RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

scalable tech is going to be very big for the next few years.

hee hee

Only if you're a console plebe. :x

it effects even the glorious race, because most companies want to release their games on as many systems as possible, or have you not noticed the lack of pc exclusives over the past few years? (and the many pc games that are held back graphically by console limitations)

but scalable tech can be good for pc's, if battlefield 3 is as advertised then its going to be MUCH nicer on pc, and scaled waaay back for consoles. Such technology will be commonplace next gen imo because the super wii will be "just good enough" to have versions of whats going to be happening for the other systems (pc included).

mark my words! all of you mocked my nintendo console prediction and look how that turned out :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The glorious pc master race farts in the general direction of the console hoi polloi.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I hope that's a bannable offense.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

you're just jealous of our nimbus.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Pft, tame.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just found out about this now.

http://blackprophecy.com/index.php?id=67

Looks real good. Its an MMO space combat sim, action and story oriented. High production values, free to play. Currently in beta. You can sign up and get your download. I'm currently downloading.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Looks real good. Its an MMO space combat sim, action and story oriented. High production values, free to play. Currently in beta. You can sign up and get your download. I'm currently downloading.

I stalled out at level 8 when the story dried up and my only option was to grind enemies/instance missions.. either way this game doesn't take long to show that it's still a MMO at heart. Unfortunately there wasn't anything to do except combat. It features open PVP which isn't my cup of tea but if that's something your looking for you'll probably enjoy it more than I did.

Humble Bundle 2 is out. I caved in and spent $$ on it. Curious to see what Trine and Shadowgrounds is about.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I stalled out at level 8 when the story dried up and my only option was to grind enemies/instance missions.. either way this game doesn't take long to show that it's still a MMO at heart. Unfortunately there wasn't anything to do except combat. It features open PVP which isn't my cup of tea but if that's something your looking for you'll probably enjoy it more than I did.

Does that mean that you reached the end of the storyline or that it wasn't all available on the beta.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Humble Bundle 2 is out. I caved in and spent $$ on it. Curious to see what Trine and Shadowgrounds is about.

Technically this is number three. :shifty:

:o

Well, it's the first time they sent me an email telling that there was a new bundle (previous emails had been about more games being added to the one I already purchased, together with download links to the new additions and free codes for steam if I wanted a copy of the games there too).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Kapryshyn to write a book about what happened to Revan: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110422 I guess that's what we get instead of KOTOR 3, thanks Bioware.

It also sounds unbelievably lame, too.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Does that mean that you reached the end of the storyline or that it wasn't all available on the beta.

I'm sure there are more story mission that activate after a certain level. I just wasn't interested in trying to get to them if the only way to do so was through a lot of repetitive combat. I joined the Genides, the Tyi might be better fleshed out.

"It's not BioWare's call to make/not make a KotOR III, that is Lucas Arts."

Let's be honest, though, if BIO wanted to do KOTOR3, LA would let them. Heck, if BIO wanted to, they would have been the ones making KOTOR2. And, it was largely Obsidian's connection to BIo that got them KOTOR2 as well. BIO want to make their own space opera rpg.

Afterall, LA didn't mind throwing tons of money at BIO to make KOTOR MMO, afterall. not to mention allowing BIO employees write SW novels.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Kapryshyn to write a book about what happened to Revan: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110422 I guess that's what we get instead of KOTOR 3, thanks Bioware.

It also sounds unbelievably lame, too.

Doesn't sound as bad as it could, though I've been resigned to the retconing of just about everything in KotOR2 from the point details on TOR arrived.

In my perfect world it would be written by Matt Stover given the very obvious influence Traitor/ Vergere had on KotOR2/ Kreia, but that ain't going to happen and never was.

Considering how anal Lucas licensing gets about stuff, I doubt that retconning will take place. He'll have to work within the canonised part of KOTOR II, which won't necessarily mean much (exile was female, everybody, including the Handmaiden, joined and became instrumental in recreating the Jedi order).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Considering how anal Lucas licensing gets about stuff, I doubt that retconning will take place. He'll have to work within the canonised part of KOTOR II, which won't necessarily mean much (exile was female, everybody, including the Handmaiden, joined and became instrumental in recreating the Jedi order).

AFAIK the author is no stranger to retcons in star wars.

Besides he seems to embody the Bioware style of writing (awesome/kick-ass at expense of plot/narrative) so the take on the events of KOTOR II will likely differ from the game.

Wait so he's not the Sith Lord/Emperor in TOR?

+1 TOR

Ah, I've studiously avoided all Star Wars novelisations in the past

Good call.

though I'm inclined to check this one out.

Bad call.

Having said that, the ME books were worth a read if you liked the setting.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Having said that, the ME books were worth a read if you liked the setting.

I read them for background, but the first two weren't exactly good and the last one was absolutely dire.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif