You won The lottery

If you won the Lottery and you are now a Millionaire...

What will you do with the money?

Me would create a game Company focused on Rpgs and Action Adventure games,or just buy Ahem*Obsidian. :)

... If only things were that simple.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Honestly? I'd probably end up putting it somewhere it can earn me more money. And maybe toss some to a basically completed game project that lost it's publisher

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Honestly, I'd probably buy a few hundred acres of land in one of the big western states, maybe Wyoming or Utah, then I would build a place like this: http://www.bestfriends.org/atthesanctuary/animals/dogs.cfm

I'd quit my job obviously and spend the rest of my life working my sanctuary, reading all the books I've always wanted to and maybe writing a few of my own.

Oh that would be so nice.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Depends how much I won. If it was just a million I'd buy a house, car, pay off my debts and invest the rest. If it was like one of those 190 million powerball thingies you americans have, then same, but the house would have a batcave like lair and be constructed like the olden days stuff, mostly stone, so it will last hundreds of years. I'd also buy a controlling interest in a local Fusion company that apparently has promise, and lay down the funds so someone like Obsidian to do a couple dream games.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, it does depend on what type of jackpot I hit. A million is just going to let me get out of debt, buy a house, upgrade my car and RV, and retire a few years earlier. It would be awesome, but it isn't really life changing. I would still work because I love my job.

Now if I was a multi-millionaire, I'd probably stop teaching full time, maybe work as a substitute or look for a part time assignment. I'd build my dream house and spend months traveling in a nice RV exploring the country. I'd try not to be too spend-crazy, I want it to last and have enough to help my kids and kids kids.

I would buy a condo in San Francisco and get season tickets to the Giants, and I would do the same for the San Jose Sharks.

I also think it would be cool to fly a bunch of the forumites out to a Stanley Cup playoff game. I'd definitely take all the NHL thread folks and probably invite a few others.

There are lots of possibilities, I guess.

I'd get me some antlers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Two women at the same time.

That's why I got me the antlers. For the ladeeez.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Buy a nice house or unit North of the river so I could actually go to university rather than study off-campus. The rest, I'd probably put into a capital guaranteed fund and invest in real-estate, it all depends on how much you win, obviously.

Hm, pay off my debt and my family's. Maybe also arrange to have 3 or 4 of my relatives offed.

And two chicks at the same time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Seriously, I would start my own hardcore AFV collection in a custom-built facility with some land where I could drive my tanks. I would wear a General Patton style helmet and goggles and chomp on a large cigar. I would obviously need to base this facility in a large, deserted American SW state so I could also test the ordnance on my .50 cal MGs and 88mm tank guns (I'd be restoring a Tiger I).

sonsofgygax.JPG

Between State & Federal Taxes, if you won a million dollars you would be lucky if you got 500,000.

Calax has the right idea. That and I'd buy some property and become a slum lord. Oh, and I'd buy **** load of video games. ;)

Out here, along with many other countries, lottery winnings are not taxed.

But at any rate, I'd probably try to evaluate whether the winnings would be enough to live off the interest. Probably not immediately possible out of $1m (though it'd bring my retirement forward a decade or three), but double the prize and I think I could instantly retire and live without ever withdrawing the initial amount. Can't really think of a lot of big-ticket purchases otherwise - I don't plan on buying property in the middle of a bubble (Australia is home to the #1 most overpriced housing market in the world apparently), and I won't buy any sort of flash car, given that I can't drive.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Being more serious I think my number 1 'purchase' would be to take on a personal trainer. If I had 190 million (as was won the other night) then I'd need full time security also. I actually know precisely the chap I'd hire, too. ;)

I don't think I'd move house, though. I'd buy the ones either side, though. Should help obviate trouble with the neighbours.

-Elwood Blues

Pay tutition, buy a house, buy my mother a house and $1000 dollars whores. For me not my mother. ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Pay tutition, buy a house, buy my mother a house and $1000 dollars whores. For me not my mother. :(

Poor show. If my mum wasn't dead I'd feel bad not getting her some sort of James Darcy character. Granted she'd have made him weed the garden, but that would have been her choice.

-Elwood Blues

I wouldn't get employees though. like drivers and personal trainers, of course people with bad backs are free to do such a thing, especially if she is a looker and not entirely uninterested. (how did that go by the way?)

I feel uncomfortable enough having the boy bag my groceries. There is nothing wrong with my arms, that kind of pampering destroys character.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Between State & Federal Taxes, if you won a million dollars you would be lucky if you got 500,000.

Actually I think most people take installments so that this doesn't hit them that hard.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Pay tutition, buy a house, buy my mother a house and $1000 dollars whores. For me not my mother. :(

Poor show. If my mum wasn't dead I'd feel bad not getting her some sort of James Darcy character. Granted she'd have made him weed the garden, but that would have been her choice.

Yeah but it's kind of creepy when your mom goes shopping in the same store as you, if you get what i mean. Also she already told me that she is opposed to it, but then again people change with age. I'll have to ask her again.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah but it's kind of creepy when your mom goes shopping in the same store as you, if you get what i mean. Also she already told me that she is opposed to it, but then again people change with age. I'll have to ask her again.

It took me like ten minutes, but I finally figured out what you mean :(