In UK, internet watches YOU

Walsingham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news...t-wiretaps.html

1. I think this story deserves to run. **** BT. I'm switching as soon as I have time to organise the move next week. Tell your friends, fellow Britons.

2. Thought this was nicely illustrative of a point I've made before that big corporations can violate your rights and freedoms just as much as governments. In fact, more so, it would seem, since they aren't being held accountable due to the fact that the CPS don't think they can beat BTs lawyers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This is why government should regulate business and the markets, rather than shouting and screaming about debt and the previous government in the current case, or talking about the importance of strong business waffle as in the previous.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I'd chip in a contribution to a private prosecution because that's frickin' outrageous.

You know that's not a bad idea. I'll ask around.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd chip in a contribution to a private prosecution because that's frickin' outrageous.

mhhm you still be up against rich corporation with more resources than you and an expert team of lawyers. Counting with the chance that you may be able to go through with it, there is still the chance that they may win.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

mhhm you still be up against rich corporation with more resources than you and an expert team of lawyers. Counting with the chance that you may be able to go through with it, there is still the chance that they may win.

That's an appallingly defeatist attitude. Are you really advocating rolling over any time any corporation ****s you sideways? I assume not.

It is well worth checking to see if a punitive suit could be brought. And as I say I shall ask around.

-Elwood Blues

That's an appallingly defeatist attitude. Are you really advocating rolling over any time any corporation ****s you sideways? I assume not.

It is well worth checking to see if a punitive suit could be brought. And as I say I shall ask around.

Just though that you needed a refreshment on what you're facing. If we never hear from you again I will know that the big evil corporations have sent hitmen after you.

I expect that you kill them otherwise I might lose my respect for you :)

Seriously though, I hope that you can keep this level of bravado once the half mark is past.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

On the contrary. I've done work in the past with consortia of legal aspirants. It's a fun business, provided you abandon the childish notion that strength of logic defines strength of case. It's a war, and defined as much by tactical nous as strategic weight.

-Elwood Blues