What are you playing now?

Calax, are we calling Greybriar the official Obsidianite server? I think we can safely say Defiant is our faction, those guardians are too goody two-shoesy.

Yep. Got a cleric to mess around with all set up (Cardath).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Playing AP for the 7th time and it's still lots of fun, if flawed. Still seeing some stuff I've never seen before, like how

Shaheed dies in the missile blast if you arrest him

. Also hoping to get the

Mina/Heck kills Scarlet

part of the ending, no idea how to. Hell, also want to have

Heck end up on the boat with you

but that's very difficult, too.

Playing AP for the 7th time and it's still lots of fun, if flawed. Still seeing some stuff I've never seen before, like how

Shaheed dies in the missile blast if you arrest him

. Also hoping to get the

Mina/Heck kills Scarlet

part of the ending, no idea how to. Hell, also want to have

Heck end up on the boat with you

but that's very difficult, too.

I thought getting

Heck on the boat with you was as easy as having him as your handler for the final mission. It was the first ending I got with the game. I recently did my third play through and it was the first time I ever ran into Scarlet during the final section. I would always walk past the room she is in and she is right before the cave in/flooding area that prevents you from returning. I would have missed it a third time but I checked my journal and made sure to look around. I don't know what it is about the door she is behind but it is sort of off to the side in an intense section and easily missable, for me at least. I did get the Mina kills Scarlet ending, but the only thing I could say about that is it was during a no-kill stealth play through. Very cool ending though!

No. the way priorities are set up for the boat is such that in most cases, you get

Mina. It is only if you have not freed MIna, killed her, or she hates you, etc, where it then checks for, for instance, who your handler is or whether you have a good relationship with another woman that has a reason to be there - e.g. you freed Scarlet, etc. Despite deliberately trying various things I got Mina most of the time. Hell, you can end up alone on the boat.

I'm playing a stealth build this time again - AP is just not as much fun if you go in guns blazing - with the .ini edited so the enemies aren't as blind and deaf. Makes ghosting the whole game impossible, but certainly am minimising kills.

I didn't even knew you can

have Heck on the boat

and I played the game at least 9 times-- with always a somewhat different ending.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

There is a game I want to try, but I thought I would ask here before getting it.

The Guild.

I have always wanted to try a game like this, but I don't know how complicated the game is, or if I should start with another game that plays like it. I'm asking because GoG.com has a JoWood sale.

I can't remember which, maybe it was Anno 1400 or it was the Guild, but I remember being discouraged by the sheer complexity and the interface, though I really wanted to get into it. So yeah, same question. :thumbsup:

There is a game I want to try, but I thought I would ask here before getting it.

The Guild.

I have always wanted to try a game like this, but I don't know how complicated the game is, or if I should start with another game that plays like it. I'm asking because GoG.com has a JoWood sale.

I liked it, fair bit of micro. Gets boring once you get a system all clicking though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I can't remember which, maybe it was Anno 1400 or it was the Guild, but I remember being discouraged by the sheer complexity and the interface, though I really wanted to get into it. So yeah, same question. :sorcerer:

I tried the demo and was similarly discouraged. It didn't help that there was no real tutorial that I could find.

Just finished Tropico 3.

It's a fun cute little game but could really do with a bit more depth or at least better production values.

Certainly worked better than the Guild for me.

Edited by pmp10

Gray Matter arrived. Squeeee

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finally got around to start my first game of Fallout: New Vegas (yeah, a bit late, I know).

My tech savvy explosives/energy weapon expert followed this girl around for a short while to learn basic survival in the world of FO:NV and promptly got himself killed by a pair of Geckos :)

I got so distracted by the hilarious animations that i forgot to keep shooting at the critters. Hit it in the head with a laser pistol and it will bury its head in its "hands" (paws, claws, whatever) and go 'Ow! Ow! Ow!...' while rubbing its eyes. Hard to keep a straight face after that :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hilarious moment in FIFA. Cutting United apart 11-1, and most of the goals were believable, then the game crashes and I have to replay the match. Should up the difficulty, hopefully the AI will learn to do something other than long ball to their god striker. :shifty:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hit it in the head with a laser pistol and it will bury its head in its "hands" (paws, claws, whatever) and go 'Ow! Ow! Ow!...' while rubbing its eyes. Hard to keep a straight face after that :)

Heh, that is a cute animation. :lol:

I've been playing FNV just a little too. The weapons changes are definitely awesome from an "I take more damage now" perspective. The world is more dangerous around human enemies and I like it. Probably not enough to carry me through another entire run of the game (or even a half-run, heh) but a very nice job of tweaking.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I tried The Guild and I didn't last long. Uncontrollable debts got me sent to the dungeons for the rest of my life. I only lasted three years. Too much spending and minimal profit was what ended my career as a thieving son of a thief. Maybe I should try to play as a trader first, and then try the thief route(the way I want to play).

Just finished S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - Really loved the ending "I want to be rich" :lol:

This game has been on hiatus for years - I bought this game in 2007, but my PC back then couldn't handle the graphics with good enough framerate. I did upgrade my machine later in 2007, but World of Warcraft took most of my gaming time. So Stalker was buried deep into game boxes bag and moved to attic... untill I bought it again from the Steam holiday sales (yes, I have two copies of this game). Shame I didn't get a chance to finish this game few days earlier, as it's been 25 years (how time flies fast) since the disaster (26th april 1986). I still remember the event vididly.

Glad I finished the the game after all these years. Other then early part of the game gimpy weapons, few bugs and poor voice acting, I don't have much to criticize.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Just finished S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - Really loved the ending "I want to be rich" :lol:

This game has been on hiatus for years - I bought this game in 2007, but my PC back then couldn't handle the graphics with good enough framerate. I did upgrade my machine later in 2007, but World of Warcraft took most of my gaming time. So Stalker was buried deep into game boxes bag and moved to attic... untill I bought it again from the Steam holiday sales (yes, I have two copies of this game). Shame I didn't get a chance to finish this game few days earlier, as it's been 25 years (how time flies fast) since the disaster (26th april 1986). I still remember the event vididly.

Glad I finished the the game after all these years. Other then early part of the game gimpy weapons, few bugs and poor voice acting, I don't have much to criticize.

None of the wish granter endings are the good endings, just fyi. You're not even meant to go there to be honest. To get one of the good endings, you have to follow a specific quest line throughout the game.

Just kill the Strelok to get the nice ending.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just kill the Strelok to get the nice ending.

No need, the ending I got was perfect :thumbsup:

It's right there with Bloodlines "submerged into ocean" or "blown to pieces". Just the type the ending I like.

But if you go for a good ending you also get around 2-4 hours of additional gameplay.

You say that like it's a good thing. Those 2-4 hours were terrible.

Just finished Back to the Future Episode 4. I think this may be their second best series, yet. It's not over, so that may change.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just thought I'd have a quick dabble on Alpha Centauri while I had an hour or so free.

Heh. I really should know better.

5 hours later and dinner is putting a pause in my Centauri accomplishments. :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."