main difference between russia and usa

obyknven

Actually the richer an american is the less likely they are to be fat, because healthy food is overpriced, and unhealthy food packed with useless calories and sugar is always cheap. This issue is NOT quantity, the issue is quality. Poor people buy unhealthy-cheap food, rich people buy healthy-expensive food. Good food costs more, bad food is cheap. Bad food is cheap, packed with sugars, chemicals I can't even pronounce, and empty callories.

Americans eat **** branded as cheap food. I went to US not so long ago, to see a friend of mine, and i saw a similar case of bull****. When you go into a super market there, it's filled with so much crap, processed meat, processed vegetables, damn i'm sure even the canned beer is processed ... So even if i had time to cook there was noway i could eat well for a standard price, the only alternative was 30

Is this really a big deal to you, Obyknevn? This whole Russia vs. the US thing? Why do you think that is?

Still wondering what the answer to this is.

It seems like it would be more rational to say that they are both unique countries with interesting cultures and history, and these side by side comparisons are all tremendously flawed.

You know obyknven this might be the first thing you ever posted that I agree with at least a little. You never saw any US President before Obama bowing and grovelling before the other leaders of the world.

ORLY?

So, this must be a picture of Obama and Pope Benedict:

bush_bow_Pope.jpg

And presumably, this is Obama bowing his head to Queen Elizabeth:

BRITAIN-BUSH-EUROPE-007.jpg

I suppose this isn't Eisenhower bowing to Pope John XXIII:

eisenhower_bow.jpg

Or, indeed, Eisenhower bowing to de Gaulle:

bow_eisenhower_france.jpg

Perhaps it would be more truthful to say that in the past there was less manufactured outrage over the American president showing courtesy to foreign dignitaries.

And for a difference between Russia and America, how about:

Rev.-Terry-Jones-11.jpg

and

kirill.jpg

(N.B.: This is a joke.)

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Snip

Bad examples. Notice that his back is still straight and he is 'bowing' to respected ALLIES.

This is as silly as the birth certificate argument. There are plenty of serious issues to debate about the Obama administration, like health care, military actions, and the budget.

Plus, are we at war with Japan? The only DEEP bow I've seen from him was to the Japanese Emperor.

Snip

Bad examples. Notice that his back is still straight

No, not really. In the image of Bush with the Pope, his back is clearly bent; in the image of Eisenhower with Bl. John XXIII, he is clearly bowing with his back inclined.

There's also this (rather small) image of Clinton bowing to Pramukh Swami Maharaj, the Hindu leader:

nvqqh2.jpg

and he is 'bowing' to respected ALLIES.

So Japan is an enemy of the US now? Or just held in contempt?

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Japan's less an ally than the Catholic church. That idea scares me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Apparently no one is as he has also bowed to China & Suadia Arabia. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he bowed to Chavez. Apparently you haven't been paying attention to his behavior as he has been snubbing allies since he has taken office while throwing parties for China etc.

Hurlshot is right, this is hardly a major issue but it is a symptom of the problem we have in office right now and where his loyalties lie.

China is the number two trade partner to the United States, so I would hardly label them the enemy.

Saudi Arabia is number 13 on the list, so maybe we could afford to snub them.

Which allies are complaining about being snubbed, exactly?

China is the number two trade partner to the United States, so I would hardly label them the enemy.

Israel, Britain & France to name a few.

This is nothing new... why are people acting surprised.

Israel, Britain & France to name a few.

This is nothing new... why are people acting surprised.

Can't the world wait until we put our house in order before we begin playing the "good host" World leaders are beginning to sound like that crazy girl that whines on about how we don't call her anymore.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Can't the world wait until we put our house in order before we begin playing the "good host" World leaders are beginning to sound like that crazy girl that whines on about how we don't call her anymore.

No, because it doesn't work and only gives us a weak image. Just look how Russian topic starter obyknven views Obama as weak and pathetic when one of the countries Obama has been courting has been Russia. He snubbed Georgia in favor of our good buddy Russia.

Misha deserves snubbing for being a horrible liability. I don't think there's a more incomprehensibly stupid leader on the world stage at the moment (Sa'if "UNSC vote coming up so I'm going to spout some rhetoric about slaughtering people in closets" al-Islam Gaddafi might come close).

Edited by Zoraptor

No, because it doesn't work and only gives us a weak image. Just look how Russian topic starter obyknven views Obama as weak and pathetic when one of the countries Obama has been courting has been Russia. He snubbed Georgia in favor of our good buddy Russia.

The alpha dog doesn't need to prove that he is the alpha dog, he just shrugs everything off. But when the time comes he is the alpha, I don't get why we are catering to all these countries that do nothing for us. On the switch I don't recall them coming over and thanking us for anything.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apparently no one is as he has also bowed to China & Suadia Arabia. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he bowed to Chavez. Apparently you haven't been paying attention to his behavior as he has been snubbing allies since he has taken office while throwing parties for China etc.

Hurlshot is right, this is hardly a major issue but it is a symptom of the problem we have in office right now and where his loyalties lie.

Regarding Saudi Arabia, it makes perfect sense. The Saudi royal family has been the US government's bestest friend ever since WWII.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: