The Witcher 2

I don't have a widescreen monitor because I fear that the screen width on older games could become ****ed up / stretched and I play more old games than new games anyway.

That's a valid fear, my old Samsung had an issue where it would always stretch any screen to the full width, no matter what the settings were. Happily my new one is better in this way, and I assume it's related to its TV pedigree (necessity of handling 4:3 broadcasts).

*only now notices he typo'd use as sue*

Yeah, got 1920x1080 too (although a real PC monitor). They don't even sell 4:3 monitors here anymore.

Think that, if it gives you comfort. :thumbsup:

While I do realise that the concept of gaming on a TV is abhorrent to a lot of PC gamers, they do roll of the same assembly line, generally. The Samsung model I use starts out as a tv with digital cable and terrestrial tuners and audio, and strips out features until it reaches the model I have, dvi-d+hdcp. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Some people are even still using old CRT's and I don't understand what the problem is with that. It's not like it is slowing the game industry down or anything.

Nothing.

But pmp10 was claiming that you people getting 'black bars' was a major catastophe of some sorts.

I was just wondering if there are people who have a Witcher II proof rig and still no widescreen...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Guest Slinky
Some people are even still using old CRT's and I don't understand what the problem is with that. It's not like it is slowing the game industry down or anything.

Nothing.

But pmp10 was claiming that you people getting 'black bars' was a major catastophe of some sorts.

I was just wondering if there are people who have a Witcher II proof rig and still no widescreen...

Yes there are, well at least me :thumbsup:

And those black bars annoy me too A LOT. Funny how something so "small" can be so irritating, but they wont stop me getting Witcher 2 on day one.

I preordered, but I probably won't play until I get my shiny new PC in the next couple of months.

Same situation with me. Well barring me doing the mother of all impulse buys tonight or something. As for Triss on the Polish Playboy, well, that's a bit strange to me really. Might lose customers due to such a misogynist practice. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was just told, The Witcher has sold one and a half BILLION copies. can't believe that's true...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I was just told, The Witcher has sold one and a half BILLION copies. can't believe that's true...

Was the person telling you that high ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, obviously the PC-exclusive Witcher sold 100 times more than CodBlops did on all the platforms Bobby K can think of. Hadn't you heard?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

M is kinda close to B, though. I think that's true.