Dragon Age II (spoilers)

Sebastian doesn't even want to go in the Fade, so with him in the party you're ****ed :D

I had Sebastian in my party before we went into the Fade but he said something about it being no place for a man of faith, so I replaced him with Aveline (who was the only one not to turn on me) and got 10 friendship points for it.

I believe the rivalry/friendship points you get for Merrill and Sebastian just as you enter the Fade are due to your responses to Merithari's suggestion you make the boy Tranquil.

Everyone but Justice can turn on you in the Fade.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I just did the

Haunted house quest where you return to Bartrand's estate, which for some reason had me legitimately scared or at least creeped out. It was pretty damn good, especially when you compare it to the quest I did right after for Anders - finding a bunch of random items so he can blow up the Chantry. I had to say no to the idiot after he revealed he'd lied about the potion. Now I just wish I could kill the moron before he screws everything up...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

whoa. that's unexpected... can you stop Anders at all? or is the whole chantry thing set in stone?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

whoa. that's unexpected... can you stop Anders at all? or is the whole chantry thing set in stone?

Considering it's such an important event and triggers the ending of the game, I doubt you can change it.

It's really awful too -

there's a quest where Anders got captured (for me at least), and ideally the quest would've given me the option to just ignore Anders and never bother to rescue him. Maybe my anti-mage character could realize the guy's possessed by what is somewhat close to a demon and just outright kill Anders in act 1. Maybe I could've made him tell me his plan (either interrogation or through friendship) and stopped him/killed him. Imagine if you could've just killed Mother Petrice instead of letting her walk out of there, or maybe chase after Isabella when she flees a fight to chase after that relic (she's obviously just going to run away if she does get the relic and you're not there to stop her), you could've avoided the whole trouble with the Qunari.

There are so many missed opportunities for great C&C that simply get dumbed down to plot-required stupidity. This makes it insanely frustrating when playing through the game a second time, when you know all these points where the game should've let you act. If this game had proper C&C it'd be amazing, and it's a damn shame Bioware got lazy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That's ok, the real AI writing comes into when this strategy fails and they'd have to regroup and change their approach.
Why would it fail?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well i finished now, rushed through act 3 and it still wasn't fast enough. The haunted mansion was fun but other things we painful to play. The story gets messed up so bad that i actually got a headache.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm halfway through Act 2, and frankly I love this game. It's superior to DA:O in every way. I love the story, the settings, the fast-paced quests instead of the drudgery of massive dungeons. There's only one thing keeping it from being one of my favorite games of all times.

Bugs.

I'm plagued by massive bugs. I had to download the beta just to get into Kirkwall to begin with, then I'm stuck with loading bugs on map transitions that crash my computer and make me reboot sometimes 5-6 times during a play session. My Exiled Prince DLC (which I paid for) is so bugged that I can't complete Sabastian's companion mission, and the barrel puzzles with their excellent reward is unplayable for me because the barrels either don't move or move randomly, not in the sequence they are supposed to.

I'm praying Bio puts out a patch soon that will solve these problems. Clearly, not everyone is having them... but they are really ruining what would otherwise be a wonderful game experience for me. :lol:

360 > PC

Book it! It's true, it's true!

Anyways, all I gotta say is thanks to spoilers I thought a certain part of the game was 'ruined' for me since I thoguht I had made my choice easy due to the spoilers... however, when i actually got to take part in the scene myself, the actual choice was not easy at all... and, i felt only sadness and regret for my choice.. definitely not victorious in any way. That's fantastic writing!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Have you tried the 1.01 patch? It's out now and seems to have helped some people.

If not for the patch, I'd still be trying to get into Kirkwall. I have a single-core machine, and until I downloaded the (then)beta 1.01, I was spinning my wheels on an endless loading screen after the prologue. After they finalized the 1.01 patch, I downloaded and installed it, too, for good measure.

Edited by ~Di

Finished the game yesterday after ~50h of playtime. I think parts of it were improved from DA:O but some aspects had gone backwards.

I liked the new fast paced combat style, there was plenty of useful skills available for all classes (mages could have used few more passive skills) and fights usually required some thinking (on Nightmare). Didn't like the constant recycling of same maps, nor the enemies that spawn on top of you out of thin air, nor the sheer amount of fights in the game(but that may be because of the difficulty setting which made every fight last very long).

There was only ONE bug that I encountered, in the ACT 3 there was some lady kidnapped but the bandits on Wounded Coast never appeared.

Overall I'm very happy I bought the game full priced, money well spent.

It is bugged for everyone. Some suspect the quest isn't even supposed to exist. The official guide makes no mention of it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

IIRC the letter says that time is important - maybe the Champion is just always too late regardless? :p

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

IIRC the letter says that time is important - maybe the Champion is just always too late regardless? -_-

Eh, then the quest should update telling you that you failed. It doesn't, and there is a mysterious character near the entrance to the coast that can't be interacted with who I'm assuming is the bandit you are supposed to meet.