Using Lucas as an example, are there armours that are better suited for the one handed stance, than for the two handed stance?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Actually, some stats are kept when changing stances, and some aren't. For example, Lucas in his two-handed stance will retain the stat benefits from his armor, but when he switches to his 1-handed stance, will lose the benefits that are on the two-handed weapon that's equipped. It's why you outfit your stances for what you might encounter.

Well, that is obvious... I hope ;) . But what about the defensive stance depending on the previous stance you were on? It seems that for the stance that uses two pieces of equipment, one gives a bonus to defense, and the other had the Chaos effects.

Using Lucas as an example, are there armours that are better suited for the one handed stance, than for the two handed stance?

Really, it depends more on how you set up your character than your stance.

Well, that is obvious... I hope ;) . But what about the defensive stance depending on the previous stance you were on? It seems that for the stance that uses two pieces of equipment, one gives a bonus to defense, and the other had the Chaos effects.

The defensive stance is still using the stats of the offensive stance that you are in before hitting the "Defensive Stance" button, if that makes sense. And again, it's still going to depend on how you build your character.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

The armor of Rajani makes me laugh, it's as if she couldn't decide between bikini armor or full-on armor, and ended up with the bottom of the first and the top of the second. Also, heels. What's up with the heels, Obsidian?

Also, damn english for being nearly gender-neutral.

Looks nice to me.

Dungeon Siege 3 was reviewed in the latest GameStar issue (Germany's biggest PC print mag).

It got a score of 80%.

For comparison, Alpha Protocol got 83%, Witcher 2 87%.

It was a horrible review by a horrible reviewer.

Edited by C2B

Dungeon Siege 3 was reviewed in the latest GameStar issue (Germany's biggest PC print mag).

It got a score of 80%.

For comparison, Alpha Protocol got 83%, Witcher 2 87%.

It was a horrible review by a horrible reviewer.

Have you read it? Care to elaborate?

Yes.

To name two very visible points:

She starts off by insisting DSIII has absolutly no story connection to previous Dungeon Siege Games.

...Except maybe, 10th Legion, Empire of the stores, Majority of the cast are descendants of the original Dungeon Siege cast etc. It couldn't possible be MORE build up on previous DS games/lore.

Secondly she says that there are only 6 skills.... while showing off a screenshot that portrays 9. Yeah....

Not to mention that the entire article was in general horrible written.

Edited by C2B

OT: Square Enix E3 2011 portal

EDIT: DS3 Facebook wall

Howdy Folks: E3 is just two weeks away and we're gathering up questions you might have for the dev team at Obsidian. We'll ask them your questions and then post the answers back here. So, if you have any questions about Dungeon Siege III, now's the time to ask! Just reply in in the comments below.
Edited by funcroc

A Japanese game site made a preview of Dungeon Siege III. I was quite surprised to see the articles is quite comprehensive. Guess console RPG is serious market in Japan. When I saw Lucas' face, that baby-face's struck me as a typical protagonist in JRPG, though. There are some comments on the character development system which people here might be interested.

As mentioned in various sources, ability and proficiency are special to each character while talent is more generic. Proficiency is somehow translated into "ability enhancement" probably due to make the function clear, though.

One example of Lucas' abilities: Shield Attack, hit an enemy with shield, give it 20% damage of normal attack while stunning it for 3 seconds. Blade Dash, Dash forward while hitting enemies on the way. Grace of Knight, Entering into rest status, healing 50% of life in 30 seconds.

Also, there seems to be a gauge in each ability which increases when it is used and maximizing it enables something called "power ability." In the case of Anjali, an ability called spinning kick which is kinda area affect close combat attack gains an additional effect of knocking back her targets when mastered. However, triggering power ability requires something called power sphere, which still remains as mystery.

Also, there is an interesting side note. There seems to be another character development factor called bukun, roughly translated as military fame, which can be gained by player choices: how the player dealt with quests such as how a sealed door was passed through, or, a defeated enemy was treated. Sounds like more of role-playing factor but it also seems to give bonus to character status.

There are some mentions about the playablities but I'll omit details here since they can be seen quite many RPGs nowadays such as quest NPC indicators, waypoints and quest logs. The downer, at least, for me is that there is a comment that there are not so many differences on the main story not depending on which character we use.

BTW, one thing which contradicts with info I spotted earlier is that equipment seems to be reflected on the appearance of characters. Check it by your own eyes.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/111/G011172/20...ot.html?num=017

http://www.4gamer.net/games/111/G011172/20...ot.html?num=019

Thank you Wombat. :wacko:

We knew that already though. The "bukun" is called "deeds" in the englisch version. Nathaniel actually explained how the system works. About the charachters the biggest difference are the dialogs (NPCs react differently) that seem to be quite different depending on which charachter you choose. Your not getting a completly different story of course.

Also, there seems to be a gauge in each ability which increases when it is used and maximizing it enables something called "power ability." [...] . However, triggering power ability requires something called power sphere, which still remains as mystery.

It's probably a reference to the enhanced version of each ability. The spheres are the violet orbs that you can see at the bottom of the UI, below the focus bar. I think they're recharged through the use of special abilities.

Also, there seems to be a gauge in each ability which increases when it is used and maximizing it enables something called "power ability." [...] . However, triggering power ability requires something called power sphere, which still remains as mystery.

It's probably a reference to the enhanced version of each ability. The spheres are the violet orbs that you can see at the bottom of the UI, below the focus bar. I think they're recharged through the use of special abilities.

Nope. Look at screens of the ability selection menu, under the description of every ability is a short explanation what the Empowered version of the ability does. You unlock the empowered version by filling up the Mastery gauge by using the given skill x times. Edited by Oner

Nope. Look at screens of the ability selection menu, under the description of every ability is a short explanation what the Empowered version of the ability does. You unlock the empowered version by filling up the Mastery gauge by using the given skill x times.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I was referring to how the orbs were refilled, not how the enhanced ability is 'learned' :) .

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure those two (orb enhanced and empowered abilities) are the same thing. :)

The empowered abilities are powered by the orbs. You gain the ability to use the empowered abilities after using the ability again and again and filling up the bar you mentioned.

When I saw Lucas' face, that baby-face's struck me as a typical protagonist in JRPG, though.

He lacks a pretty-boy quality though, even though he's baby-faced. It's not like Brayko looked like a JRPG protagonist despire being baby-faced.