Dragon Age 2

Pidesco

Angry Joe Review.

Should have given it a lower score but, sigh, raises it because it is 'dragon age'. o:)

Makes a lot of good points, but likes certain things I hated. He liked having to mash the A button!? :ermm: I also actually liked the design and look of Kirkwall. It could have used more variety though considering you spend 80-90% of the game in it. He also barely touches on the repeating areas. I would have spent half the review railing on that problem.

too many angry people doing angry reviews these days on the internet

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm not married, been living with my girlfriend for 6 years mind.

You're still together? That's great! But if you two do decide to get married, we'd all better get a formal announcement! :ermm:

too many angry people doing angry reviews these days on the internet

That pretty much seems to be the default state of the Internet...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It wouldn't be as bad if Angry Joe wasn't an unfunny monotone manchild.

Same goes for any internet reviewer (mostly angry ones) really.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It wouldn't be as bad if Angry Joe wasn't an unfunny monotone manchild.

Same goes for any internet reviewer (mostly angry ones) really.

To me they're kind of like the MST3K of video games. Mocking the bad ones. The whole 'angry' thing as games are expensive and time consuming and bad ones can warrant that anger. So its fun if they do the whole angry routine + some decent jokes added.

True, but I stopped having any respect for Angry Joe when I watched his interview at the VGAs and gained a lot more for Geoff in the process. Watching an "internet star" get his massive ego taken down a notch certainly was entertaining though.

It's pathetic, really.

... this might be going off-topic. We should get back to bitching about DA2.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You're still together? That's great! But if you two do decide to get married, we'd all better get a formal announcement! :lol:

We're on about he Estonian lady right?

I asked her BTW, she said no.

I believe she's on play through 3 of DA.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

True, but I stopped having any respect for Angry Joe when I watched his interview at the VGAs and gained a lot more for Geoff in the process. Watching an "internet star" get his massive ego taken down a notch certainly was entertaining though.

Interviewing 101: you can't go up against a bow tie.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Interviewing 101: you can't go up against a bow tie.

Unless you're John Stewart?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I... But... It... Just...

:lol:

Oh, wait, it's a February 8th article.

In other news: VGChartz sales figures for DA2 shows a rather large decline in sales. It looks like a radiation decay graph right now.

Edited by John Lemon

:lol:

In other news: VGChartz sales figures for DA2 shows a rather large decline in sales. It looks like a radiation decay graph right now.

Guess they didn't get the CoD fans on board.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Can you have sex in CoD2?

Yes but the have a don't show don't tell policy at Infinity Ward.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

:ermm:

Guess they didn't get the CoD fans on board.

Well, I got it the day it was released...but I was SORELY disappointed.

ME1 and 2 got me, was excited by changes that sounded a lot like what they did with Me1 to ME2, making it more appealing to the CoD gamers as you may call it.

For me, if I had known now what I found out when playing DA2...it definately would NOT have gotten me. May have even skipped DA2, or at least waited till it hit the bargain bin (it's worth a bargain bin price).

Hopefully ME3 continues to appeal to me. That's still a must buy day of release sale for me...we'll see after that.

I did play DAO and DAA, I actually thought they were better games than DA2...personally speaking...even if they are more RPG centric than DA2. Something about the older ones simply appealed to me more...

"In other news: VGChartz sales figures for DA2 shows a rather large decline in sales. It looks like a radiation decay graph right now."

DA2 has sold 15mil copies. See, I can make up fantasy numbers too. o:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"In other news: VGChartz sales figures for DA2 shows a rather large decline in sales. It looks like a radiation decay graph right now."

Can your fantasy make DA2 better and if so could I borrow it?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Are you making an effort, or are you really that retarded? I've quoted a source to go along with the figures. Not that many people take VGChartz seriously, but it's a decent enough general indicator in lieu of NPD figures.

No, no it's not. It's pure fantasy made up numbers. NPD itself isn't 100% accurate but at least it's logical nad they put some effort into it. But vgchartyz is a joke.

The only retarted person here is the one who takes vgchartz as 'gospel'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You're still together? That's great! But if you two do decide to get married, we'd all better get a formal announcement! o:)

We're on about he Estonian lady right?

I think so, yes. The only other one I knew about was old news many years back, right? Maybe I'm just confused and they're one and the same, lol!

I asked her BTW, she said no.

When she's ready, she'll probably ask you!

I believe she's on play through 3 of DA.

Woman after my own heart, but I'm only on my second play through. I LOVE this game, am spending hours and hours investigating every nook and cranny, doing every possible quest, walking from map to map just to hear party banter. I will be so glad when they get the patch out, because the bugs are, well, bugging me. :) I could nitpick here and there, story-wise, but overall I think it's an awesome effort which will be more awesome after the patch, lol!

No, no it's not. It's pure fantasy made up numbers. NPD itself isn't 100% accurate but at least it's logical nad they put some effort into it. But vgchartyz is a joke.

Really? AFAIK Bioware said DA2 sold 1 million copies in two weeks. VGChartz pegs it at 927,857 in two weeks discounting digital distribution (Doubling PC sales figures to account for such would yield 1,109,689). Unless you live in the land of unattainable standards and eternal failure, I'd say that's a pretty decent estimate.

The only retarted person here is the one who takes vgchartz as 'gospel'.
it's a decent enough general indicator in lieu of NPD figures.

Your troll-fu needs work.

Really? AFAIK Bioware said DA2 sold 1 million copies in two weeks. VGChartz pegs it at 927,857 in two weeks discounting digital distribution (Doubling PC sales figures to account for such would yield 1,109,689). Unless you live in the land of unattainable standards and eternal failure, I'd say that's a pretty decent estimate.

You do understand when there are public announcement about sales figures from a company, they do NOT state exact sales numbers right? You do understand all of the factors that surround such an announcement as well as why they do not ever release actual sales numbers right?

VGChartz are fake magical fantasy numbers. He is 100% correct in that assessment.

You do understand when there are public announcement about sales figures from a company, they do NOT state exact sales numbers right?

I'm completely aware of Bioware saying "Broke the one million mark" instead of "Sold ____ copies" in two weeks. If Bioware is at all honest, that would mean they've sold at least a million copies of DA2 in two weeks. VGChartz gives a comparable sales figure, and as such I see no point in dismissing their estimates out of hand because they're not NPD figures.

You do understand all of the factors that surround such an announcement as well as why they do not ever release actual sales numbers right?

Nope, I don't pretend to understand commerce, I'm not a businessman.