main difference between russia and usa

obyknven

You're confusing epic with tragic, Soro.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Last time I checked Russia raped and murder hundreds of thousands of innocent women in eastern germany during WW2 where the west/usa did not. Women fled to western held germany for this very reason from eastern germany. So theres that...

Last time I checked Russia raped and murder hundreds of thousands of innocent women in eastern germany during WW2 where the west/usa did not. Women fled to western held germany for this very reason from eastern germany. So theres that...

The Russians were pigs during WWII. Even when stationed in Allied countries.

Yeah, they never really showed any appreciation for all the good things the Nazis did in occupied Russian territories. Ungrateful bastards :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, they never really showed any appreciation for all the good things the Nazis did in occupied Russian territories. Ungrateful bastards :lol:

I'm sure they used that as justification too while they raped eight year old girls. "The Russian soldiers were raping every German female from eight to eighty," she recounted later. "It was an army of rapists."

The capacity of Soviet officers to convince themselves that most of the victims were either happy with their fate, or at least accepted that it was their turn to suffer after what the Wehrmacht had done in Russia, is striking. "Our fellows were so sex-starved," a Soviet major told a British journalist at the time, "that they often raped old women of sixty, seventy or even eighty - much to these grandmothers' surprise, if not downright delight."

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I'm sure they used that as justification too while they raped eight year old girls. "The Russian soldiers were raping every German female from eight to eighty," she recounted later. "It was an army of rapists."

The capacity of Soviet officers to convince themselves that most of the victims were either happy with their fate, or at least accepted that it was their turn to suffer after what the Wehrmacht had done in Russia, is striking. "Our fellows were so sex-starved," a Soviet major told a British journalist at the time, "that they often raped old women of sixty, seventy or even eighty - much to these grandmothers' surprise, if not downright delight."

Dude that's like the most depressing thing I've read =]

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Rape in wartime is a topic in its own right. Survivors in Germany remarked that it was rarely the front line assault troops who raped, but the rear echelon and supporting detachments.

This is in contrast to, say, the seige of Badajoz, where British troops from the assaulting parties committed similar atrocities.

Ultimately, well ordered and disciplined troops subject to harsh punishment are the only way to limit such offences. It's one reason why you get even worse problems during civil wars where the fighters are unsupervised, untrained, and unregulated. But then, all sorts of atrocity occur in civil war, not just rape.

Another factor to keep in mind when you talk about rape in wartime is that rape occurs in peacetime. If you hoover up every able bodied male into uniform you are going to get a percentage who are 'natural' rapists. Natural rapists, with a gun, and plenty of vulnerable people near them.

Just some scattered thoughts.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just another post about glorious Soviet supertechnology. If you are annoyed with my articles, just don't read them. I know there are people here who are interested, so that's why I continue posting my articles. So, here I go.

The Russians have developed a stealth fighter that does not evade radar because of the wave-absorbing materials from which it is constructed, but because the plane is surrounded by a plasma shield which does all the absorbing of enemy radar. This is, indeed, an innovative approach. However, plasma emits a strong heat, so it would seem plausible that a heat-sensing radar would readily register the Russian stealth aircraft surrounded by a plasma shield. So, the question of the hour becomes, 'does American deployed radar capability include a heat-seeking radar'?

Evidently not, since Russian stealth fighter-bombers on 17 October 2000 suddenly appeared directly overhead of the American carrier, Kitty Hawk, without being picked up by any of her radars, nor any of the accompanying Aegis Cruiser radars [supposedly the most sophisticated in the world], nor any of the other assorted radars the U.S. Navy employs. These Russian stealth fighter-bombers penetrated to the very heart of this American Naval Carrier Group -- the aircraft carrier itself -- and would have blown her to pieces had this been a real war situation! News reports told us that, once the Russian bombers were visually seen over the carrier, it took the Kitty Hawk 40 minutes to get our first interceptor into the air!

Russian stealth fighter-bombers you say? Can you please share what Russian aircraft are in question here? Their designation and specifications if you don't mind.

I'm fascinated by the notion of a radar sensitive to heat.

-Elwood Blues

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised the recent downgrade of the US's credit rating hasn't made this thread yet. We're now AA+, I'm sure Russia has a AAA due to its awesome economy.

Russia is strong cannon3.JPG

USA is weakalg_obama_japan_emperor_akihito.jpg

Asking for a strong USA is like asking for a burning metal pole to be shoved up your rectum. Our strength is almost always wrapped up in our xenophobic and militaristic tendencies.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm surprised the recent downgrade of the US's credit rating hasn't made this thread yet. We're now AA+, I'm sure Russia has a AAA due to its awesome economy.

Asking for a strong USA is like asking for a burning metal pole to be shoved up your rectum. Our strength is almost always wrapped up in our xenophobic and militaristic tendencies.

More or less, the gov borrows and spends into the economy which gives us our money to start with. It can be easy to argue that this spend in is traditionally dominated by defense boondoggles. The sun is beginning to set on that picture. Its hard to guess what will come to be we have essentially 1 manufacturing person to 1 public sector person to 6 service industry(middlemen) person to 8 people who on paper contribute nothing while having the typical american 'needs'. Its a recipe for disaster for sure.

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

I just realised that the reason Putin is standing straight is probably because Russia is still butthurt after the battle of Tsushima. Whereas the USA is relaxed and can afford to be gracious.

-Elwood Blues

You do have a sense of humor Wals.

Snide people would say that to be relaxed in the presence of someone you nuked would add insult to injury. :rolleyes:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.