The Witcher 2

I ended up with a gig of DX saves. While I overdid it, I guess the way they did the saves just made it worse.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think it was the first game's quicksave feature that didn't distinguish between quicksaves and regular saves and used a new slot every time? Swamped my SSD full of hundreds of saved games. :lol:

Oh dear God, now you're making me relive that :( and I also had the Tages crashing with the video card every hour or so. The horror.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guest Slinky
Considering TW1's penchant for crashing, it's for the better that saves aren't automatically overwritten. If the game crashes while saving, you'd lose the savegame and all your progress.

?

Two full playthroughs and I can't remember a single crash. It might have crashed couple times, but if it did, it was so rare I really don't remember it. Then again, I played it only when it was already gotten the last patch, so I don't know how it was before. Or was I just lucky?

Probably.

I've had it crash several times with 1.5 (never had lower, got EE version some time ago)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Only got one crash, so to speak, black screen when entering a crypt at the end of the game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It crashed occaisionally for me, both the regular and EE. Not nearly so much as other games such as Fallout 3 though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

My saved games directory for TW1 was 12 GB I **** you not. After I suffered some early crashes I got into the habbit of quicksaving every other minute it seems. The only reason that I noticed the large save game folder was that I was trying to figure out why it took 4 minutes to load the game.

Apparently the game will support only 16:9 aspect ratio.

Other resolutions will get black bars.

Anyone else find it hilarious that after all the emphasis CDP placed on graphics and supporting the PC platform they messed up something so simple?

Edited by pmp10

Not a significant deal for me, but I guess some people might complain.

Anyone else find it hilarious that after all the emphasis CDP placed on graphics and supporting the PC platform they messed up something so simple?

They've updated their FAQ. It says the game supports 16:9, 16:10, and 4:3.

They've updated their FAQ. It says the game supports 16:9, 16:10, and 4:3.

Yes.

Native, non-native and letterbox respectively.

People still sue 4:3 monitors these days? :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I preordered on gog months ago. There is no good reason to get TW2 any other way unless you have some kind of special arrangement.

It seems you can predownload a week early, you get a free GOG game and other stuff, and most importantly, no DRM. Non-GOG versions feature securom - a very light version (one-time online identification), but still.

It seems you can predownload a week early, you get a free GOG game and other stuff, and most importantly, no DRM. Non-GOG versions feature securom - a very light version (one-time online identification), but still.

Yeah you can pre-download the game (if you pre-order) on GOG on May 10th. Then just dl the small remaining bits on the 11th. And their no DRM policy is awesome. It's the only reason I bought (and I still own the original) IWD, because the original CD's have the horrifying Stardock DRM D:

I preordered on gog months ago. There is no good reason to get TW2 any other way unless you have some kind of special arrangement.

Well there is one reason, if you happen to want a lifesize Geralt head.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I bet that a lifesized Triss boobs statue would sell better. Especially after the last screens of her being topless got public.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

People still sue 4:3 monitors these days? :thumbsup:

Hopefully not. I assume there are a lot more 16:10s around, in fact I'd assume that most of the high-end screens are. I use mostly just stripped down samsung lcd tvs as displays, so I tend to peak out at 16:9 1920x1080, so can't say for sure.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

*only now notices he typo'd use as sue*

Yeah, got 1920x1080 too (although a real PC monitor). They don't even sell 4:3 monitors here anymore.

^

Guest Slinky
People still sue 4:3 monitors these days? :thumbsup:

Hopefully not.

I am! Hopefully that makes your life a little bit harder, ha!

Some people are even still using old CRT's and I don't understand what the problem is with that. It's not like it is slowing the game industry down or anything.

I don't have a widescreen monitor because I fear that the screen width on older games could become ****ed up / stretched and I play more old games than new games anyway.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."