Layoff hits Obsidian?

funcroc

It's nice to see Obsidian hiring again. They've gone from 94 workers to 102 according to LinkedIn.

They are actually at 98. That Linkedin number seems to work differently/wrong a lot of times. Just click on *See all* to see the actual number. Latest one was Bree coming back.

Though the Linkedin number itself is probably not 100% correct for various reasons (employee not on linkedin/dead account/.....)

Edited by C2B

Wait, kickstarter just ended and layoffs now? Or this is Obsidian in whole and project eternity is just a 'division' of the company? Sorry i am new. I am a backer but dont follow the things obsessively.

Look when this thread was started...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Wait, kickstarter just ended and layoffs now? Or this is Obsidian in whole and project eternity is just a 'division' of the company? Sorry i am new. I am a backer but dont follow the things obsessively.

As Flouride says.

This thread is actually about two layoffs. Once in April 2011 after New Vegas and the second (very big one) march this year due to a cancellation.

Kickstarter including some (Ex-) Obsidian devs

http://www.kickstart...-world-of-gears

Don't know if it's been posted yet.

Seems like it'll reach its goal just fine. Mobile game makes me kind of not interested, though.

It also looks like for many of the devs this is a side-gig? If I remember correctly Liz Fiacco is also working with Jason Fader's crew.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I think they are more lucrative than we may realize, though the scope does allow them to be a side gig.

Though working on them may present a conflict of interest if it's a side gig and your regular gig is working on game development for a different company.