Pets, Mules, Mounts, etc.

Will it be possible to have pets or mules or mounts or similar types of companions in Dungeon Siege III? I like using these types. :sorcerer:

As far as I know, the only companions you will get will be the 3 other predetermined characters. I've read that they aren't going to bring in pack mules for sure... No mounts or pets either, I think. Too bad, too... The pets were one of my favorite aspects about the second game. =O

No mule has been confirmed, I'm not sure if you can have pets though all the info released so far hints at "nope" but an ability from Anjali summons another creature (dunno what it is precisely), you can actually see it (I think, at least) in one of the latest videos from Gamespot.

I did see that actually... It looked like some kind of flaming wolf or something. Maybe the hinted nature mage/healer that hasn't been revealed yet will get a summon too hopefully... I love me my summons. =)

No mule has been confirmed, I'm not sure if you can have pets though all the info released so far hints at "nope" but an ability from Anjali summons another creature (dunno what it is precisely), you can actually see it (I think, at least) in one of the latest videos from Gamespot.

I did see that actually... It looked like some kind of flaming wolf or something. Maybe the hinted nature mage/healer that hasn't been revealed yet will get a summon too hopefully... I love me my summons. =)

I've nicknamed him the Alchemist because of glass tube\container in his hand. There's no guarantees he's a nature mage, and there has been talk it's actually um steam punk or something. Maybe it's another 'modern' unit like the gun girl. Some sort of mad inventor. Stink bombs and hand grenades? It'd be in line with the techno-transition that seems to have crept into the game. Maybe DS1's goblins have had a major impact on Ehb over the past centuries?

Definitely no mules and no pets alas :( Summons might exist, they did in the other two but they were time based. Maybe there's permanent summons like TQ and others?

Edited by Lord Elvewyn

I've nicknamed him the Alchemist because of glass tube\container in his hand. There's no guarantees he's a nature mage, and there has been talk it's actually um steam punk or something. Maybe it's another 'modern' unit like the gun girl. Some sort of mad inventor. Stink bombs and hand grenades? It'd be in line with the techno-transition that seems to have crept into the game. Maybe DS1's goblins have had a major impact on Ehb over the past centuries?

Definitely no mules and no pets alas :lol: Summons might exist, they did in the other two but they were time based. Maybe there's permanent summons like TQ and others?

Hmm... I don't see a glass tube/container in his hand... it looks like a swirling ball of energy in his palm to me, but I might be wrong. To be honest, I'd love being able to play a mad scientest sort of char. =) I always made mad scientist characters in Arcanum for those of you who know what that is, hehe. There's just something fun about blowing things up... with science! ;)

Hmm... I don't see a glass tube/container in his hand... it looks like a swirling ball of energy in his palm to me, but I might be wrong. To be honest, I'd love being able to play a mad scientest sort of char. =) I always made mad scientist characters in Arcanum for those of you who know what that is, hehe. There's just something fun about blowing things up... with science! :)

That's an interesting suggestion. I zoomed in and had a look, here's a copy. post-29307-1300069612_thumb.jpg I see what you mean by swirling energy. By itself it'd be extremely interesting and suggestive but the problem is the bronze tube above it and leaning off at an angle. I don't think it's the sleeve of the 'Alchemist's' robe. Given how little we know of course there's very little fact to support an awful lot of speculation.

A mad scientist would actually be pretty cool to play. In fact I'd have no problem with such a character being incorporated as long as Obsidian gave me my ##### mage! :lol: Maybe add the character\class as a free DLC\mod for the game? Science seems to be making inroads into Ehb but I don't think it should push magic aside. And if technology is pushing the old ways aside, why do we still have some guy swinging a sword and wearing medieval armour? Furthermore why not apply magic scientifcally e.g. Repeating Crossbows or magic flame throwers as mentioned in such places as David Weber's Hell's Gate series?

Maybe this Alchemist speculation should spin off into it's own thread? We know the 3rd character is a female gunslinger but the fourth character is pretty much a total mystery. I'm guessing male for balance but it could be a Droog for all I know.

Hmm... I don't see a glass tube/container in his hand... it looks like a swirling ball of energy in his palm to me, but I might be wrong. To be honest, I'd love being able to play a mad scientest sort of char. =) I always made mad scientist characters in Arcanum for those of you who know what that is, hehe. There's just something fun about blowing things up... with science! :)

That's an interesting suggestion. I zoomed in and had a look, here's a copy. post-29307-1300069612_thumb.jpg I see what you mean by swirling energy. By itself it'd be extremely interesting and suggestive but the problem is the bronze tube above it and leaning off at an angle. I don't think it's the sleeve of the 'Alchemist's' robe. Given how little we know of course there's very little fact to support an awful lot of speculation.

A mad scientist would actually be pretty cool to play. In fact I'd have no problem with such a character being incorporated as long as Obsidian gave me my ##### mage! :lol: Maybe add the character\class as a free DLC\mod for the game? Science seems to be making inroads into Ehb but I don't think it should push magic aside. And if technology is pushing the old ways aside, why do we still have some guy swinging a sword and wearing medieval armour? Furthermore why not apply magic scientifcally e.g. Repeating Crossbows or magic flame throwers as mentioned in such places as David Weber's Hell's Gate series?

Maybe this Alchemist speculation should spin off into it's own thread? We know the 3rd character is a female gunslinger but the fourth character is pretty much a total mystery. I'm guessing male for balance but it could be a Droog for all I know.

Hmmm... I would have to disagree with you on the bronze tube. It looks disproportionately large in comparison to the swirling ball to be the neck of a bottle, and looks as though his arm is going through the middle of it. To me it does look like it could be some kind of special bracer that somehow helps him in using his magical ability. It really is hard to tell, though.

In regards to flamethrowers and the like, that would actually be very traditional with Dungeon Siege to begin with. In the first game there were mini guns, flame throwers, tesla guns, repeating crossbows, and even chicken guns... To be honest, the fact that the ranged character uses guns, and that people in Ehb are trading openly with the goblins makes me think that players will be able to use their more steam punk-ish weaponry. Just.... For the love of god, I hope they don't put gun blades into the game. =P