Ramdom question

Irrelevant

I was thinking about this and I dont know.

Stocks don't count because other people make them matter more.

I was thinking of money, but that just makes other things worth less.

Children/seeds/ect I guess? But thats not what I'm thinking about.

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

Is there anything that matters more by itself, alone, the longer you have it?

Hmm, Don't those things only matter more because we make them matter more?

Edited by Irrelevant

Mortgages

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Cars seem to decrease in value. Even if you have a classic, at best it retains it's value (sometimes as in equivalent value, with if it cost $5000 yesteryear, and that is equivalent to $25000 now, it will sell for $25000) unless it's one of those VERY rare classics that everyone wants.

Comics used to increase in value...but I think almost everything I got in the 90s with some rare exceptions is basically worth junk now days.

Except for very rare books, books seem to decrease in value.

Overall, I think the rule is that thing decrease in value rather then increase.

Value does not exist. You are merely a creation of my mind.

Strange because i'm sure that Australia is imaginary.

Although to translate his point; nothing has intrinsic value, all value it's instrumental as means to ends.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Nu-uh!! I need food whenever I like/want it or not.

Sigh, you need food because your body needs to feed. So if you want to live you need food, it is only instrumental to living.

I though you wanted to talk economics; from your first post, and not philosophy.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

buy painting

kill the painter

????

profit

Dummy it's better to

kidnap the painter

make him do a bunch of paintings

kill him

????

profit.

:p

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

Funny thing, value. A thing is usually worth as much as people desire it. Collectors are a strange bunch "artificially" inflating values because they all agree that something (usually quite useless) is desireable to them and the more they agree, the more the object of desire gains in fame and adds to the desire, being a self reinforcing mechanism. Seriously, Mona Lisa is not that attractive.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Funny thing, value. A thing is usually worth as much as people desire it. Collectors are a strange bunch "artificially" inflating values because they all agree that something (usually quite useless) is desireable to them and the more they agree, the more the object of desire gains in fame and adds to the desire, being a self reinforcing mechanism. Seriously, Mona Lisa is not that attractive.

You take that back, Elle a chaud au cul

village_idiot.gif

Not really, since our economic system is based on impossible idea of infinite growth. One result of this idea is that nation states and national banks fight inflation and deflation all the time. Fiscal policies try to target around 2-3% yearly inflation and anything you own should be inflation + x% in order for it to keep value or increase value. At first look it doesn't seem that hard to do, year in year out 4-6% increase of value can be tricky. Of course if you always make the right moves

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Sigh, you need food because your body needs to feed. So if you want to live you need food, it is only instrumental to living.

I though you wanted to talk economics; from your first post, and not philosophy.

Okay, sorry for the misdirection.

Thank you, your explanation is the one that makes more sense to me.

Okay, sorry for the misdirection.

Thank you, your explanation is the one that makes more sense to me.

Hey, it's your thread I just think you need to define what you want a bit more.

village_idiot.gif

Not really, since our economic system is based on impossible idea of infinite growth. One result of this idea is that nation states and national banks fight inflation and deflation all the time. Fiscal policies try to target around 2-3% yearly inflation and anything you own should be inflation + x% in order for it to keep value or increase value. At first look it doesn't seem that hard to do, year in year out 4-6% increase of value can be tricky. Of course if you always make the right moves

Any record of some kind. Fastest mile run, honesty, etc.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.