HBO's Game of Thrones

MechanicalLemon

Missed some of tonight's episode, I'll catch it later.

But I loved the look on Tyrion's face when he beheld all those jars of wildfire or whatever it was.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I watched the first four episodes on the plane ride home yesterday. They have wandered a little from the books but it is working really well. That guy playing Joffrey is not getting enough credit. It tales real talent to be so unlikable and pull it off so well.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They dwelled a little too long on the king doing his SM thing with the hookers. It got pervy and uncomfortable to watch.

I thought it was maybe to highlight the difference between Joffrey and normal teenage boys. A normal male teenager would dream of having two young women in his bed, whereas it showed Joffrey to be a downright psychopath. Although disturbing, the scene showed this very well.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Another good episode. Wasn't really feeling the first few episodes of the season though it's moving along really nicely now. Ygritte was well cast I thought. Which makes me wonder what they were thinking when they cast Asha. I may be misremembering, but while there are certainly girls in the books which are described as being not too beautiful, I seem to remember Asha not being one of them. And well... in the TV-series, she looks rather ghoul-ish I think.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The bit where they tore someone's arm off looked so silly I thought. I mean, I guess they had a sword handy in there but the way it was filmed it looked like the angry peasant literally pulled the arm off with their superhuman peasant-mob strength and then showed it off triumphantly.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I don't understand why they replaced Jeyne Westerling with that 'exotic beauty'. It doesn't make sense, and it hardly makes what was in the books any more interesting.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I don't understand why they replaced Jeyne Westerling with that 'exotic beauty'. It doesn't make sense, and it hardly makes what was in the books any more interesting.

Yeah, I agree, the way they are going with this does not make sense. The whole deal with Robb being set up to fall for Jeyne Westerling was a plot by Tywin Lannister, and a really good one at that. The way they are going about it will likely screw that up.

Come to that they appear to be about to screw up Jon's story line too. Is it just me of the TV Jon sort of an idiot, where the book Jon was more pragmatic?

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Time to shelf this series and wait untill there is a complete season to watch. My attention span can't manage waiting a whole week for another episode.

I reached that point last week (didn't watch). Thought about watching this week but nah. Hubs, however, continues to watch....largely because there's nothing else on.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

Did.. Tyrion just die? Don't tell me Tyrion died. They can't possibly cut Dinklage from Game of Thrones.

If so, they'd better end it with season 2, because I'm not gonna keep watching it without Dinklage and Sean Bean.

I must say the Battle of Blackwater was suitably epic. Smaller in scale than the book true but quite well done for a TV show with a budget.

I've got to say though, they are moving towards tangling some plot lines in such a way they can't be fixed.

Roose Bolton never took Harrenhall, so he won't meet with the Lannisters and plan the Red Wedding. And he has to be the one considering how event shake out in DoD. Also, Rhegar and the effect his death had on history has never been addressed so when the time comes to to reveal that Jon is his son it's going to come off as a cheap trick. Robs marriage to Jeyne Westerling was a trap set by Tywin Lannister to break off the Freys from the Starks. Beric Dondarrion has not been mentioned this season and he plays a pretty big role in events.

Don't get me wrong, I like what they are doing even when the vary from the book but some plot threads can't be broken and still have the same story.

Thomas Sowell

To be fair they've been foreshadowing it since the first scene of the series, especially the last couple of episodes with Jon Snow's snowy scenes in the snow.

Also, this just reminded me of a scientific article about why a zombie outbreak would quickly fail. Apparently zombies can't handle the cold so it looks like

Westeros will be fine after all

Edited by Serrano

To be fair they've been foreshadowing it since the first scene of the series, especially the last couple of episodes with Jon Snow's snowy scenes in the snow.

Also, this just reminded me of a scientific article about why a zombie outbreak would quickly fail. Apparently zombies can't handle the cold so it looks like

Westeros will be fine after all

wont the maggots who eat the zombies turn into zombie maggots, and indeed zombie flies. That would increase dispersal beyond anything we could handle, assuming the flies didn't have to actually bite you to transmit. Flies regurgitate their food, it's how they digest. A little scrape combined with a zombie fly and you would be turned in short order. Once zomnbie flies they would also lose interest in the already infected. Zombies only eat the living. Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.