Most ridiculous dictators

Monte Carlo

Obviously, I'm looking forward to Col. Gaddafi being vaporised by a J-DAM as much as the next guy.

But, let's face it, this will be a massive loss to the world of dictators-in-ridiculous-uniforms. Check this funky dress uniform out.. I particularly like the sunglasses, comedy epaulettes and un-military bouffant Bee-Gees style haircut. He looks like a 1920's cinema commissionaire trying out for the mafia.

Please share. I'm sure out on the interweb there is a rich fund of ridiculous dictators wearing amusing uniforms or outfits.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

I've got agree with mkreku on this one. Kim Jong rules the bonkers roost.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Kim Jong Il is bonkers but he hasn't got anything on Gaddafi style-wise. Granted, the strange Kommunist take on Foster Grant sunglasses is slightly funny, but the Blofeld-grey playsuit isn't as spectacular as the examples of sartorial elegance shown above. Look at that brown paper thing the good colonel is wearing! It's stunning.

Kim Jong Il would have to goose-step along the 49th parallel in a medal-bestrewn mankini to get anywhere near.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Kim Jong Il is bonkers but he hasn't got anything on Gaddafi style-wise. Granted, the strange Kommunist take on Foster Grant sunglasses is slightly funny, but the Blofeld-grey playsuit isn't as spectacular as the examples of sartorial elegance shown above. Look at that brown paper thing the good colonel is wearing! It's stunning.

Kim Jong Il would have to goose-step along the 49th parallel in a medal-bestrewn mankini to get anywhere near.

What makes you think he doesn't?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Idi Amin, nobody has ever accused Ghadafi of eating his enemies- accusations of vampirism from some Benghazianis notwithstanding- and he has a similarly unique approach to sartorial elegance.

Bokassa from the Central African "Empire" probably takes the cake, or at least some nicely seasoned dissident patties- on ludicrous though.

"Sadly" they're both ineligible for anything but an in memoriam prize.

Idi Amin

amindadalg.jpg

Dictator in Lederhosen:

hitlerlederhosen.gif

Those black leather trenchcoats just look more intimidating than lederhosen.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Obviously, I'm looking forward to Col. Gaddafi being vaporised by a J-DAM as much as the next guy.

But, let's face it, this will be a massive loss to the world of dictators-in-ridiculous-uniforms. Check this funky dress uniform out.. I particularly like the sunglasses, comedy epaulettes and un-military bouffant Bee-Gees style haircut. He looks like a 1920's cinema commissionaire trying out for the mafia.

Please share. I'm sure out on the interweb there is a rich fund of ridiculous dictators wearing amusing uniforms or outfits.

He belongs in Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band with that get up :thumbsup: