Portal 2

Humodour

I'm downloading it now... ****ty Internet connection in this old house so only getting 400kb/s speed.

Considering all the hype and expectation I'm not sure it will manage to match the glory of Portal 1, but hey, I trust Valve well enough to supply me with a fantastic game regardless.

Finished the coop levels yesterday. It was fun, but short and not very hard. The longest puzzles have been long not because of complexity, but because you had to figure out the obvious. I really wish there would have been more big, complexe puzzles.

Will start playing the sp next week, when I am back home.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished the singleplayer yesterday, absolutely goddamn amazing from start to finish, with an ending that'll leave you smiling for days.

Now I just need to convince the GF to play coop with me. >_<

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'll be looking for a co-op buddy tonight. I want to play Atlas.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

people say it's just as good as (if not better than) Half-Life 2. I'm really excited :o

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

IMO it's miles ahead of HL2, mostly because it's not an overextended tech demo.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I like it more than Half-Life 2 because it doesn't have any really stupid parts. I'm looking at you Sandtrap and the ooze equivalent. I was sick of picking up items to jump onto to traverse hazardous terrain by the second item of the first time I did it. Stop that ****, Valve.

Edited by Tale

Yes, I expect they haven't learned that lesson. They reused that "puzzle" again in Episode 2. Somebody at Valve really likes it.

Edited by Tale

HL2 was an FPS, comparing it to a puzzle game like Portal is like saying a hammer is better than a cloud.

Yes, I expect they haven't learned that lesson. They reused that "puzzle" again in Episode 2. Somebody at Valve really likes it.

Half-life is half-life, there is no reason why they would change a working formula. Thats why they make other games when they get other ideas, rather than try and squeeze new gameplay into the old games. And Im one of those people who dont get why HL2 has such a good rep. It was a good game, not special or great in any way. Left 4 Dead and it's sequel are the best FPS shooters they've made, IMO.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Half-life is half-life, there is no reason why they would change a working formula.

Because they didn't use that particular segment in Episode 1 nor in the original Half-Life. And because that section sucks. It is not part of the working formula.

I'm not sure you know what I'm talking about.

Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, and Portal are my favourite Valve games.

HL2, HL2: Ep 2, and L4D1&2 are good games but not in the same league.

I am hit by that Win 7 crash on first loading screen with Portal 2 so I'll have to wait for Valve to patch it. A good thing, really; I should study this long weekend.

Just beat Co-Op with Calax. A couple of those had us stuck for a little while.

Edited by Tale

Half-life is half-life, there is no reason why they would change a working formula.

Because they didn't use that particular segment in Episode 1 nor in the original Half-Life. And because that section sucks. It is not part of the working formula.

I'm not sure you know what I'm talking about.

I was writing in general terms, I dont remember anything from Ep2 other than shooting bugs and being on a train in the beginning.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You don't remember racing around in the car, killing striders with the magnusson device? What a pain in the ass that was.

EDIT: On topic, my copy of Portal 2 shipped on Tuesday (the 19th) from amazon. Should have it next week with any luck.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

It's fun that Valve's really good games; Portal, Left 4 Dead etc. were all made by people outside Valve who were assimilated into the company. But its Valve who gets all the credits for being inventive and awesome. I mean, they probably are awesome compared to corporate slaves like DiCE, but.. things are.. you know?

It's fun that Valve's really good games; Portal, Left 4 Dead etc. were all made by people outside Valve who were assimilated into the company. But its Valve who gets all the credits for being inventive and awesome. I mean, they probably are awesome compared to corporate slaves like DiCE, but.. things are.. you know?

Portal was a nice and gimmicky game, but because of Valve employees reinforcing the team, Portal 2 was even better.

L4D was boring though. I wish Valve would concentrate on making more singleplayer franchises.

Does Portal 2 have any of those "twitch" like puzzle elements? As in that one $#@!&^$% Level in the first one where you had to quickly open a portal in this one spot then open another in under 10 trillion milliseconds or you could not get past it. That's when I un-installed. Had a blast up to that point.

Yes I'm bitter.

There are some in singleplayer aswell. Although they're much easier than they were in Portal. Speaking of which, have I gotten smarter since then or is Portal 2 easier than the original game?