HBO's Game of Thrones

MechanicalLemon

oh i have no problem with Ned, i just don't see why people make such a big fuss about him

maybe it's because they think he was the main character in the story, when in fact he was a very minor one

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i really don't see the big deal with Sean Bean being gone

his character fulfilled his role in the overall story and as far as being an interesting actor to watch.... well he isn't

he pretty much always plays the same type of character, so Ned Stark was nothing new

It's Boromir man. His credit that the first LotR movie turned out as well as it did. I kinda lost interest in that series as well with him out of it. Not sure why, but the rest was just... not as good. Probably not attributed to lack of Sean Bean, but true nonetheless.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I might watch season 2 when it's all available, but it's not interesting enough with Bean gone to try to keep up on a week to week basis.

The next two books are much more interesting than the first one. So I anticipate the next 2 seasons being much more interesting as well.

Not how I pictured Stannis at all. Actually the dude playing Davos is more how I pictured Stannis.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is it true they are dropping Crasters part all together? HBO objected to the child sacrifice and copious inbreeding I heard?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Dunno about Craster, but since they're only going to have 10 eps per season, they're going to have to ax a lot of stuff or spread one book over more than one season. Which they don't seem to be doing, since GRRM wrote an ep for season2 that happens in late book 2.

Is it true they are dropping Crasters part all together? HBO objected to the child sacrifice and copious inbreeding I heard?

Thats kind of disappointing. I liked that he disgusted everyone from the wall but because he was the only one north of the wall loyal to them they put up with it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On the plus side, I see Shadowstrider still lives. Haven't seen you in ages.

I have fused with video games. We are one.

In other news, I said 'eff it' and paid a shady guy in DC, he hooked me up with some Game of Thrones disks, and I have to say I really like the show. Better than the books in a lot of ways.

Blasphemy!

Oh, well let me provide you with an example.

During episode [redacted], while [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], and [redacted] go to that bridge, where all the [redacted] are on the [redacted]. I don't remember that scene from the books, but I thought it provided a great deal of insight into the characters that I thought had been missing from prior episodes. Plus, I really like the way Baelish is depicted in the show, almost perfect.

The largest complaint I have with the series is Daenerys. Isn't she supposed to be like 13 at the start of the book, and 14 or 15 when she comes to term? One of the reasons I found the character believable in the books was she seemed like a fairly believable depiction of a blooming, rebellious teenager clumsily coming into her... maturity. It's a little bit harder for me to swallow when the actress is an adult. I can understand the practicality; it would obviously be more controversial if Drogo was taking a teenager to town, and obviously the nudity would be no bueno. I'm purely speaking from a character development perspective.

http://eztv.it/tvnews/5808/true-blood-crea...nes-casts-four/

Well, Craster has been cast so I guess he's in.

And so is Gilly. It's pretty funny how people are going crazy on different message boards since they haven't announced every damn cast member yet...

"OMG they are cutting the Reeds, Tullys etc..."

Hate the living, love the dead.

• 6 months later...

My DVR is primed and ready!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh good....since I'm not into Mad Men, this means I'll have something new for my Sunday evening slot. The 1st season didn't make me drool fangirl spit or anything, but it was very watchable, so I'll give season2 a whirl.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

From someone who (still) hasn't read the 2nd book ... that wasn't bad. A good set-up episode I suppose. Cast is still top notch. I miss Sean Bean tho. ;)

Strange how I liked the political intrigue in Rome, but in this series some of it falls a little flat for me. Oh well, probably just what one is in to, period wise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Promising first episode!

"The night is dark and full of terrors old man, but the fire burns them all away.."

Looking forward to Melisandre weaving her magic. There's something Thulsa Doomish about her. :)

Should've been a double episode.

J.

Oh man, that was so good. A few thoughts:

-Ser Dontos, the drunk knight during the tourney, looked a lot like Captain America

-I didn't think I could hate Craster even more than I already did

-Minor quibble but Ned's letter actually never reaches Stannis in the first place. Stannis already knew about the incest before anyone else.

-I suppose it's unavoidable in a book-to-TV adaptation but I wish they could have spent a bit more time with Maester Cressen. In the books, it goes in-depth into his relationship with Stannis and the other Baratheon brothers. Knowing that and his motives for killing Melisandre makes his death a lot more meaningful, imo.

-Melisandre totally nailed the "beautiful but sinister" vibe I got from the books. The pics HBO released of her didn't do her justice. :wub:

-Didn't see too much of Davos although I don't think he'll disappoint

-Loved that shot of Grey Wind

-The hunt for Robert's bastards at the end was really done well

-Joffrey continues to be one of the most hateable characters ever

Edited by MechanicalLemon