Dragon Age 2

Pidesco

DA2 doesn't do enough to build an atmosphere where the gamer can lose themselves.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, whenever somebody tries to sneak past their opinion as representing "the gamer", I make this face: :lol: in real life. :(

Ha, that wasn't my intent. I don't think my tastes represent any large portion of the gaming population.

Ha, that wasn't my intent. I don't think my tastes represent any large portion of the gaming population.

It wasn't the only example on this page. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

yeah.... this game was not lacking in weapons and armor. really poor choice for first dlc.

how about some dlc that introduces a bunch of new scenarios with unique art assets, dungeons, new creatures, and new encounters. you know, actual content.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"more details"

Background fluff. No details on what the items are. Faboo.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

yeah.... this game was not lacking in weapons and armor. really poor choice for first dlc.

how about some dlc that introduces a bunch of new scenarios with unique art assets, dungeons, new creatures, and new encounters. you know, actual content.

This makes no sense. Yes, this DLC is lame. But it's the easiest to produce, so naturally would be first. And it doesn't take away from scenario, creature, or dungeon design because those are generally going to be developed by completely different people.

An argument could be made for thinking this would be better off rolled into one of those content DLCs. I'd be all supportive of that post.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

(that would have been free 2 years ago)

No it wouldn't have.

With fully supported mod tools - easily. But why give mod tools when you can sell low quality crap instead :)

Modern tools like Zbrush make it really easy to create items, weapons and armor. Features like subtools and mesh extract will speed up the workflow, no matter if you're amateur or professional.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

(that would have been free 2 years ago)

No it wouldn't have.

With fully supported mod tools - easily. But why give mod tools when you can sell low quality crap instead :lol:

Horse armour says otherwise, and that was five years ago. The existence of mod tools doesn't stop developers selling DLC.

anyone going to trust PSN now!?

Yes. If for no other reason, most of them won't understand what happened anyway. And, Bio has indeed specified it will be up when PSN is, not before. :lol: Don't get the rest of your post, obviously you need PSN if you have it on PS3, not if you don't.

Item details on a gamefaqs thread (apparently, I got my own info elsewhere, and didn't 1:1 compare them): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/988967-dragon-age-ii/58933564

As could be guessed, it's pretty powerful stuff, a lot of it improves through levels and some have min level requirements.

Expecting new levels at this point is sheer stupidity, if they've actually listened to people instead of continuing on their railroad, we'll be instead be seeing a lot of stuff like this first, while they scramble to 180 deg flip a few dungeons and edit out the doors... Or actually create something new :p Remember that DAA was the only PRC for DAO that had any wholly new areas.

Edited by Nepenthe

I'd be quite impressed with Bioware if they released extra interiors to replace some of the stock ones in either patch or dlc form. I do agree with Nepenthe that it wont happen, but it sure would be cool if it did.

I think that's more "impossible" than "improbable", considering the amount of rehashing they'd have to do. The best we can hope for now is that they (over)compensate in the DLC, which, given ME2, is possible, but, given DAO, unlikely. :lol:

Edited by Nepenthe

im not expecting them to make new levels. but its the only thing they could do at this point to make me interested in putting more money into DA2.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

*single tear rolls down cheek*

am almost having finished a first play-thru o' da2. gonna write up a review once we has completed the game and taken a day or two to reflect. nevertheless, we will observe that da2 has moments o' good fun. is not a terrible game. nevertheless, some o' the design choices is... puzzling.

am not recalling a game that has left us so ambivalent. is perplexing.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the game is VERY fun, for a $30 dollar game. but for a $60 dollar full price game, it is a half assed effort that leaves the distinct impression that the dev team was aiming at grabbing some cash and hoping the customer didn't mind.

qucik note:

didn't the biowarians spend money on a language expert for da:o? thought it were a waste... until we played da2 and we were called 'sirrah' 'bout 1000 times. now we get that it weren't actually "sirrah," but am suspecting that some clown at bio were playing a joke on all the fans.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am almost having finished a first play-thru o' da2. gonna write up a review once we has completed the game and taken a day or two to reflect. nevertheless, we will observe that da2 has moments o' good fun. is not a terrible game. nevertheless, some o' the design choices is... puzzling.

am not recalling a game that has left us so ambivalent. is perplexing.

HA! Good Fun!

Am curious to hear your impressions after mandatory reflection time etc. :)

Still sitting on the fence. Need a new time sink when finished with FO:NV, but the demo left me "uninterested" (boring corridor combat and not much else shown). I'm probably going to wait for the second boxed set with various DLC's and patches included.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

With the fence-sitting around this game it's like visiting a Vlad Țepeș fan convention.

Edited by Nepenthe