Miss you guys

Korgana

I hope some of you people are left from the Black Isle days, if not sorry to bug. Black Isle actually is what got me back into gaming after a hiatus after the "White Box" games. Are Bishop and Fergus still there? If so Hi!

White Box games? What are those? I got stuck in the realm of RPG's after experiencing the Gold Box games myself.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

White Box games? What are those? I got stuck in the realm of RPG's after experiencing the Gold Box games myself.

Yeah, must be something us part time geeks missed... Seriously though, its gold box isn't it.

Also, don't remember person from black isle days.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

White box is obviously a racist gold box.

Then what is a Black Box?

A flight recorder in a plane? An event recorder in a locomotive?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It could be some sort of revolting salted licorice collection?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Look up salmiakki for all your salted licorice needs, also makes for interesting ****tails.

I thought Black Box was Valve's cancelled companion to the Orange Box, reported to contain only Episode II, Team Fortress II and Portal and be cheaper than the all-inclusive Orange Box.

And hey, I was at the BIS boards as well, but I was a relative newcomer.

the plebeian crpg fans with no sense o' history or pov would fail to recognize white box is original d&d rules.... though Gromnir had the wood-grain version.

bishop/sawyer still posts, if a little less often. fergie almost never posts.

war never changes?

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the plebeian crpg fans with no sense o' history or pov would fail to recognize white box is original d&d rules.... though Gromnir had the wood-grain version.

war never changes?

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Isn't GoldBox original D&D rules though? My first D&D set was the red boxed set (and red books), but that would have been 83-84' or so, not before (I think). Though I remember playing D&D in the 70's (not the color of the books though :ermm:)

Edited by Gizmo

war never changes?

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Isn't GoldBox original D&D rules though? My first D&D set was the red boxed set (and red books), but that would have been 83-84' or so, not before (I think). Though I remember playing D&D in the 70's (not the color of the books though :))

gold box refers to the ssi crpg stuff.

the red (basic) blue (expert) came along some number o' years after the original d&d rules were released in 1974. for some obscure reason we never could figure out, the original d&d rules is often misidentified as white-box d&d, 'cause in 1976 the rules were released in a white box. the actual original rules were released a couple years earlier and had hobbits 'stead o' halflings.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

gold box refers to the ssi crpg stuff.
Yeah... I was not at all clear (the way I wrote it)...but I only meant that the SSI games used the early D&D rules, (not a 'gold box' D&D set ~though... the Immortals books were gold, come to think of it :) ).

the red (basic) blue (expert) came along some number o' years after the original d&d rules were released in 1974. for some obscure reason we never could figure out, the original d&d rules is often misidentified as white-box d&d, 'cause in 1976 the rules were released in a white box. the actual original rules were released a couple years earlier and had hobbits 'stead o' halflings.

HA! Good Fun!

That's pretty cool to know; and understandable about the Hobbits.