GiantBomb Quick Look EX: Dungeon Siege III

It looks pretty good. The camera sems to be all over the place, why ? Also, he said 2 player local co-op and 4 player multiplayer but stiill, no mention on how multiplayer works. Does it work the same as local co-op ? So odd that still a month and a half away and still no multiplayer clarification.

I heard there's massive layoff in Obsidian.. They are probably not doing well.

You heard wrong. As far we know 3 interns and 5? staff members were layed off from Fallout: New Vegas project/team. And at least those interns were hired just for the DLC project.

Gotta love how a single post that says about 8 were layed off turns into massive layoffs that effect games these people were not even working on etc...

Game journalism at it's best:

-Let's not bother to research at all ,then mention DS3 in the same news as the layoffs and boom 50 people immediately think they were fired from DS3 project and how it's going to suck now etc. etc.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Both Reinhart and Katarina looks like a lot of fun to play. Think I'm still leaning towards Katarina for my first playthrough but we'll see. They've definitely done a good job on making abilities feel fresh and unique I think.

Has it been mentioned how the companions work in single-player. Do you find them as the story goes along and you simply choose who you wish to accompany you?

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

*Chris tries to revive the other guy* "So what Chris is gonna do there is......die."

Awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Watched the whole thing and I feel I understand the game much better and why the specific coop system was chosen.

While I love playing Resident Evil 5 coop mode or Castlevania HD coop mode, one problem with these games is that you can have a coop partner join you who has beaten the game 5,000 times, has every gun/ability unlocked and who just leaves you behind and it just isn't fun. First time I fired up Castlevania HD coop, my partner shot off the moment the match started and literally, I went a few rooms in while he had rushed off to defeat the boss. I think I opened one or two chests in the time he single handedly did the whole level himself.

Watched the whole thing and I feel I understand the game much better and why the specific coop system was chosen.

While I love playing Resident Evil 5 coop mode or Castlevania HD coop mode, one problem with these games is that you can have a coop partner join you who has beaten the game 5,000 times, has every gun/ability unlocked and who just leaves you behind and it just isn't fun. First time I fired up Castlevania HD coop, my partner shot off the moment the match started and literally, I went a few rooms in while he had rushed off to defeat the boss. I think I opened one or two chests in the time he single handedly did the whole level himself.

Kind of off topic a little, but I was contemplating getting Castlevania HD. Does it have really bad multiplayer problems like that, or is that more of a rare occurrence? Seems kind of odd that they wouldn't allow a host to create filters limiting players joining by levels or gear... If it's unbalanced, though, that'd be no fun. Plus I hate time limits (and I've read in the description that this game has one, bleh)... Do you feel rushed when playing this game? I guess what I really want to know is your opinion if it's worth getting or not, heh.

Kind of off topic a little, but I was contemplating getting Castlevania HD. Does it have really bad multiplayer problems like that, or is that more of a rare occurrence? Seems kind of odd that they wouldn't allow a host to create filters limiting players joining by levels or gear... If it's unbalanced, though, that'd be no fun. Plus I hate time limits (and I've read in the description that this game has one, bleh)... Do you feel rushed when playing this game? I guess what I really want to know is your opinion if it's worth getting or not, heh.

For me it has unfortunately been the norm to have coop buddies shoot off and do their own thing. I did finally play with someone who actually slowed down to explore with me and the game was much more fun.

Every map has a 30 minute time limit. It is irritating at first as the levels usually require figuring out which lever to pull where which opens this gate that leads to the boss etc. The game is similar to Resident Evil 5 & Left 4 Dead in that it can be played in single player, but it is far, far more entertaining to play in coop mode (assuming you get helpful buddies and not super companions who rush off and do everything themselves). Part of this is because many sections of levels can only be explored with a coop buddy, there is no story (no cutscenes, nothing. Story summed up in an options menu about a Grimoire of Castlevania's past being relived) and when played in single player the time limit does not pause (the whole game doesn't pause once started) even if you go into a menu screen.

The leveling system is quite different from other recent Castlevania games, like Symphony of the Night. Instead of getting XP for killing enemies you only improve your character by finding better equipment or using your characters special until it powers up.