Dragon Age 2

Pidesco

Even advertising dollars were down for DA2 in comparison to DA1. DA1 had tv commericals. I haven't seen one msyelf or even heard about it. Both MEs also had commercials IIRC. DA2 is the first BIO PC/console game (not counting Awakenings or Sonic RPG which is neither) to have a commerical.

I've seen a commercial for DA2 more than ten times.

Edit: TV commercial.

Edited by Labadal

Define 'flop'. if you now to me the following: 'it sells les than WOW', I will fart in your direction 'cause that is silly talk.

P.S. Just finished DA2. 5/10 Final rating. Series over.

Flop = rapidly lose a lot of subscribers, in this case just like Warhammer Online

That good is it?

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Are you actually saying DA2 is bad?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

By mainstream gamejournalist standards, yes. By any sensible meaning it's average. Quite surprised by that actually.

I think he might've written it the wrong way around. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Are you actually saying DA2 is bad?

Sometimes it is hard deciphering Volournian speech, so since he gave the NWN OC a 7.5 I assume DA II is the worst videogame in the history of man kind. :)

I'm halfway through DA2 and I very much like the game itself. I certainly like it better than DA:O. It's got dozens of fun, fast quests instead of a handful of long, dreary dungeons. It's buggier than hell, though, and that I don't like.

I'm halfway through DA2 and I very much like the game itself. I certainly like it better than DA:O. It's got dozens of fun, fast quests instead of a handful of long, dreary dungeons. It's buggier than hell, though, and that I don't like.

That's how I felt at first until the repetitive dungeons, glitches, button mashing & poor story killed it for me.

Wonder why I never seen it. Oh well, no biggie.

So are you going to tell us just how much DA2 sucks?

I'd pay good money to hear that ;)

Edited by Gorth
Lets try without the name calling

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

That's because you're _halfway_ through it. The ending is kinda disappointing, after Act 2.

Too bad it's buggy for you. ;) I went through with only one crash in 30 hours, and had only one bug... the only one that seems to be universal.

That's how I felt at first until the repetitive dungeons, glitches, button mashing & poor story killed it for me.

The general experience rates at an 5 or 6, although it has those really great moments that unfortunately do not make up for the errors.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That's because you're _halfway_ through it. The ending is kinda disappointing, after Act 2.

Too bad it's buggy for you. :( I went through with only one crash in 30 hours, and had only one bug... the only one that seems to be universal.

If crashes are the issue (and not in-game bugs), it's kind of the be expected when playing a game with a multicore minspec on a single core rig.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Question : can I move the camera away from the character that is currently selected? Because right now, I'm reminded of the awful NWN2 camera, and that's not good!

You need to understand that this is a new and innovative feature introduced for your gaming benefit and pleasure. Get with the programme.

sonsofgygax.JPG

you can? that's something new

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You need to understand that this is a new and innovative feature introduced for your gaming benefit and pleasure. Get with the programme.

I know you're being sarcastic, but dude, that system was already awful in NWN2, and that game's camera could be zoomed out more! And NWN2 perhaps had some encounters that were really ****ty (the bandit camp near Fort Locke for example) but at least the enemies didn't come in waves that made your placement useless on the long term!

you can? that's something new

No, I think Morgoth misunderstood my question. I don't want to rotate the camera around my character on the Y and X axis (I figured that out by myself, every game does that nowadays), I want to translate it on something else than the Y axis (the zoom)!

Although I just realized that something I thought was a bug or at least a stupid design decision, could actually be a feature. I was wondering why, if I switched characters, I was still aiming for the ability selected for the previous character. It's probably in order to aim better if you want to throw a fireball in melee!

Edited by Sannom