Layoff hits Obsidian?

funcroc

Wow that's pretty awful for the guy that started on Monday.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That also seems so incredible sudden

Sounds like a deadline for contract negotiations with potential publishers for a project came and went.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just got in good moods with the Wasteland 2 stuff, and now this has to happen. :(

I hope Obsidian gets their issues solved and a good publisher for whatever they're doing without any further misfortunes.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

It's really news like this that make me hate the gaming business. At least there's still hope of Kickstarter projects and some indie companies (and Paradox) actually making something worth getting instead of the 41312 generic shooters / sports games we are getting.

Getting all that talent back even if they get a new project somewhat soon will take some time, not to mention how demoralizing it must be for those who still stay at Obs. Don't think there's really any way to plan on these things, if it comes as suddenly as it seems to have come. Especially at a time like this when the nextgen consoles are kinda coming to the market in 2013/2014.

Hate the living, love the dead.

This ****ing sucks.

Is Josh's project still alive and kicking though?

This was Josh's project. Seriously what has Josh done to deserve this? This must be like the 4th or 5th major release of his that gets cancelled for some weird reason.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I could start swearing but that would be censored.

What else can I say? It sucks for sure. And to learn that just after I read an excellent Powerpoint Josh did to explain how choices and consequences must be done in a video game...

You can read it here by the way: http://diogenes-lamp.info/GDC12_Do_Say_The_Right_Thing.pdf

I expected Obsidian to be in better shape after the success of Fallout New Vegas. What happened?

By the way, I may be mistaken but I think any kickstarter possibility is out of the question for the moment since Chris is already on it. On better news, I saw on forums a lot of expectation considering an Obsidian kickstarter project.