What are you playing now?

Finished Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. I think I'll start 9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors. Am restarting Gray Matter since I missed some bonuses in the first chapter.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Almost done with Demon's Souls. Only a few bosses left. I'm now at The Valley of Defilement, and those big *** goblins are defiling my honor! I hate them so much. I'm lost and don't know where to go. I thought I was doing good on one of my runs when a black phantom destroys me... Rage building up. I will complete you damnit, so little left now.

Almost done with Demon's Souls. Only a few bosses left. I'm now at The Valley of Defilement, and those big *** goblins are defiling my honor! I hate them so much. I'm lost and don't know where to go. I thought I was doing good on one of my runs when a black phantom destroys me... Rage building up. I will complete you damnit, so little left now.

Stay away from that Black Phantom, use slashing weapons on those goblins, divide and conquer. For the big ones move around them sideways and roll when they strike, either to the side or back and then strike. Godspeed man, also you don't need to do the valley to win the game.

I just remembered, once you get to the scaffold follow it through all the way around the cave until you get to the next side. You get to drop that bridge right at the beginning, it will help you when you have to fight the boss.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

New BGTutu+BG2 run after I had to abort the last one due to BG Trilogy introducing huge lag. Made a Fighter/Druid shadowkeep'd to the Avenger kit, the usual assortment of mods centred around SCS AI/encounter upgrades, also modded NPCs' kits & proficiencies to mix it up a bit.

Stay away from that Black Phantom, use slashing weapons on those goblins, divide and conquer. For the big ones move around them sideways and roll when they strike, either to the side or back and then strike. Godspeed man, also you don't need to do the valley to win the game.

I just remembered, once you get to the scaffold follow it through all the way around the cave until you get to the next side. You get to drop that bridge right at the beginning, it will help you when you have to fight the boss.

Now that I know where most of the enemies are located, I will avoid most of them. And it is good to know there is a possible shortcut I can take. Had no idea about that one, thanks. I will have the level beaten by the end of the day... I hope.

A recent thread here motivated me to retry Arcanum in the weekend, but again I couldn't get past Black Mountain mines and uninstalled the game.

So now I'm playing some adventure games, awaiting TW2 and (lulz) Fable 3.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Black Phantoms in Valley of Defilement? What are you playing on Black World Tendency?

I was exploring the poison swamp when suddenly a black phantom with a Meat Cleaver attacks me. It could dodge and roll, all I could do was panick, "****, ****, I don't want to die!" * dies*. Was not playing in Black World tendency. It doesn't matter anymore, because I finally beat the game. The boss for that level was not as challenging as I feared. Used a Kris Blade+Insanity Catalyst + Ring of Magical Sharpness, one fire storm took him out. The next boss battle was even easier. I took a left and fought Garl Vinland. He just stood there and wouldn't follow me. Quite easy. Make him attack, dodge, get a hit or two, rince and repeat. I also used fire magic, because I was using a Crescent Falchion +4 so that helped regaining mp. Was slowly making my way to the Maiden thinking that she would do bad things to me, but what happened next was totally unexpected.

The False King was the last boss left and it was the most enjoyable fight in the game. Had to use 15 Full Moon Grass in that fight alone. What bugs me is that I don't know where to look for my total death count. Nothing popped up after beating the game.

You got 41 cans for your 360? Can I get a Chicago to English translation?

I used to play BC2 on PC. Do you have the Vietnam expansion?

Edited by Tale

I play BC2 once or twice a week. I keep looking at the Vietnam expansion, but I don't think I play it enough to justify the purchase. Plus, BF3 is coming out soon, and I'll get that on day 1.

Let us know how it is. I've been looking at Spiderweb stuff and have never been willing to pay their prices for a whim.

Finished the Back to the Future adventure set over the bank holiday weekend (well, apart from Episode 5 which isn't out yet).

Generally amusing, with some light brain work involved. Although I know they're episodic games they did feel a little short.

And I'm remembering not to try to just do a "quick dabble" on Alpha Centauri when I've got a batch of things to do in a day.. :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Playing Sims:Medieval. Just the tutorial so far, so I haven't seen much of the game yet, but I've been having fun slapping my subjects in the face. Have to keep the peasants in line, of course. I've also tried Europa 1400: The Guild, but about 5 minutes in I got punched in the face and knocked out by the micromanagement. It might be a really good game, and I like the premise, but I just don't seem to have the patience for it.

SO I got a nice set of cans(Turtle Beach X41) for my 360 and started enjoying Bad Company 2 in multiplayer. Anyone here plays that thang on 360?

Yeah I have done, and the Turtle Beach cans are awesome, I use 'em for all my Consoles and TV... It's only the mic which is 360 only.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Corp joined an alliance in EVE. Funny how that came to be : corp mate is friends with the alliance leader in real life, so that made it go smoothly. Now the sucky thing is having to pack up and leave my area and head all the way to their space. Ugh, thank God for Jump Clones. :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i'm playing "get ready for my wedding", its expensive, stress-inducing, includes lots of un-fun minigames (envelope stuffing, postage stamp licking), and is very time consuming. At the rate the world is turning it will take me about 10 days to finish the game, and then I can move on and try something else.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i'm playing "get ready for my wedding", its expensive, stress-inducing, includes lots of un-fun minigames (envelope stuffing, postage stamp licking), and is very time consuming. At the rate the world is turning it will take me about 10 days to finish the game, and then I can move on and try something else.

A game with great choice and concequence! But be sure not to pick the "divorce" route.

A few games of Solitaire. Sometimes it surprises me how addicting it can be for an hour or so.

I used to love playing the various styles of solitare, with real cards. Some of them are rather elaborate. But it's so much easier to just click the mouse.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts