Limited Edition compatability?

Well, I've finally decided to preorder DS3, but being that I am a fan of the franchise I was thinking about getting the limited edition (seeing as how it has two extra shiny things that the regular preorder doesn't). I've noticed that some games have region restrictions, and some don't... Does anyone know if this game will have region restrictions? Also, even if it didn't have restrictions would there be any compatibility issues in trying to play the game over Xbox Live with friends who bought the normal American version (I'm assuming they are different, heh)? =P

Hmmm... On a side note, if you folks have checked out the English Dungeon Siege website, the preorder items listed there actually have listed statistical values. I wonder why they didn't do that for the American website? =P

I don't think there will be compatibility issues of any kind. Don't see why there would be.

And yeah, the US gets the short end of the stick for those limited editions (except Wallmart) : they only have two bonus objects, Europe has four.

Well, I've finally decided to preorder DS3, but being that I am a fan of the franchise I was thinking about getting the limited edition (seeing as how it has two extra shiny things that the regular preorder doesn't). I've noticed that some games have region restrictions, and some don't... Does anyone know if this game will have region restrictions? Also, even if it didn't have restrictions would there be any compatibility issues in trying to play the game over Xbox Live with friends who bought the normal American version (I'm assuming they are different, heh)? =P

Hmmm... On a side note, if you folks have checked out the English Dungeon Siege website, the preorder items listed there actually have listed statistical values. I wonder why they didn't do that for the American website? =P

What limited ed.?

What limited ed.?

Europeans have access to a limited edition game that us folks in the US can't get in stores. I figure that I might be able to order it online and get it that way, but I don't know if it would be compatible with a US XBOX. Some games can be played on any XBOX system around the world, and some are only limited to 1 region. I was just wondering what region restrictions this game might have... A developer's comment might be nice. =)

What limited ed.?

Europeans have access to a limited edition game that us folks in the US can't get in stores. I figure that I might be able to order it online and get it that way, but I don't know if it would be compatible with a US XBOX. Some games can be played on any XBOX system around the world, and some are only limited to 1 region. I was just wondering what region restrictions this game might have... A developer's comment might be nice. =)

Oh sorry. I thought someone was saying a US version had been released. And it's not just "us folks in the the US can't get". It's also us folks that order from the US. :) Hm just checking the local games store ... They're now offering the limited edition but not the regular. Comes with 4 unique items:

[*]Burning Brand of Scorch

Ring of Fire [+6] and Strength [+2]

Increases the raw damage of your attacks and gives all of your weapons a chance to set your target ablaze.

[*]Bite of Arakun

Ring of Poison [+12] & Withering [+2]

Gives all of your weapons a chance to poison your target with lingering injury or soften their defenses, leaving them vulnerable for follow-up attacks.

[*]Talisman of the Grand Mage

Amulet of Retribution [+8] and Armor [+8]

Reduces incoming damage on the bearer and has a chance to lash out with a mystical attack that injures close combat attackers.

[*]Sacred Heart of the Legion

Amulet with Warding [+2] and Stamina [+2]

Increases the wearer

Thanks for the detailed reply. =)

No worries. Just put it down to me doing my civic duty, boredom, being in the wrong field (information) ... :w00t:

Found some further info if it's of interest to any Americans desperate for the Limited Edition\people looking for the cheapest Ltd Ed.

You can buy it through http://www.fishpond.com.au/Games/Dungeon-S...M/5021290048010 AU$69.97 (~US$72.19)

International shipping to US & Canada AU$11.68 + AU$3.86 per item

OR

http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Games/Dungeon-Si...M/5021290048010 NZ$114 (~US$87.71)

International shipping to US & Canada NZ$14.95 + NZ$4.95 per item

Amazon UK might be the cheapest option of course =>