What are you playing now?

Soulstorm as an initial product was pretty pathetic. Unfinished models were rampant, the campaign was horrific, and the two new races didn't really add anything but more balance issues. The campaign could have been better if the stronghold maps weren't devoid of personality. At least in DC they had uniqueness that wasn't just "if you don't kill X then Y will appear and blow you up!"

And the multiplayer was wrecked by infinite-resource exploits.

That they were left unpatched for months after the release pretty much killed the game online.

Yeah, I have the Platinum edition which has MOTB already installed. Should I just quit NWN2 and jump straight into MOTB then?

Be sure to make some kind of Monk/Sacred fist, Fighter/Weapon master or Barbarian/Frenzied berserker so you can kill all the epic mooks with their ridiculously bloated HP quickly. Combat isn't much improved over the OC.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Soulstorm as an initial product was pretty pathetic. Unfinished models were rampant, the campaign was horrific, and the two new races didn't really add anything but more balance issues. The campaign could have been better if the stronghold maps weren't devoid of personality. At least in DC they had uniqueness that wasn't just "if you don't kill X then Y will appear and blow you up!"

Relic should have done it themselves instead of giving it to Iron Lore. I played it patched up, and even so I wouldn't buy it if it didn't come in a box set.

On the other hand Dark Crusade was one of the best expansions any RTS ever got, so some disappointment was inevitable.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Finished AC:Brotherhood over the weekend.. Did feel more like an expansion to AC2 rather then a standalone game.. but entertaining.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Relic should have done it themselves instead of giving it to Iron Lore. I played it patched up, and even so I wouldn't buy it if it didn't come in a box set.

On the other hand Dark Crusade was one of the best expansions any RTS ever got, so some disappointment was inevitable.

Thing is that the DC had some well known issues that were totally ignored (for example, the fact that somehow 8 man maps were entirely available in the campaign as fighting maps, for two people to spawn in. Or the fact that after a while you could just cheese the game with your honor guard). Meh.

And yeah, AC2 was more an expansion with Multiplayer than a stand alone. Still, at least it advanced the story, and gave us the awesome execution streak system.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm buying Arcanum this Friday, and going retro.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm buying Arcanum this Friday, and going retro.

I've got the soundtrack to that.. used to use it for the old Eberron campaign background music..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Doing the IG campaign from Retribution. Funny, can't bring myself to play the Xenos races ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished KotOR melee weapon run (no lightsabres or blasters). Was as fun as ever.

Installed KotOR 2 and of course it had to crashed right away. I hate this dejavu because I remember this happening at least few times in the past... but I always forget how I solved the problem. The worst thing is that I uninstalled working KotOr 2 version last year because I was running out of HD room while editing videos.

Argh! 4 CD version is really annoying to install after failed patch.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I thought about giving Commandos 2 a second chance.... learned the hotkeys for the items now and tried some stuff. If just the interface wouldn't be so bad... Also that game needs a pause button. Really.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

When are the new consoles coming out? This is getting ridiculous..

Not anytime soon... Well unless you count the NGP and the 3DS.

new xbox will be released in november 2013. i feel it in my soul.

PS4 will be released november 2014. My guess is they would rather wait one more year, but will be forced to go in 2014 or lose too much ground to MS.

The only one im not sure about is the Wii2. I would say november 2013 for that one too, but i don't know if they will go toe-to-toe with microsoft, whichever company announces their new console first (E3 2012) will get the pick of the date, the other company will release 6 months after, so i guess spring of 2014.

i'd say that there is a much higher chance that MS will announce first. And, as I said, it's going to be a surprise announcement at E3 next year. This year is going to be more garbage for kinect etc, nothing exciting at all, and the gaming media will begin speculating about new consoles, setting up fanboy expectations for the 2012 announcement so there won't be a big backlash of "too soon".

You'll all know I'm going to be right when after this years E3 we start seeing articles in the big press (gamespot, ign) about when the next consoles will be released.

mark your calenders.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

When are the new consoles coming out? This is getting ridiculous..

Not anytime soon... Well unless you count the NGP and the 3DS.

new xbox will be released in november 2013. i feel it in my soul.

PS4 will be released november 2014. My guess is they would rather wait one more year, but will be forced to go in 2014 or lose too much ground to MS.

The only one im not sure about is the Wii2. I would say november 2013 for that one too, but i don't know if they will go toe-to-toe with microsoft, whichever company announces their new console first (E3 2012) will get the pick of the date, the other company will release 6 months after, so i guess spring of 2014.

i'd say that there is a much higher chance that MS will announce first. And, as I said, it's going to be a surprise announcement at E3 next year. This year is going to be more garbage for kinect etc, nothing exciting at all, and the gaming media will begin speculating about new consoles, setting up fanboy expectations for the 2012 announcement so there won't be a big backlash of "too soon".

You'll all know I'm going to be right when after this years E3 we start seeing articles in the big press (gamespot, ign) about when the next consoles will be released.

mark your calenders.

An internal document by MS has revealed they plan to launch the next home console in 2015.

PS4 will probably come around 2015, 2016 as well, after the 10 year life cycle of the PS3.

no way, im totally going to be right and YOU are totally going to be wrong.

mark your calendars!!

:)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Crysis 2. Now, I have not played it.. but I read that it is now DirectX 9 with smaller levels and no graphics options, mouse smoothing, auto-aim on PC etc. Not interested. A huge step back, in my opinion. When are the new consoles coming out? This is getting ridiculous..

DirectX 9 only is a shame.

Levels are indeed smaller, but they are still pretty open so you don't have to tackle them in the same way all the time. The bigger issue is the MAXIMUM HAND HOLDING with the suit constantly telling you blindingly obvious paths or options.

Mouse Acceleration and Auto Aim are both off by default I believe.

Graphics options in game suck tremendously (Low, Med, High). Real customization is currently only supported by tweaking the config files. There are at least two programs that will automate this for you. I use this one.

Doing the IG campaign from Retribution. Funny, can't bring myself to play the Xenos races :thumbsup:

There's no point to playing the campaign a second time, all of the maps and missions are the same.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

There's no point to playing the campaign a second time, all of the maps and missions are the same.

True enough, but the races can be a bit different in how they play, although slightly. Chalk it up to me needing time killed :thumbsup:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I tried playing Orks and IG at the same time but ditched the orks half way through and finished with IG only. The campaign is slightly disappointing, but then so is the entire DoW2 line.

I applaud the effort to make something new though. But I wouldn't object if DoW3 turns out to be like the first one, only refined.

logosig2.jpg

DoW 2 was pretty disappointing for me. Its not that I loved DoW 1 that much and was sad to see it changed, i just got bored by its gameplay very quickly.

DoW1 was ok, some of its expansions were ok too, DoW2 was just not a very good game.

I hope they make big changes for DoW3. I'd prefer something that played more similarly to actual warhammer, and featured all the races, and the units, point buy etc etc

but barring that, i'd settle for just a good game set in the universe.

Hm ok, disagree with the assertion DOW 2 was a poor game, doubt they'll revert to the traditional RTS model for DOW 3

DoW 2 was pretty disappointing for me. Its not that I loved DoW 1 that much and was sad to see it changed, i just got bored by its gameplay very quickly.

DoW1 was ok, some of its expansions were ok too, DoW2 was just not a very good game.

I hope they make big changes for DoW3. I'd prefer something that played more similarly to actual warhammer, and featured all the races, and the units, point buy etc etc

but barring that, i'd settle for just a good game set in the universe.

DoW2 could have been much better if they varied the gameplay more. The main campaign had a few awesome moments, but most of the levels felt stale. The actual GAMEPLAY was pretty good overall, felt very tactical and cool, it's just you can only take so many "go to point X and kill a boss" or "Hold off X waves" levels.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, I have the Platinum edition which has MOTB already installed. Should I just quit NWN2 and jump straight into MOTB then?

Be sure to make some kind of Monk/Sacred fist, Fighter/Weapon master or Barbarian/Frenzied berserker so you can kill all the epic mooks with their ridiculously bloated HP quickly. Combat isn't much improved over the OC.

Ah, that sucks. The combat is ridiculous in this game. My companions die in seconds, and I haven't even gotten into Neverwinter yet. And the game is around 40 hrs long? Jesus Christ.. Thanks for the tip though, I think I'll just do what someone else suggested and open up MOTB with a trainer and quit the OC.

Picked up Assasin's Creed:Brotherhood, I'm only a few minutes in but I gotta say this.

Watch and learn Bioware that's how you do a sex scene.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif