Dragon Age 2

Pidesco

did anyone buy dragon age 2 who did not already own ME2?

My missus, she says she hates Sci-Fi... So maybe this'll convert her.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

My missus, she says she hates Sci-Fi.

But how does she feel about Space Opera?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Starting to look like a delayed Day-1 patch, with the apparently more unexpected things (like the broken bonus system that is stretching into a lot of different abilities, like Isabela's Thumbs Up) rolled into it.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. It wasn't discovered until some weeks after release, and seems to be a bit complex in how it works, so it might take more time to fix.

I'm assuming most of the 100 fixes is stuff Bio had discovered after going gold.

Guest Slinky
Starting to look like a delayed Day-1 patch, with the apparently more unexpected things (like the broken bonus system that is stretching into a lot of different abilities, like Isabela's Thumbs Up) rolled into it.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. It wasn't discovered until some weeks after release, and seems to be a bit complex in how it works, so it might take more time to fix.

I'm assuming most of the 100 fixes is stuff Bio had discovered after going gold.

Also keep in mind that if they stay on the same path as DAO in bugfixing, there is a big chance there is going to be a truck load of known bugs they never fix.

Also keep in mind that if they stay on the same path as DAO in bugfixing, there is a big chance there is going to be a truck load of known bugs they never fix.

BG2, DAO, and basically all other Bio games. Yeah, my expectations aren't quite that high.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Those of you who bought DA2 can get ME2PC for FREE! Nice.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/me2offer/

Thats great and all, but am I being a pessimist if I can't help but think this is some desperate way to boost DA2's sales?

That sort of was my thought as well.

Though the point of whether someone got DA2 that didn't get ME2 is probably also valid.

Edit: Obviously there are some who didn't as from the posts on this forum, but there are probably enough that did that BW doesn't have to worry much about lost sales (plus the game is being sold for what...19.99 for XB360 and PC now days?).

I think they are hoping that people will buy another copy of DA2 perhaps for a chance to get the free ME2...at least those who haven't gotten either?

Edited by greylord

Also, a key difference is in days of yore you'd get multiple fix-packs / mods by fans (Kevin Dorner, anyone? Baldurdash?).

There isn't a bug-fixing modding scene around DA2 AFAIK, nor is there likely to be. I posted a few weeks ago about the death of modding, the death of fan-based, superior, bug-fixing is also probably here too.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yep. Thankfully several games still have a big modding scene - the next Elder Scrolls will, FNV has a fair one, Total War has a fair one even though CA are actively making it harder for fans to fix their broken games... now that they're finally making it playable out of the box. :)

Vaguely heard about various offers. Interesting to hear about 1mil but know that in some places, e.g. UK, DA2 is being sold for half price. How can you cut a game's price as fast as / faster than Alpha Protocol then claim it's a huge success? Confusing. Sadly, after the intiial temptation I'm not interested in DA2 much anymore, and ME2 is a big meh.

She hates anything involving space, sci-fi... Anything, serious... We're talking WILL NOT WATCH STAR WARS here!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

She hates anything involving space, sci-fi... Anything, serious... We're talking WILL NOT WATCH STAR WARS here!

Then lie to her. Tell her Mass Effect takes place on a very black ocean.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If she wont watch Spaceballs you should leave her. Right now. There are no second chances for people who dislike Spaceballs.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Vaguely heard about various offers. Interesting to hear about 1mil but know that in some places, e.g. UK, DA2 is being sold for half price. How can you cut a game's price as fast as / faster than Alpha Protocol then claim it's a huge success? Confusing. Sadly, after the intiial temptation I'm not interested in DA2 much anymore, and ME2 is a big meh.

Jade Empire: great presales, very good early sales, then nothing. That's what they want to avoid.

Given the number of preorders DA2 was supposed to have had 1 million sales is not particularly impressive after two weeks.

BG2, DAO, and basically all other Bio games. Yeah, my expectations aren't quite that high.

I think BIO has a good track record of fixing bugs that actually totally screw up a play-through. So I think there's a good chance Thumbs Up will get fixed, as it has done for some players.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

Also, a key difference is in days of yore you'd get multiple fix-packs / mods by fans (Kevin Dorner, anyone? Baldurdash?).

There isn't a bug-fixing modding scene around DA2 AFAIK, nor is there likely to be. I posted a few weeks ago about the death of modding, the death of fan-based, superior, bug-fixing is also probably here too.

DA:O actually has a pretty good modding scene, with a bunch of neat fix-type mods for it. Including a fix-pack, auto-looter (love this!), skip-the-fade, and some others.

But nothing on the level of Baldurdash or Weimer's stuff, yeah.

DA1 had a HORRIBLE mod scene. Horrible, horrible,, horrible. I didn't even bother to download one mod for it.

As for the offer, it has very little to do with 'boosting' DA2 sales but more to do with boosting sales for ME3. How does this offer boost DA2 sells since the offer is also for those who already bought the game. Now, if the offer was buy DA starting nowm you get ME2 for free as some sor tof special deal that could be the argument; but that's isn't the case.

It should also be noted that previous BIO games INCLUDING DA1 had special offers early on in their releases as well. Nothing new here. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What would have been awesome for us XBox360 folks is if they gave ME2 DLC free instead. I don't want the PC version of ME2, and I already have the 360 version of it. What I don't have, and what would be more incentive/reward for me buying DA2 would be those DLC I never got around to buying.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

But nothing on the level of Baldurdash or Weimer's stuff, yeah.

There are fanfixes for several DA2 bugs (import bugs, Isabela's buggy companion power etc.). I don't think even BG2 had a lot of fan support less than a month out. Besides, makes sense to see what gets fixed and broken in the first official patch, eh? :bat:

DA:O, otoh, has really good "fanfix" support via the dragon age nexus. Certainly up to the level where Baldurdash was when I got into BG2.

Re: free ME2 without Cerberus network. Looks more like it could be a clever marketing ploy for ME2's DLC, as well. :w00t:

Edited by Nepenthe

There are fanfixes for several DA2 bugs (import bugs, Isabela's buggy companion power etc.). I don't think even BG2 had a lot of fan support less than a month out. Besides, makes sense to see what gets fixed and broken in the first official patch, eh? :w00t:

That probably has more to do with lack of faith of good patches these days. In the old days you could expect robust stuff. These days you may get 1.0b from KOTOR II. You know, just like in the past day-1 purchases weren't nearly as stupid as they are today.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You get free ME2, but no Cerberus Network.

How do you get that? The offer page clearly says Cerberus Network is included?

I'm pretty sure that when I looked this morning, it said differently.

What was this about buying DA2 and getting ME2 free ?

So... should I get DA2... how is it, scale o' ten. I'll settle for it being as good as DA1, and don't care about 10 different starting locations, it's not like I'll be playing it 10 times.

And there was blowjobs ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.