My thoughts about Dungeon Siege 3

Lately, every released game makes some people rage about it because of whatever reasons.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Did you even play the demo yet? Whats your thoughts about it? I think they totally ****ED this game up. Now I dont even have a dungeon crawler to play till Diablo 3. Well, actually I do, but I was seriously looking forward to this game. Its sad what they did to this game.

Yep. I liked the demo. I've actually been wanting a game with gameplay like this for a while (only other game I know that has this DMC-Diablo mix is Silver). Is it a good sequel? I wouldn't know ("What is a real sequel?" is a question right up there with "What is an RPG?"). I've had fun with DS2, despite what detractors may have said, now I'm going to have fun with DS3, despite what the detractors say. :lol:

Controls needed some time to get used to, but after the second playthrough, there are no problems any more.

It could be said that Fallout 3 enraged a lot more hardcore fans than New Vegas did. In fact, as someone said above, it was quite well received by the hardcore Fallout fans.

Good old hypocrisy.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guys, I just meation that fallout vegas raged some people, from reading online before, i know alot of people were pissed off about some of the bugs, and i do know a lot of the updates that came out, were to fix a lot of the bugs. ****, how does a company release a game with that many bugs... for real.

OBSIDIAN YOU TOTALLY ****ED UP THE DUNGEON SIEGE NAME NOW.
Why, did they make a typo or something?

Did you even play the demo yet? Whats your thoughts about it? I think they totally ****ED this game up. Now I dont even have a dungeon crawler to play till Diablo 3. Well, actually I do, but I was seriously looking forward to this game. Its sad what they did to this game.

LOTR war in the north......just wait for that. Full 3 player co-op campaign. True drop in drop out online(yes you bring your own character) and thousands of items and brutal bloody combat. Snowblind is behind it, need i say more.

It could be said that Fallout 3 enraged a lot more hardcore fans than New Vegas did. In fact, as someone said above, it was quite well received by the hardcore Fallout fans.

Good old hypocrisy.

Not really. FNV still has sucky elements that got carried over from Fallout 3. But at least the story and game world isn't such a big ****up, which is the point here. Not that this belongs into this thread here now, though...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Good old hypocrisy.

Not really. FNV still has sucky elements that got carried over from Fallout 3. But at least the story and game world isn't such a big ****up, which is the point here. Not that this belongs into this thread here now, though...

The point is that the "hardcore Fallout fans" already hated Fallout 3 when it was just announced by Bethesda because it wasn't 2D isometric.

Then when Obsidian made another variation of Fallout 3, suddenly it became awesome because some oldtimers from Interplay/BIS worked on it.

Edited by virumor

"hardcore Fallout fans" already hated Fallout 3 when it was just announced by Bethesda because it wasn't 2D isometric.

isn't that what's happening now in here? hardcore DS fans raging about DS3 not being a piece of crap :ermm:

Snowblind is behind it

that's exactly why it's going to turn out a turd :o did you see their demo at E3? :lol:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Good old hypocrisy.

The point is that the "hardcore Fallout fans" already hated Fallout 3 when it was just announced by Bethesda because it wasn't 2D isometric.

Then when Obsidian made another variation of Fallout 3, suddenly it became awesome because some oldtimers from Interplay/BIS worked on it.

Actually, the point is that Fallout 3 had bad writing, bad quest design and a bad plot. New Vegas didn't. The engine was the same horribleness while the combat was marginally improved. So there are reasons to prefer New Vegas, apart from being worked on by BIS oldtimers.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I liked New Vegas more than FO3, but I find the reaction from hardcore fans hypocritical as well. It had *some* slightly better quests, and some tweaks here and there, but in large it felt and played exactly like the original FO3. I am not saying you can't enjoy one more than the other, but going from "it's total crap!" to "this is what a fallout sequel should be like!" is just silly.

Actually, the point is that Fallout 3 had bad writing, bad quest design and a bad plot. New Vegas didn't.

Both games had some good writing, some bad writing, some good quest design, some bad quest design, and a mediocre plot.

See what I did there?

FNVs gameworld makes sense, FO3s doesn't. That alone is enough for me to like the one and hate the other.

Actually, the point is that Fallout 3 had bad writing, bad quest design and a bad plot. New Vegas didn't.

Both games had some good writing

not sure if serious o:)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Both games had some good writing, some bad writing, some good quest design, some bad quest design, and a mediocre plot.

See what I did there?

Tried to get a rise out of people?

FO:NV was better then FO3, that's not saying FO3 wasn't good, it was and I enjoyed it, but FO:NV was IMO an overall better experience.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Im big fan of DS I and II... hell im even playing II atm to get the feeling again....

So when i saw a demo was out i allmost went in a bloodrage of joy....anyhows my first impressions are:

Bad things:

1: I dont like the fact that i couldent set controlkeys for adjusting cameraview charather ect. ect... i REALLY hope they gonna fix that, as i play by arrow-buttons and mouse and allways have (if not fixed, im proberly not going to buy)

2: Why does it have to take 3 seconds to enter charathersheet? where is the shortkey for that... as i see it in demo i gotta click c, and after that wait for some animationcrap (which looks good the first 50 times, after that its just anoying)... Especially as you get TONS of loot.... I used half my time in equipping items.

Old versions all had an easy interface to items and equipping, the new one is good looking granted, but waaay tooo slow to operate.

3: I miss the zoom out possibilty, the two versions you can choose from is i want everything in my face or i want everything in my face from 10 cm over my head... thats just stupid, for overview and for the athmosphere imo.

4: Where are healthpotions/mana potions?? I mean you get those small round circles... LOL WTF IS THAT ABOUT? am i playing pinball fantasy now? One thing is the terrible rpg value of picking up colloured balls, another thing is the fact you cant control WHEN you wanna use the healingpotions... again a bad thing for tacticscontrol....

5: Inventory"sheet"..... again very nice grafics, but damn its not very effecient, and fast... again it takes navigating into a second window, with very littlespace, that are being solved by a dragdownbar.... comon.....Simple is actually alot better.

6: Talents...... again they made the overview based on good grafics and little effeciency

Now that was the bad things, now to the good things.

1: I like the grafics generally when playing.

2: I dont think the story really is that bad, but then again, I mainly play the game for the challenge, not the extremely indepts story, though I love if a decent story is combined with good cinematics (havent seen them yet though, but who knows. they might come).

So overall a bit dissapointed, but im still gonna buy it, and hope some of the issues might going to be delt with, though im quite sure it wont on such short time up to releasedate.