The Witcher 2

The other problem was the shallow combat. With the stances and the different signs CDProjekt could have designed a really interesting combat system, but instead they went for the simplest, most boring system ever which was made worse by the almost complete lack of challenge. This is somewhat mitigated in the first few hours of the game, if you play on hard, but it

I agree with you (and others) who accuse the game of simplistic combat, but eh, its an rpg. Rpgs rarely have good combat, which is understandable since combat is usually only one aspect of the gameplay.

For a shooter or a tactical combat game then, yes, combat better be good. But there've been plenty of solid rpgs from Bloodlines to FO3 that had pretty terrible combat but were still fun to play.

So, while I see the point, I also don't see the point. If you see what I mean. :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"Rpgs rarely have good combat,"

False. The best combat is usually found in RPGs.

IE games, GB games, FO, NWN series, JE, ME series, DA series , FF series (depending which one), ARC, TOEE amongst a host of other RPGs are eaisly amongst the best games in terms of contest.

LMAO RPGs have 'bad combat' is just a silly concept that has no basis in reality.

Most shooters and 'tatical' games have crappy combat. This is simply fact. one dimensional trash. If I want to play good combat I'll likely pick up a RPG NOT a shooter.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

1. I said most 'shooters' have bad combat.

2. ME series is not a shooter. It's an action RPG.

:(

ObviousTroll1.jpg

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

While I disagree that RPG's have the best combat (in my opinion that would be FPS, Third Person Shooters...and DEFINATELY the fighting games like Street Fighter IV) the ME series, inclusive of ME2 still counts as an RPG.

Edited by greylord

No.

It's filler till the talking and questing starts.

Unless you play Diablo or something of course.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

No.

Must really eplain the success of RPGs like POR and the rest of the GB games. or the IWD series.None of which were focused on story or dialogue (though IWD's writing and storyw as solid nontheless). people enjoyed the GB games because they enjoyed beating the **** out of a dozen beholders and dragons at onmce. R00fles!

LONG LIVE RPG COMBAT! DEATH TO SHOOTER COMBAT!

No.

RPG combat is awesome.

Also, even if it is 'bad' (which it isn't) how does that make it 'redundant' or 'goofy'? L0LZ

lol@even if it is bad.. you're pretty much admitting that in large part it sucks. If it doesn't suck then why has the ME franchise tried to copy shooter combat, while not ultimately succeeding, it's better than most other RPG games as far as combat is concerned but the straight up shooter mechanics aren't as good as straight up shooters.

NWN2 combat is absolutely hideous - a game which I'm trying to play right now, but the combat is so boring that I don't know if I'll be able to manage.

FPS and games like Ninja Gaiden are strictly combat games of which if the combat fails, then the whole game fails. RPG combat has been borrowing from action/FPS games in recent times because the RPG combat system is so dated and boring that it needs to borrow from other genres to be a success on consoles. RPG combat can fail to a degree and be overlooked since the game offers more than just combat.

"lol@even if it is bad.. you're pretty much admitting that in large part it sucks.":

You obviously don't know how to read and just make ASSumptions.

Again, RPG combat is awesome and sueprior to shooter or action combat the vast majority of the time.NWN2 combat may not be the best but it surely beats ninja gaiden combat.

Also, again, people liek you seem to like to ignore RPGs like the Gb games, M&M, Wizardry, and the IWDs which are all about the combat for the most part. Epic fail. Those games basically live and ie based on their combat.

"lol@even if it is bad.. you're pretty much admitting that in large part it sucks.":

You obviously don't know how to read and just make ASSumptions.

Again, RPG combat is awesome and sueprior to shooter or action combat the vast majority of the time.NWN2 combat may not be the best but it surely beats ninja gaiden combat.

Also, again, people liek you seem to like to ignore RPGs like the Gb games, M&M, Wizardry, and the IWDs which are all about the combat for the most part. Epic fail. Those games basically live and ie based on their combat.

lemme pull a you.. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

No. R00FLZ LOLZ

Witcher 2 is going to be good, btw.

Arguing with Volourn is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer: something that one should never ever do.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"Witcher 2 is going to be good, btw. "

Maybe, but I won't be finding out until it's onnmajor discount if at all. Blame that on the suckiness of W1.

"It beats ninja gaiden combat? Now Volo why did you have to say that? You're just no fun anymore, you're way too obvious now."

Don't be so butthurt over someone else having a differing opinion on what makes good combat. I'd rather have awesome combat like FO, POR, or BG2 than Ninja Gaiden (which is alright but not as awesome as the other 3 I mentioned).

In other news, lobster is better than grapes.

:lol:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

There's an awesome dragon in The Witcher 2.

36488637.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Nope, mentioned in one of the previews, Gamespot's I believe. Damn dragons.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"In other news, lobster is better than grapes."

Please don't cheat the system. Very rude.

Let's be clear about one thing - lobster, by its very nature, is absolutely disgusting!