Dark Horse Dungeon Siege WebComic

They also made one about the battle between Azunai the Defender and Zaramoth. It's a good one, but very short. Hope this one is a bit longer.

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/359/dark-hor...ives-april-27th

DARK HORSE DIGITAL ARRIVES APRIL 27TH

04/20/2011 1:52pm

One of the most eagerly anticipated programs in the history of Dark Horse is announced today, as the Dark Horse Digital app and store will launch in exactly one week.

As previously mentioned, the Dark Horse Comics iOS digital app will be available for free download in the iTunes store. The app will feature the first issue of Hellboy: Seed of Destruction already pre-loaded into your collection. Thanks to those fans who signed up for our Dark Horse Digital newsletter so far, users will also be able to download the full first issues of Criminal Macabre, Abe Sapien: The Drowning, and Joss Whedon

Edited by funcroc

Disappointing I must say, except for how Odo found Anjali. Also, wasn't Georges Ziets supposed to be writing the comics, or will he just pen one of the other issues?

Nah, I liked the beginning. Reinforced (after Odos Journal) that Jeyne doesn't really have any support under normal farmfolk.

Also Ziets won't write a comic but as far as I gather he supported the team.

Why don't they make the comic available without registration? Why do I have to register just to read an advertisement for the game? Makes no sense.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Thanks for that one funcroc, and now the third online issue goes live, introducing us to young Reinhart, a street urchin (not really) who really, really likes his explosives :

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/345.d...ge-iii-issue-3/

Reinhart just went further up on the 'badass' scale for me. Also, it's confirmed that he's older than Lucas by five years, and my theory about him being raised by goblins wasn't so far off :sorcerer: .

Reinhart just went further up on the 'badass' scale for me. Also, it's confirmed that he's older than Lucas by five years, and my theory about him being raised by goblins wasn't so far off :sorcerer: .

Congratz you were right^^

Also, you know your universe isn't supposed to be 'dark and gritty' when characters are walking around with brightly colored plate armors :sorcerer: . Seriously, Odo and Marten? Red and blue?

I'm slightly surprised at the number of people walking around half-naked in the streets of Stonebridge. Men and women alike. That city must have a really warm weather. Or they're very resilient to the cold.

And to end it : DWARF!

Also, you know your universe isn't supposed to be 'dark and gritty' when characters are walking around with brightly colored plate armors :sorcerer: . Seriously, Odo and Marten? Red and blue?

I'm slightly surprised at the number of people walking around half-naked in the streets of Stonebridge. Men and women alike. That city must have a really warm weather. Or they're very resilient to the cold.

And to end it : DWARF!

Wait, DSIII was supposed to be dark and gritty? What? Granted its a pretty bleak scenario, but the artstyle and the charachters personalitys don't really scream dark and gritty to me. At all.

• 2 months later...

Someone who I suppose is the artist for the Walmart Comic has posted some pages on DeviantArt : http://druje.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3lgrus

He gave me some context on what's happening :

It's a story that shows a bit of everyone, but starring the younger versions of Odo and Lazarus. The knight leading the charge in the first two pages is Hugh Montbarron. They all die in battle. If you go to page 6 posted here you'll see baby Lucas in his mother's arms and Lazarus entering the Montbarron palace leading Jeyne's troops, the Azunites. I'd say the main character is Odo, accompanied by Lazarus whom is actually infiltrated and assists him in helping Sibylla and her baby -Lucas- get out of the castle thus slipping through Jeyne's hands. The prisoner Jeyne is talking to is Vaclav, a woodsman.

Lazarus doesn't ring any bell, Vaclav however does. I think he was the same guy the Azunites were searching for in the first issue, and he's also the husband of Ludmilla. Poor guy.

Edited by Sannom

• 1 month later...
Guest RytGansta

Does anyone know or has heard anything about the Wal-Mart comic? I haven't seen it anywhere other than the cover in Gamebanshee and those dialogueless pages on Deviantart.