by former Black Isle and Interplay developers and owners. Some of them might even have come Troika Games.

Feargus Urquhart is the boss of Obsidian as he was the boss of Black Isle/Interplay.

As for the lawsuit, I don't care who sued whom. However, a contract had been signed by both BIS and BIO stating what needed to be done in what matter to what time. And when BIO did take too long, BIS sued. Also, as Gorth said BIS failed to produce royalty payments to Bioware. [i'm not sure if this was because of Herve Caen's involvement or not].

I'm sure the only ones that got rich here were - the lawyers.

I'm not claiming either that Obsidian are somehow responsible for Bioware's (past) succes; I'm just pointing out that BIS did help Ray and Greg (the doctors) to get started in the industry...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

"Besides encouraging the change into D&D game instead of another RTS game, the contributions seems to be QA, Promotional material, much of the audio related stuff (sound direction, voice record/acting, music, effects etc.), various producers and an unspecified special thanks to 3 people (Chris Parked included)"

So... basically what I've been saying all along.. and, basically, exactly what all publishers do.. right? Thank you for agreeing with me.

"Feargus Urquhart is the boss of Obsidian as he was the boss of Black Isle/Interplay."

He was the boss at BIS which was Interplay's RPG division.

"As for the lawsuit, I don't care who sued whom. However, a contract had been signed by both BIS and BIO stating what needed to be done in what matter to what time. And when BIO did take too long, BIS sued. Also, as Gorth said BIS failed to produce royalty payments to Bioware. [i'm not sure if this was because of Herve Caen's involvement or not]."

For starters, BIS couldn't sue anyone since theyw ere just a division of Interplay. And, it was BIO who sued Interplay after Interplay cried about stuff andn tried to steal money. BIO's case was obviously strong that Interplay gave up rights to a multi million selling franchise like NWN and all they got out if it prettyy much was the sue of an outdated engine to use on a too late sequel IWD2 that was rushed out the door which didn't exactly do as well as it could have.

"I'm sure the only ones that got rich here were - the lawyers."

I dunno. The docs seem to have gotten pretty rich. Interplay/BIS not so much hence the whole implosion by that company.m Seems, they were the losing side. R00fles!

"I'm not claiming either that Obsidian are somehow responsible for Bioware's (past) succes; I'm just pointing out that BIS did help Ray and Greg (the doctors) to get started in the industry..."

No. The docs (all 3 of them) a responsible for getting started, and making the right decision. All Interplay/BIS did was make a business decision to help themselves make money.. surely wans't to help out BIo b/c they somehow cared for them out of the goodness of their heart. No more than LA/Atari gave Obsidian 'help' out of the goodness of their heart. Stop trying to give credit or blame for someone's success to others.

It's disgusting! :lol:

Edited by Volourn

Did Gromnir ever post his review?

I haven't seen him around lately either

Maria's gone too. Maybe they felt that this place was beyond saving? :lol:

I've known this place was beyond saving for years. It's never stopped me before.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Did Gromnir ever post his review?

I haven't seen him around lately either

Maria's gone too. Maybe they felt that this place was beyond saving? :p

I've known this place was beyond saving for years. It's never stopped me before.

I'll light it if you throw it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:'(

I like this place.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I like the place.. I'm just not sure about the people inhabiting it... :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Did I miss something in here?????

Nope, we use recycling a lot, you've probably seen it before... :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't understand why anyone could put DA2 on their top 10s. I just finised it, and nothing could make me want to play it again. There was warrick, and the bit with the king of the cow people, and also when your mother gets kidnapped. Maybe 10% really good content to 90% cheesy manure. I can only conclude that some people just have no style. Otherwise who keeps buying the best of Micael Bolton boxed sets.

top 10 what? bioware games?

i have a hard time not putting everything they made in my top 10 bioware games, because they've made about 10 games.

if we're talking overall games... then yeah DA2 wouldn't even make my top 50.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Did I miss something in here?????

Nope, we use recycling a lot, you've probably seen it before... :lol:

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't gone crazy in here. :yucky:

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours for a $10 dlc is not so good, i think it took me about 10-12 hours to go through honest hearts. even the shadowbroker dlc was more like 5-6 hours wasn't it?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Maybe those people rushed through it ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Took me about three hours. I didn't do absolutely everything, since I missed out on one item from the armor set in the DLC, but I did get the achievement for completing all the side quests, so I guess I was pretty close.

Felt like an appropriate length for the story, not rushed, nor artificially stretched out. Better than any of the DAO DLC (though awakening is close).

The areas are all-new, by the way, also the end boss is pretty neat, both mechanically and if one is into the DA lore. Two thumbs up from me, but I doubt anyone on the fence around here is going to care about my opinion, anyway. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif