Just read this is getting delayed until about the 17th of June. All i can say is i hope that its to tweak the Co-op, i've always enjoyed the other DS's and really hoping that the local coop is something complelty different then the coop over LIVE.

This... is really good news. =) Hell, they can take all the time they want on the game as far as I'm concerned. Just the fact that multiplayer progress will be saved is awesome news to hear, even if it is limited to a multiplayer character (after all, the first two games had multiplayer only characters too).

Good news that they finally realized that the co-op was a terrible idea, but now the fix is still not what we want. Obsidian has a giant boner for the story they wrote and won't let us have created characters. At the very least we need to be able to play 2 versions or more of the same character in multiplayer.

There will be so many issues where there will be too many people wanting to play character (x) but can't get in a game because there not enough people playing character (y).

Single player and couch co-op is the place for story line, but in multiplayer it shouldn't matter. Everyone can run single player at their own pace and go through the story however they want, but let us just get to the "gameplay" in multiplayer.

Good news that they finally realized that the co-op was a terrible idea, but now the fix is still not what we want. Obsidian has a giant boner for the story they wrote and won't let us have created characters. At the very least we need to be able to play 2 versions or more of the same character in multiplayer.

No, actually. If Borderlands taught anything is that 4 times the same charachter isn't always that good an idea.

No, actually. If Borderlands taught anything is that 4 times the same charachter isn't always that good an idea.

Yeah and not being able to find a multiplayer game is going to be better.

Eh... I disagree. I didn't have that experience playing borderlands you did, but if I did that would speak more of the balancing of the game than the option to pick a character you wanted from a limited list. As an example, look at Diablo 2. In the beginning, before it was balanced (more or less) everyone played only 2 classes. Now in a full game it's rare to see less than 4 different classes. Choice is never a bad thing... Poor design is. =P

Just because the article is a little over a month old doesn't make it any less possible that it could be the reason for the delay.

Sure, but it definitely doesn't make it any more likely. THe destructoid article has nothing to do about the delay unless other information suggests so.

Anyway, I'm fine with delay, anything to make the game better.

Just because the article is a little over a month old doesn't make it any less possible that it could be the reason for the delay.

Sure, but it definitely doesn't make it any more likely. THe destructoid article has nothing to do about the delay unless other information suggests so.

I am 100% on it. I actually pleaded in a forum a couple months ago for them to delay it and fix the co-op. Maybe they actually read this boards :ermm:)

I am 100% on it. I actually pleaded in a forum a couple months ago for them to delay it and fix the co-op. Maybe they actually read this boards :verymad:)

As of today it won't be out until the 21st for NA.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/07/dungeon-...-in-na-june-17/

Edited by pacific1990

I am 100% on it. I actually pleaded in a forum a couple months ago for them to delay it and fix the co-op. Maybe they actually read this boards :verymad:)

Please don't feel so entitled. If the reason for the delay IS the co-op we'll see. But even then. Don't act like it was because of you.

Please don't feel so entitled. If the reason for the delay IS the co-op we'll see. But even then. Don't act like it was because of you.

...But what if it was? =O

...But what if it was? =O

It wasn't.

Also, I sincerly hope this delay is for polish and not co-op.

Because

At best it will be poorly implented and mostly useless

At worst (which I suspect since the game was clearly designed with current co-op in mind) it will break **** en masse.

Bit disappointed in the delay, but if it makes the game better I'll be happy in the end.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'd much rather the game is delayed and there is more time for ironing out the last kinks and proper time for QA than have the game a few weeks (or months) earlier but have to deal with more bugs/glitches/whatnot. Besides, Obsidian could do with a game that is stable and mostly bug-free. It'd be good for their reputation, and good for us as customers.

I am 100% on it. I actually pleaded in a forum a couple months ago for them to delay it and fix the co-op. Maybe they actually read this boards :))

Dude seriously, take a second... breath deep...

Every time I post anything on this forum you troll on it so hard. I was just saying that I had at one time wished they would make changes to co-op, and now they are. I'm happy. I never once stated that it was because of me, or any of it was my doing.

I am 100% on it. I actually pleaded in a forum a couple months ago for them to delay it and fix the co-op. Maybe they actually read this boards :))

Dude seriously, take a second... breath deep...

Every time I post anything on this forum you troll on it so hard. I was just saying that I had at one time wished they would make changes to co-op, and now they are. I'm happy. I never once stated that it was because of me, or any of it was my doing.

Maybe they actually read their boards

You sure as hell implied it.

Edit: Anyway, we'll see. May have written that out of troll.

Edited by Gfted1
Language.

Whatever the reason, its a somewhat good sign, the fact that the coop caught so much flak had to play a part in something for them...Dont get me wrong, i love dungeon crawlers, but its one of the games i dont enjoy by myself...and even if its just a polish on the over all game, i like to think that a decent company these days knows how to make a good multiplayer exerpenice.

Chill, people.

Obs devs do read some/most of the boards, but I'm sure there were a variety of reasons.

Now, if they didn't plan to have full MP other than coop, I doubt a month will change much. Putting in multiplayer is a lot of work. It's not just adjusting the game itself - it's the servers, the front-end for matchmaking, etc, and requires a lot more than devs just doing a 'bit more work'. It's a different beast.

To be honest I'd be perfectly happy with a very good polished SP & coop experience. There are other games out there (Torchlight, D3, etc) that do/will do the classic MP thing very well. There are pretty much no good coop RPGs out there at the moment and I much prefer that DS3 fill this gap.