Word of Darkness Online

Minchi

Hey guys guess what I heard that the creators of Eve Online are actually working on a mmorpg that is totally based on Vampire the Masqureade and many tabletop rpg game books that white wolf publishing made and from. The vids that they made for the game is pretty kewl. Would anyone wanna play this style of rpg at all and would they want to? I wonder when the darn thing is coming out.

I hope that the game will have a way to play it free o.o;;; than buying a monthly subscription or paying for one o.o;;;;

...mmorpg that is totally based on Vampire the Masqureade ...
I just threw up in my mouth.

I hope that the game will have a way to play it free o.o;;; than buying a monthly subscription or paying for one o.o;;;;
Yeah, it'll feature a F2P scheme where you, the non-paying player, have a wooden pointy stick you can use to kill vampires, while the paying customer will have a minigun with silver bullets. That's how all F2P games work, you're utterly screwed unless you pay for the extra tidbits.

I just don't understand the fascination towards F2P, unless you're a kid living with your parents (ie. no income).

Of course then it'll be based off the WoD 2.0 not the classic WoD then I would hazard a guess.. So all the people expecting something similar to the previous Vamp games could be disapointed (beyond the mmo version)... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I heard that it will be based on the classic and the new rules as well...And you don't hafta play as vampires but just the races that they released the roleplaying books for. I just don't know if the game is gonna popular or another mmorpg that died from WOW or something o.o;;;

I'd probably check it out if it ever gets released. I liked oWoD then and, after playing a few games of nWoD I've come around on that too. But at this point it is so far down the line it isn't even really worth bothering getting excited about.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

It's being developed by the EVE Online team, so it does have a decent shot at being playable. It just still seems extremely far away at this point, there has been no actual media released on it.

How do you figure? EVE was pretty bad at the start and certain aspects have actually gotten worse over the last few updates.

So, like every other MMOG then.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Of course then it'll be based off the WoD 2.0 not the classic WoD then I would hazard a guess.. So all the people expecting something similar to the previous Vamp games could be disapointed (beyond the mmo version)... :lol:

If you want the details of what we know for a fact on the game see here.

That said it is going to be mainly based on V:tM setting however the devs have outright stated they are going to use mechanics from Requiem as needed/makes sense. Take that as you will.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I'd probably check it out if it ever gets released. I liked oWoD then and, after playing a few games of nWoD I've come around on that too. But at this point it is so far down the line it isn't even really worth bothering getting excited about.

Release 2012 sometime. Also the next big PR push/info release will be this Sept for it.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente