What are you playing now?

I am playing Fallout New Vegas again. I just can't seem to let it alone.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm really looking forward to playing it again, right now I'm running through Fallout 3 with a load of mods and texture packs, hopefully by the time I'm done all the DLC for New Vegas will be out and I can plough through it all again ready to jump into Skyrim.

One thing I'll be installing is the New Vegas version of Fallout Wanderers Edition, the changes it makes to Fallout 3 are fantastic, every bit of junk counts and you're constantly scavenging just to get by. :mellow:

master of orion 2

epic nostalgia

52 stellar converters, OPEN FIRE!

52 stellar converter ships vs an armada of 35t435345345 of enemy ships. 25 turns later the enemy fleet is destroyed and about 10 stellar converter ships still left. Does Master of Orion 2 run on Vista/Windows 7?

Oh and I'm playing Dragon Age 2.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Got my 6th planet in EVE, now to rejig things a bit, maybe I can pump out more coolant now!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Up to level 22 in Rift and I just finished my first dungeon. The dungeon was pretty standard, I'd say it's the first thing in Rift that hasn't impressed me. Everything else in the game has been similar to other MMO's but pulled off just a bit cooler or smoother. Ah well, there was nothing wrong with it, I was just hoping for something neater. It didn't help that it was in a dingy tomb.

I also finally installed Dragon Age 2. I was happy to see that I could import my save game, I didn't think it would matter with this being a separate storyline, but now I look forward to seeing the impact of my previous decisions. Maybe I'll get some e-mails from people in Fereldan.

"I didn't think it would matter with this being a separate storyline, but now I look forward to seeing the impact of my previous decisions. Maybe I'll get some e-mails from people in Fereldan."

You get quests as well. And, certain cameos depending on your chocies can actually be different.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A NWN2 mod called Legacy of White Plume Mountain by Wyrin (who wrote the Dark Avenger mods).

It's an overland adventure like SoZ based on the classic PnP modules, it's done really well. You make your own party like SoZ too. Recommended.

I just d/l'd that the other day. Haven't got to play it yet. Decided to do a replay of the ME series after finishing up DA2...but I'll give it a whirl after I finish the ME paly throughs.

^ It's a lot of fun, very high finish on the mod. It's more convenient if you use Vordan's Hero Creator to get your initial party going else they'll have no GP at the start, though :shifty:

He's even got some original module art from Erol Otis in the mod!

sonsofgygax.JPG

^ It's a lot of fun, very high finish on the mod. It's more convenient if you use Vordan's Hero Creator to get your initial party going else they'll have no GP at the start, though :shifty:

He's even got some original module art from Erol Otis in the mod!

I'll definately have to give it a shot then.

Replaying ME2 before next week's DLC, then its off to DA2.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Hm, I played DA2 last weekend. I finished Homefront off in those few hours of Friday night.. but apart from that I've been missing a real gaming mood. I couldn't even get into Alpha Centauri for more then 10 minutes. And thats practically sacrilegious.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

just finished DA2. Fun ending, MUCH more fun than the end of origins.

I'm going to replay as a mage i think. for all the things wrong with the game, its still very fun to play.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Crysis + Warhead, not sure why.

could it have anything to do with Crysis 2 coming out?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Gotta wonder why Ubi wanted this series to become yet another generic shooter. I know, I know - Consolization.

Even in this game there are few objectives or levels where you can stealth, assign order to clear the room and save the hostages. And those still work just fine. I don't understand why I have to fight armies of really well geared enemies, who for some reason or the other seem to have at least 100 times advantage in numbers over my small team (or sometimes solo action).

Seriously, you'd think Las Vegas / LA / SF ran totally out of special ops or SWAT teams. Not only that, but they probably ran out of army and national guard too. I'm not fighting a terrorist force here, it's bloody invastion. If I'm conterterrorist, it's goes to bizzaro world quickly when you see freaking enemies jumping from rooftops and coming thru windows in full spec ops suits, state of the art weapons and granades. I think that should be my role? Better call Duke Nukem or Doom Marine Guy next time.

I can't get used to 3rd person "peek around the corner" mode. In theory it should work, but maybe I'm just too old to learn new tricks in FPS. So I don't use it. I like riot shield and pistol combo and assault rifle for those hectic fights. Silenced submachine gun would be my fav choice but game don't really support stealthy action, so in the end you'd just gimp your weapon stats.

I dislike lack of quicksaving as my allies can get stuck and eat granades (normally from bullets you have timeframe to revive 'em, but granades kill 'em and cause game over screen). Sometimes you fight big group of mobs in rather large area in the map, you kill 'em and get close to next autosave point... and game throw another "suprise attack" and you get killed. Frustrating garbage.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

5th FNV game is on hold at the Strip as I get into Shogun 2. Have only played a couple of hours. Looks promising - nice RPGfied choose-your-traits system, aggressive CAI, seemingly better BAI, some good design decisions (make sieges easier for AI to deal with, etc), very nice UI. But every TW game looks awesome the first few hours.

Battles look pretty damn ugly at medium settings but I don't mind too much.