Reinhart developer walkthrough videos from GT

Looks like a lot of fun to play. Though, damn, Matt certainly goes over things fast for someone who's supposed to explain. :thumbsup:

Also, more worryingly, framerate didn't look so hot in those videos. I think it's one of the console versions.

EDIT: Rewatching the first video I noticed that the GameTrailers lagged too, so I'm not sure anymore if it was the game's framerate or the video's.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

For those that prefer Youtube, I've uploaded them to my channel here. Thanks for posting my videos on the PA forums, C2B. :thumbsup:

Edit: Kudos to the artist that did the effects for Reinhart's attacks. The teal lightning looks great. But I really love the whole black negative energy attack that he does. The look and animation reminds me of paint brush strokes. Looks very cool.

Edited by MechanicalLemon

For those that prefer Youtube, I've uploaded them to my channel here. Thanks for posting my videos on the PA forums, C2B. :thumbsup:

Sorry, should I ask in the future? I thought it would be ok to post em on other sites.

Edited by C2B

Sorry, should I ask in the future?

No worries, man. Just keep doing what you're doing. You are, after all, an Obsidian newsbot. It's your job to post any Obsidian-related news. :D

But seriously, I don't mind at all.

These are great, really hope to see more videos like this if they're gonna show off the other characters as well. Much better in creating an overview of how the game/character plays and I think Matt does a great job of explaining the stuff.

The game looks really nice and a lot of fun to play actually. Think these might've pushed me over the edge to pre-order.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Gah, I read the GT comments. Quick, someone hit me with a shovel!

Reinhart looks interesting (and reminds me of Ezreal from LoL a bit - can he dance the Hare Hare Yukai too :3?), but I think I'll be sticking to Lucas ...or Anjali.

This is how the characters should have been presented in the first place. When I watched the two walkthroughs, I was like: Give it to me now! It perfectly shows you what the character is capable of and shows of the great engine and nice art they have going.

WUE: There were no framerate drops when I wachted the vids. And Being inspired by the NWN2 soundtrack is a good thing in my book. :)

The Gametrailers player have some issues sometimes. I know I don't watch videos in full-screen, they're always choppy for some reason.

Think the soundtrack is mostly similar in that high, female voice singing throughout which is sorta reminiscant of the NWN2 theme. Never found the vanilla NWN2 tracks particularly good though (there were one or two exceptions) so I hope DS3 is a lot better overall.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Reinhart is also awesome because each time I see his name, it will remind me of Django Reinhardt.

He should have an acoustic guitar as a weapon.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thanks for the video clips. Game-play seems to be solid enough and pretty intuitive, too. :)

However, as for immediate purchse, I wonder. I waited for core i series gets mature and, when I finally began to play FONV on my Sandy Bridge machine, its like where are bugs people mentioned. Now that purchase as a vote doesn't work considering my particular tastes and the size of the market. In fact, it makes less sense for me to be eager for the info on titles before their releases especially when I can be spoiled occasionally. In any case, I'm still playing FONV and won't have time for this one and the Witcher 2 for a while. :)

Probably not a day-1 purchase from me, as I'm not too pleased with the trend of merging twitch-gaming with stats (the two are at cross-purposes in almost all cases), but it does look interesting. Reinhart certainly looks like a more interesting/difficult character than the others I've seen.

The art direction is fantastic - that entropic magic looks great.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Also, I'm curious about the use for the violet orbs. I thought they gave access to souped-up versions of the abilities, but apparently they're used to cast the abilities from the defensive stance. Could Nathaniel or someone else pass by and clarify bits a little?

Also, I'm curious about the use for the violet orbs. I thought they gave access to souped-up versions of the abilities, but apparently they're used to cast the abilities from the defensive stance. Could Nathaniel or someone else pass by and clarify bits a little?

Here's the full shpiel:

Power orbs are built by 1) taking damage 2) blocking damage 3) using special abilities.

You can spend power orbs in 3 ways:

1) Using an empowered attack. On 360, for instance, RT+A will do a special attack that drains a power orb and is generally very powerful, and knocks enemies down.

2) Using an empowered ability. If you hold RT + <special ability button> it will do an empowered version of that special. But, in order to do that, you first have to Master the ability by using it a number of times. Once you've mastered the ability, you can use the empowered version of it. Some of the empowered versions are just beefed up versions of the base ability (For instance, Empowered Shield Pummel for Lucas knocks down a group of enemies in a cone in front of him vs. standard Shield Pummel, which only knocks down one). But, some are extra special. For instance, Anjali's empowered Summon Jackal detonates her Jackal in an AoE explosion that deals heavy damage and knocks down.

3) Using a defensive ability. All defensive abilities cost 1 power orb and are buffs that last 30 seconds. If you master a defensive ability, you earn the empowered version (like with standard abilities). If you empower a defensive ability, it costs 2 power orbs and the buff is applied to the whole party. Yes, this means that a full party can stack their defensives on top of each other. Yes, that is a fun thing to do in co-op :lol: