While there are no specifics mentioned, Nathan seems confident in the PC control scheme in the AustralianGamer interview. Specifically, mentioning that they're not just "approximating" the way a controller works on the keyboard, but developing a control scheme that makes sense for the PC. Really hope they can come through on that.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

An interview at IGN where they had the readers to ask questions, worth a read: http://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1162321p1.html

On PC functionality:

We've implemented a point and click system and we've been working on tuning that to work well with the gameplay stuff that we've built up, that works fantastically with the gamepad controller, so we've had a large focus on making sure our PC controls were solid. That's actually what we've been for the last bunch of weeks, is hardcore PC focus.
Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Machninima also has a preview/interview video up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TugHmcu6p3M

Edit: Also Youtube still has the worst comments

I cracked up when he said Obsidian is known for coolstories xD Any one remember KOTOR2 (**** this game)? or NWN2? or Fallout New Vegas? id say Obsidian is more known for making sequels that are wayyyyy below the originals quality
sorry but im only going to play diablo 3 only cause of the story line so go futs your self :D
Edited by C2B

Yeah, you can definitely see the mouse cursor there. Hard to tell exactly how it feels to play of course but the player doesn't seem to have any problems controlling it at least.

Nice video, though of familiar areas. Though we get a look at some artwork of Jeyne (I assume that's her at least). And the German voiceovers sound pretty good actually, hehe!

Yeah, you can definitely see the mouse cursor there. Hard to tell exactly how it feels to play of course but the player doesn't seem to have any problems controlling it at least.

Nice video, though of familiar areas. Though we get a look at some artwork of Jeyne (I assume that's her at least). And the German voiceovers sound pretty good actually, hehe!

Was impressed too. I actually prefered German Anjali to the Englisch one.

I think we can figure out the mouse scheme for moving at least. It looks like we will have to hold down something to make the character move forward, while the cursor's position will indicate the direction. I'm betting on a key of the keyboard, it's more comfortable than the mouse and it leaves two buttons ready for attacks. I suppose the attacks and abilities will work the same way.

So, not really 'point & click', more like 'point'.

Also, I think the cursor is obviously not the last version, it's kinda ugly and too small for my tastes.

Edited by Sannom

I think we can figure out the mouse scheme for moving at least. It looks like we will have to hold down something to make the character move forward, while the cursor's position will indicate the direction. I'm betting on a key of the keyboard, it's more comfortable than the mouse and it leaves two buttons ready for attacks. I suppose the attacks and abilities will work the same way.

Also, I think the cursor is obviously not the last version, it's kinda ugly and too small for my tastes.

It wouldn't be more comfortable because you still need your keyboard hand for using ability/stance hotkeys while moving. You can't really map 3 different abilites per stance on a mouse + Attack.

I'd think it just supports holding the mousebutton down for movement.

Edit: Scrap that, I think I get now how you mean it.

Edited by C2B

This is what Nathaniel has to say about the control scheme over at somethingawful:

I'm pretty sure that's a build prior to our recent PC control polish pass. We've made a ton of improvements since then. You do point and click to attack stuff and use abilities, and we have the whole hold shift to attack in place thing that Diablo 2 and Torchlight did.

TBQH I wasn't entirely sure that I'd have an easy time adapting to Mouse and Keyboard for my third playthrough ( first two playthroughs were on 360) but I actually liked it a lot. I think it'll really just be a matter of preference whether it's better to play with mouse and keyboard vs gamepad on PC.

It wouldn't be more comfortable because you still need your keyboard hand for using ability/stance hotkeys while moving. You can't really map 3 different abilites per stance on a mouse + Attack.

I'd think it just supports holding the mousebutton down for movement.

Edit: Scrap that, I think I get now how you mean it.

You can either click once to move to point or click and hold and your character will drive towards the cursor. You can attack enemies by either clicking them, or holding shift and clicking (much like Diablo/Torchlight, Shift is basically the "attack in place button").

You can either click once to move to point or click and hold and your character will drive towards the cursor. You can attack enemies by either clicking them, or holding shift and clicking (much like Diablo/Torchlight, Shift is basically the "attack in place button").

Can you tell us how the abilities are mapped to the mouse & keyboard?

Can you tell us how the abilities are mapped to the mouse & keyboard?

Currently, specials are mapped to RMB, ala Diablo 2, and you can toggle which ability is on RMB with the keyboard or Ctrl+Mousewheel. We are looking at some potential other casting options, too, but no promises on that as of yet. The RMB method works really nicely, actually. In some ways I prefer it to using the abilities on controller ><

Time Extended (fr) hands-on preview

PS Only (nl) hands-on preview

EDIT: GamePro's RPG podcast

For the second segment, PC RPG nut Jason Wilson joins me to chat about the time we've spent with The Witcher 2, Dungeons Siege III and The Elder Scrolls V. Here I must apologize, as there are a couple points where the audio quality dips a bit. I promise that each instance only lasts a couple minutes apiece, but you should be aware...

...50:35 | Western RPGs w/ Jason Wilson

Edited by funcroc

The short gist of the podcast is that the guy found the PC controls hard to use in some cases (he mentions blocking specifically) but it seems the controls weren't completely finished as they were apparently patching in stuff for the preview version. Other than that he mentions that the game is a lot of fun to play, he was playing as Anjali while his buddy uses Lucas. They also mention Mask of the Betrayer and Ziets which is a nice nod and gives them some RPG cred I suppose, hehe.

Hope PC control scheme won't hurt much. For I finished FONV and, wow, there is so much love into this game. I don't know what yous achieved, either, but I'd say grats on the team. Prob I should be more critical to some parts but hard to be so at the moment. Yous make games I like to play and I thank yous for it. :shifty:

I remember the best game mechanic in DS 1 & 2 changing the view in the top or bottom of screen. I don't read new reviews. Will be there in DS 3 this system or we will see static camera setting?

ps. sorry for any english bug...

Edited by faloow PL

I remember the best game mechanic in DS 1 & 2 changing the view in the top or bottom of screen. I don't read new reviews. Will be there in DS 3 this system or we will see static camera setting?

ps. sorry for any english bug...

We don't really know as of yet (Though it would be great if Nathaniel could answer this.) It doesn't help that we have so few footage with mouse control.

Edited by C2B