Ok... where is Worstusernameever?!?

I'm here, I'm here, just rather busy. Quick summary: s'cool, looks open but is linear (they count it as a positive "no backtracking), cool hybrid combat system, dated graphics with interesting art direction.

Excuses, excuses... thanks :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

New screenshots, mostly from the Japanese website I think.

They certainly show a lot of variety in the environments and enemies.

They also look kinda blurry and upscaled, probably from one of the console versions.

Still wish they'd take the screenshots from the top-down view, which is the view the game is meant to be played in anyway (the game visuals really look as they've been thought for that).

Ohhh, shiny! Scary Awesome Bear, yeah for People From The Timeline And Odo's Journal, and does that Armor Look Sick Or What?!? Also, Mammoth, and I want a piece of lore for That Armor that indicates that the woman who first used it was particularly busty, or wanted to look like she was :lol: .

And I still want to know how Anjali's armor is 'pieced' gameplay-wise. We know Lucas (armor, pauldrons, boots and gauntlets), Reinhart (vest, pants, boots and headband) and Katarina (corset, leggings, gloves and hair-clip) but not precisely about Anjali.

Anyways, thanks for those WUE :) .

Edited by Sannom

Does anyone else here have the impression that, for the game that is supposed to mark their first foray into Western RPGs, Square Enix is being kind of... cheap >_< ?

Still, what Georges said about how they worked was really interesting, and I will make sure to make dialogues last as long as possible and read every lore book I can get my hands on!

Does anyone else here have the impression that, for the game that is supposed to mark their first foray into Western RPGs, Square Enix is being kind of... cheap >_< ?

Not.... really. Advertisment on TV, multiple Interviews, multiple Trailers, Comic. Its not as much as they do for Human Revolution but its still a lot.

I think they're also taking it a bit slowly. I'm sure they're aware that Dungeon Siege wasn't really a "omgwtfbbq" franchise in itself. Something like Deus Ex has a much better reputation overall and has also been on the consoles before, I think it has a much bigger chance of becoming a "smash hit" so to speak. The working relationship between SE and OEI seems to have worked smoothly at least.

I'm sure there'll be a decent market push for DS3 before its release though.

I'll definitely be doing as much dialogue stuff, and reading up on lore, as I can when playing the game. That is still partially why I look forward to the game, if it had literally only been a hack'n'slash with minimal story then my interest would've been a great deal lower.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Does anyone else here have the impression that, for the game that is supposed to mark their first foray into Western RPGs, Square Enix is being kind of... cheap :x ?

Not.... really. Advertisment on TV, multiple Interviews, multiple Trailers, Comic. Its not as much as they do for Human Revolution but its still a lot.

TV advertisment? I'm guessing on a US channel?

TV advertisment? I'm guessing on a US channel?

Hmmm... I haven't seen any advertisements for it yet... What networks have they been advertising commercials on? The advertisements for DS3 could be worse, though... Just look at the advertisement for other Sony games, like Planetside... It was so lacking, that the fanbase went on an advertisement campaign just to let people know about their game (if you like FPSes, and have never heard of Planetside, you should check it out... as a warning, though, the game is a bit old). I didn't even know they were making a sequel to Planetside too until I accidentally stumbled upon it while looking for a screenshot to show my brother in law of the original game, heh.

Yes, simple and fun. Not really gameplay though. Also, the words 'enchanted ballistics' made me laugh for some reason :( !

It's too bad that Square apparently won't whip out the CGI for this game, I'm sure one with the four characters fighting back-to-back would be utterly badass!

Edited by Sannom

The teaser trailer was CGI but yeah, that was *extremely* underwhelming. Especially since (if I remember correctly) it came out around the time the Deus Ex CGI trailer also came out, which was pretty bad-ass.

Still, in a way I think more simple trailers is pretty fitting for the game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yes, simple and fun. Not really gameplay though. Also, the words 'enchanted ballistics' made me laugh for some reason :( !

It's too bad that Square apparently won't whip out the CGI for this game, I'm sure one with the four characters fighting back-to-back would be utterly badass!

I'm of the personal opinion that if Square focused less on its CGI department and more strongly on other things everything would be better for them again.

That said that first trailer wasn't made by Square but Outsourced to some other company I think.