Interview with a suicide bomber

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13111948

You may have read similar before, but this one is particularly neatly put together.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

FAILED suicide bomber... This tard sounds like a useles moron from the onset. I'll go read the article, I hope the sod suffers forever.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

"I am so grateful, because I have been saved from going to hell. I am in a lot of pain, but I know there are many people in hospital even more severely injured than me and I am so sorry for what I did and for what Ismail did. We did a very bad thing by killing children and old men and women. I now realise suicide bombing is un-Islamic. I hope people will forgive me."

I so hope he is telling the truth and this isn't some rehearsed line practiced to be given if captured. If genuine it shows that this problem could be combated if all schools were targeted for anti-taliban education.

I suppose it's not that different from people kidnapped by cults. It works by 24/7 indoctrination. Once they are free of the environment they can't help but start thinking for themselves. Many suicide bomber recruits are people who are easily swayed, have social problems etc.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Pfft, he's only "sorry" because he got caught and will rightfully be strung up by the neck. He sure didnt give a damn when he exploded his belt or even later when he tried to detonate a grenade after regaining consciousness but NOW hes seen the light. :lol:

Whatever, enjoy the view from the gallows.

Pfft, he's only "sorry" because he got caught and will rightfully be strung up by the neck. He sure didnt give a damn when he exploded his belt or even later when he tried to detonate a grenade after regaining consciousness but NOW hes seen the light. :lol:

Normally I'd agree 100%, but this is a 14 year old we're talking about here and 14 year olds are morons in modern countries.

I can't say I'll be sad if the fool gets executed considering the pain he has inflicted, that said there needs to be some sort of education going on. Don't they KNOW where this school is located? If they know where the school is located why don't they know where the Taliban is located. They are obviously in the area stopping at these schools getting recruits. You stop the flow of new recruits and I imagine you'd put a nice dent in the Taliban.

Pfft, he's only "sorry" because he got caught and will rightfully be strung up by the neck. He sure didnt give a damn when he exploded his belt or even later when he tried to detonate a grenade after regaining consciousness but NOW hes seen the light. :x

Normally I'd agree 100%, but this is a 14 year old we're talking about here and 14 year olds are morons in modern countries.

I can't say I'll be sad if the fool gets executed considering the pain he has inflicted, that said there needs to be some sort of education going on. Don't they KNOW where this school is located? If they know where the school is located why don't they know where the Taliban is located. They are obviously in the area stopping at these schools getting recruits. You stop the flow of new recruits and I imagine you'd put a nice dent in the Taliban.

Agreed, even if he is acting on self interest I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The problem is the West is too weak minded to go after those schools, even when they're in the West.

Yes. Because the best thing we could do is bomb the crap out of schoolchildren. :x

~~

My understanding is that this is about 24/7 indoctrination as Gorgon says. This kid is genuinely a victim of terror, at least in my eyes.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The problem is the West is too weak minded to go after those schools, even when they're in the West.

I'm not sure if you can really combat extremism in schools by 'going after them' as that just tends to reinforce what the extremists are preaching. It is essentially an extremist act in itself to shut down a school that is teaching extremism.

I say offering better educational alternatives is much more effective in the long run. Extremism basically takes advantage of the lack of education by filling it with misinformation. I met with a diplomat who worked in Iran a few years ago, and he said he would go to Iranian schools and the students basically believed Islam was illegal in the US. He would explain that Muslim students go to school and sit next to students of all sorts of diverse backgrounds in the US, and they would be shocked.

It is a lot easier to believe the West is trying to destroy your way of life when they are shutting down your schools and rolling in with tanks and helicopters. I realize that oversimplifies a complex situation, but military action has proven fairly useless against dogma

Can't agree with you either, Hurlshot. I don't see anthing wrong or weird about shutting down a school which preaches extremism.

You yourself mention how a lack of education is key to the phenomenon. But if kids are being reared in 24/7 isolation and brainwashing, how can you educate them? Exploit loudspeakers? Skywriting? You have to 'break' the hold over the kids to get access to them. That hold is the school, surely?

Of course, accessing schools in another country is a wee bit tricky. Setting up better schools is even more problematic, since your schools are in turn vulnerable to the extremists you are trying to combat. Don't forget that these ****ers consider it quite consistent with honour to throw battery acid in the faces of little girls for daring to get an education.

-Elwood Blues

Can't agree with you either, Hurlshot. I don't see anthing wrong or weird about shutting down a school which preaches extremism.

You yourself mention how a lack of education is key to the phenomenon. But if kids are being reared in 24/7 isolation and brainwashing, how can you educate them? Exploit loudspeakers? Skywriting? You have to 'break' the hold over the kids to get access to them. That hold is the school, surely?

Of course, accessing schools in another country is a wee bit tricky. Setting up better schools is even more problematic, since your schools are in turn vulnerable to the extremists you are trying to combat. Don't forget that these ****ers consider it quite consistent with honour to throw battery acid in the faces of little girls for daring to get an education.

I would go for the Machieavilian tactics here and put an iron fist, it's easier than trying to bring them to your level. Before anyone says anything about those tactics furthering support for our enemies, consider the following: they have very low levels of education and high poverty, which is why the Taliban targets those particular areas looking for suicide bombers. It's easier for us to prey on the same factors that drive them into the Taliban than to uplift them to our level and hope that they become "converts" into our way of living, on one hand we punish severely and on the other we offer a reward. Eventually those that do not fear might will seek the rewards, turning the tide to our favor.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but if you have two schools in a village and one turns out doctors and lawyers and the other gets your kid to commit suicide at 14, I'm hoping the enrollment of the extremist school will plummet.

I know I'm oversimplifying, I'm just saying the most important thing here is to offer a better alternative than being a suicide bomber.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but if you have two schools in a village and one turns out doctors and lawyers and the other gets your kid to commit suicide at 14, I'm hoping the enrollment of the extremist school will plummet.

I really doubt becoming a suicide bomber is considered a career choice in those societies.

And opportunities to become doctors and lawyers are not that common even in western democracies.

Yes. Because the best thing we could do is bomb the crap out of schoolchildren. :down:

~~

My understanding is that this is about 24/7 indoctrination as Gorgon says. This kid is genuinely a victim of terror, at least in my eyes.

Bombing is the only way to go after someone, that's for sure. I can see now how you guys got your empire.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I really doubt becoming a suicide bomber is considered a career choice in those societies.

And opportunities to become doctors and lawyers are not that common even in western democracies.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, being a doctor or a lawyer is not as lucrative in these places as it is in the west. It is still possible for them to have a relatively great number of doctors and lawyers. E.G: Cuba's a third world country and still manages to have a great medical system, going so far as to send doctors overseas.

village_idiot.gif

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, being a doctor or a lawyer is not as lucrative in these places as it is in the west. It is still possible for them to have a relatively great number of doctors and lawyers. E.G: Cuba's a third world country and still manages to have a great medical system, going so far as to send doctors overseas.

The problem I see is that acquiring education in such a society without any proir familiy history takes a good deal of social mobility.

No matter our wishful thinking I doubt that is a common feature of afgan society.

In general making policies for such a place projecting our societies and institution onto a tribal people will rarely end well.

"Normally I'd agree 100%, but this is a 14 year old we're talking about here and 14 year olds are morons in modern countries."

When a 14 year old in the West decides to go on a muyrder spree or even 'just' kills one person it's considered sick, twisted, horrible, nearly unforgiveable, and most definitely not the norm.

When a 14 year old in your so called 'non modern coutnries' do it, it's often considred their religious duty and they are praised for it. In fact, they're trained for it.

As for this specific 14 year old goes, I'm not gonna write him off completely since I don't know him and he might be sincere. Just writing him off as a blameless brainwashed victim is just as simple minded as wiritng him off a cold blood monster. He's 14 not 1. At 14 eyars old, you have enough of a sense of a personal identity to think for yourself. hell, 14 is an age where rebelling against those in power is considred expected so the fact that he was soe asily infleunced into committing MASS MURDER against fellow Muslims on behalf of his religion is on him and his weaknesses.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Normally I'd agree 100%, but this is a 14 year old we're talking about here and 14 year olds are morons in modern countries."

When a 14 year old in the West decides to go on a muyrder spree or even 'just' kills one person it's considered sick, twisted, horrible, nearly unforgiveable, and most definitely not the norm.

When a 14 year old in your so called 'non modern coutnries' do it, it's often considred their religious duty and they are praised for it. In fact, they're trained for it.

As for this specific 14 year old goes, I'm not gonna write him off completely since I don't know him and he might be sincere. Just writing him off as a blameless brainwashed victim is just as simple minded as wiritng him off a cold blood monster. He's 14 not 1. At 14 eyars old, you have enough of a sense of a personal identity to think for yourself. hell, 14 is an age where rebelling against those in power is considred expected so the fact that he was soe asily infleunced into committing MASS MURDER against fellow Muslims on behalf of his religion is on him and his weaknesses.

Did you read my previous post? I mentioned that I HOPE he is sincere in his regret. You make it sound like I'm somehow defending terrorists. Reading the story, it sounds like he was indoctrinated into a cult, similar to how those stupid women followed Manson and ended up slicing people into little pieces. You can't really compare this quite the same way to a sociopath who decides to shoot up the school for a historic body count.

I also mentioned that I'm not going to shed a tear if this idiot gets punishment, including a death penalty. People are still accountable for their actions.

My point has been that there needs to be some sort of anti-taliban movement targeting schools in the region so the Taliban can no longer stop by the schools and spread their bs about 72 virgins etc.

The point is that you mentioned that 14 years in 'modern countries' are morons too like that somehow is the reson he ended up being a terrorists. Even if you could prove all 14 year olds old in the West are moderns that doesn't mean being a moron = potential terrorist. That's silly. Nor would it be in any way acceptable to do.

Just look at things when a teen is reported to shoot people in the west - it's all condemnation. It's not just pooed pooed as 'moron 14 year does does soemthing moron'.

14 years old being morons tends to them doing strupid things like skateboaridng down steps dangerously, tailgaiting cars, drinking til they puke, sex without protection, etc., etc. not committing mass murder and certainly not being considred acceptable behaviour by religious leaders (barring probably a couple of psychos).

I never claimed you were defending terrorists.

I wanted to make a distinction between '14 year old morons' and 'religious terrorists'. HUGE difference.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The point is that you mentioned that 14 years in 'modern countries' are morons too like that somehow is the reson he ended up being a terrorists. Even if you could prove all 14 year olds old in the West are moderns that doesn't mean being a moron = potential terrorist. That's silly. Nor would it be in any way acceptable to do.

Just look at things when a teen is reported to shoot people in the west - it's all condemnation. It's not just pooed pooed as 'moron 14 year does does soemthing moron'.

14 years old being morons tends to them doing strupid things like skateboaridng down steps dangerously, tailgaiting cars, drinking til they puke, sex without protection, etc., etc. not committing mass murder and certainly not being considred acceptable behaviour by religious leaders (barring probably a couple of psychos).

I never claimed you were defending terrorists.

I wanted to make a distinction between '14 year old morons' and 'religious terrorists'. HUGE difference.

Again, a younger person is more likely to fall under cult like influence, which if you had read the story seems to be the case here (AGAIN the kid may be spinning a nice 'woe is me' story and again hes likely to be punished either way). The Taliban keep revisiting a school filling kids heads with promises of glorious afterlife etc. which is the real problem here.

You keep bringing up this point about kids shooting up schools. Sociopaths have nothing to do with people being convinced by a charismatic voice that the sky is made of cheese and rubbing a squid on your face will make it rain chihuahuas. Or in this case strapping a bomb to one's chest and blowing up a bunch of people leading to a beautiful afterlife full of virgins servicing you.

Yes. Because the best thing we could do is bomb the crap out of schoolchildren. :o

~~

Bombing is the only way to go after someone, that's for sure. I can see now how you guys got your empire.

I can honestly never work out if you're 14 or 40.

-Elwood Blues