Character reveal trailer

I may be wrong, but the two pistols stance seems inspired (animation-wise, mostly) from Devil May Cry.

Also, it looked pretty cool in a "press a button for awesome" way and also in a "wonder how this translates in gameplay" way. I mean, mixing firearms with magic seems to offer a lot of possibilities for an action RPG.

Agree that it looks a bit like Devil May Cry. Not a negative thing in my book though as I always liked how that looked.

She looks like she could be tremendous fun to play with pistols, rifle, magic and hounds. While Lucas seems a bit more of a "simple" melee character, both Anjali and Katarina seem pretty inspired in terms of their abilities.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

but the two pistols stance seems inspired (animation-wise, mostly) from Devil May Cry.

You don't say...

Katarina is one of my favorite characters. The way her guns combine with her magic is actually really fun. For instance, she has a spell (you can see her use it once in the trailer) where she plops down a purple AoE on the ground at her feet that doesn't do damage but pushes enemies back when they hit it. You can create chokepoints with it, protect yourself from melee attacks... it's definitely a very cool combo.

She also has a great "one-two punch" combo where you can curse an enemy, and then if you kill them while the curse is up they detonate, damaging enemies around them. Pretty fun.

I think my girlfriend will want to play that character.

In all likelihood I'm gonna be stuck with Lucas so that I can tank through the game and protect her enjoyment.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm the male in a loving relationship. It goes without saying that I'm not in charge.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusiv...on-siege/712096

This is the chick with guns. Silly clothes but she looks cool enough, might be the first character I play because... guns.

That looks ... clunky :ermm:

Maybe it's the animation (especially the auto-fire at 0:25) but something doesn’t feel right about that trailer.

And on reflection the purple shot-effects seem to bother me a little.

Maybe it’s that I'm just used to Guardian of Light.

Edited by pmp10

Think one problem is that the game doesn't really look to be designed for up-close, action shots, yet there is a fair bit of it in the trailer. The game looked really gorgeous in some of those recent preview vids, like the Machinima one for example and they focused mostly on the more top-down perspective.

Don't think the auto-fire that you mention there looks particularly clunky though. It doesn't look awesome to watch but I think you can almost tell how it would feel to use it, sorta "spray" from side to side and catch enemies in the range of fire. I wonder if it's an ability.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hmmm... I must say she seems a bit more interesting than I first thought she would be. I really like the idea of a witch/gunslinger... Makes me even more curious how the last unrevealed character will pan out. =) The more I think about it, however, the more I think he might be an alchemist of sorts (or at least have some kind of grenade type weapons) after all as was suggested previously... Seems odd that they would have 3 different magic using classes out of 4 characters, so I doubt that he would be another mage.

Edit: By the way, after reading comments for the character reveal, I think it's kind of odd how people are complaining how there shouldn't be muskets in a dungeon siege game. =P Maybe they just don't remember the mini guns, flamethrowers, tesla guns, and napalm launchers from the first game...

Edited by hopfrog16

I kinda like her gunslinging style, although I think the moves with the rifles are too over-the-top (the guns are okay because she fires with the other while playing with the other).

Another thing I'm curious about is that, since she apparently doesn't need 'real' armor, her clothes seem to be really varied in color and form. I think her looks can change a lot between the different piece of clothing she can wear!

Would have preferred Diablo 3 style presentation where you get to see the character running around blowing things up at speed, as mentioned the whole 'cinematic' closeups don't work with the game and you can't really see a lot.

I like the fact that we're getting characters that really mix up the standard fighter/mage/etc. :ermm:

All the characters seem interesting to play, but I won't decide wich one to play until I see the last character. It does seem that she could be difficult to play, but then again they said that katalina and the yet to be revealed character would be more challenging to play. Of the ones we do know about, I must admit that Katalina seems like the character that I would have most fun with gameplaywise.

Oh I wouldn't call her a witch - no satanism involved o:) sorceress or something maybe. Both Cat and Angel are hybrids though - Melee with combat magic (new 'class') and guns\ranged with combat magic (DS2 expansion class). Of the 3 characters revealed, Luke is the only pure character (classic jedi melee :shrugz: ). And there's no nature magic shown yet either. Still hoping for a pure wizard\sorcerer but Alchemist is what I'm thinking. Then again, 'technospells' could look and work just as well as 'real' spells. There'd need to something explaining why no real magic I'd say. Maybe the cataclysm in DS2 wiped it out?

Be nice if the official Dungeon Siege site updated the bio. I'm wondering if she's human or possibly got Elven blood in her. Bit hard to tell and the trailer ran badly on the computer here.

Oh another thought, how easy would it be for Obsidian to add in other characters as DLC? I'm not thinking full blown storyline's more freeplay expansion characters.

Hmmm... I must say she seems a bit more interesting than I first thought she would be. I really like the idea of a witch/gunslinger... Makes me even more curious how the last unrevealed character will pan out. =) The more I think about it, however, the more I think he might be an alchemist of sorts (or at least have some kind of grenade type weapons) after all as was suggested previously... Seems odd that they would have 3 different magic using classes out of 4 characters, so I doubt that he would be another mage.

Edit: By the way, after reading comments for the character reveal, I think it's kind of odd how people are complaining how there shouldn't be muskets in a dungeon siege game. =P Maybe they just don't remember the mini guns, flamethrowers, tesla guns, and napalm launchers from the first game...

Edited by Lord Elvewyn