News: Japan's Earthquake

BicycleOfDeath

8.9 Quake hit off the eastern shore of Sendai, Japan sending a 33ft (I've also read 13ft) tall Tsunami into it. If you're ocean-side on the coast of the Pacific, you're likely under a warning and/or evacuation of some sort.

Sky: Click here

Yahoo!: Click here

Google: Click Here

Tsunami Travel Time Chart: Click Here

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I'm in South Korea at the moment and been watching the news for the past hour.

The footage of that massive wave wiping out everything in it's path is incredibly scary. All I could think was, OMG, there could be people in there. I can't even begin to manage how many lives have been lost. You can actually see people desperately driving away from the wave. Man, I hope they made it.

:o

Guest The Architect

The whales have struck back... too soon? No disrespect to the dead or anything, it's very sad, but there's nothing we can do to undo the damage that's been done. My thoughts are with those who are affected by this.

Edited by The Architect

Yeah heard about the news yesterday before I went to bed. 8.8 on the Richter scale, big mess.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My old japanese grammar teacher from uni is on the tube doing filler about Japan while they roll the same footage every 15 minuites. Natural disasters, what are you gonna do. **** happens. Looks like the death toll is less than expected, but infrastructure will be in recovery mode for a long time.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

'twas quite hard. First time ever I got scared during an earthquake... I've never felt anything like this. Earthquakes are very common in Tokyo, but this was a completely different beast.

According to most recent news 137 people have been confirmed dead (that's excluding 200-300 bodies that washed ashore after a tsunami hit Sendai city), 531 are missing. These numbers will without a doubt rise in the next few days.

Whoah whoah, 500+ missing and 200-300 bodies washed up that aren't what's included? I was considering 100+ dead to be an immense tragedy. I... am at a loss.

My sympathies.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "SF gets 8.4 earthquake!" (Geologists have suspected that San Andreas is gonna blow soon... should have 20 years ago actually)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

According to my attorney they have already failed.

Huge sympathy to Japan right now, though. Can't really justify it particularly. Just a lot.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Death toll likely to be over 1000, and I don't even think that's including the potential casualties from the failures of the emergency cooling systems for the nuke reactors if they can't prevent a nuclear meltdown and radiation leaking into the atmosphere.

Edited by The Architect

Hard to say what is going on, as officials are being very close lipped. However, indications are that the core was shut down early, and a meltdown is unlikely.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.