What you did today

Gorth

Why be paranoid when the evidence suggests that you are a pan-gender lurve god.

Enjoy it while you can.

I'm a 32 year old lean, bookish , bespectacled individual.. with a receding hairline that at least is holding steady enough that I'm the first male of my dad's side of the family to not actually be bald before 30. I need a haircut, half the time I have a few days stubble, and my usual casual wear for moving around the village is comfortable black jeans, a light shirt over darktshirt..and a harley davidson leather jacket. >_<

While I can be charming and personable.. I know I'm not a visual lurve god. Hence.. Paranoia.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm guessing that those "comfortable black jeans" have a large hole in the posterior that he hasn't noticed yet.

The cage door is open, but the beast sleeps, baby.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm awaiting the Blizzard that's supposed to hit when I'm on duty keeping the Railroad's switches free of ice and snow. Tonight is going to be an interesting night.

Joe, why in my mind's eye do I have the opening sequence of Die Hard Six: Die Hardest But on a Train coagulating in my imagination right now? Watch out for ex-Spetznatz mercenary commando drug-dealing nuke stealing bad-asses hiding in the bushes wearing NVGs. OK?

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm awaiting the Blizzard that's supposed to hit when I'm on duty keeping the Railroad's switches free of ice and snow. Tonight is going to be an interesting night.

Joe, why in my mind's eye do I have the opening sequence of Die Hard Six: Die Hardest But on a Train coagulating in my imagination right now? Watch out for ex-Spetznatz mercenary commando drug-dealing nuke stealing bad-asses hiding in the bushes wearing NVGs. OK?

Isn't that Under Siege 2?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So, we didn't get any snow. We were enjoy 60mph wind gusts. Though, my hometown wasn't supposed to get hit by the blizzard, but they got 2 inches of freezing rain. It turned to 1"+ of ice. It was them nicely blanketed by wet snow that stacked over 5". My ex and my brother [separately] both called me to get them unstuck or if they could crash at my place.

I'm glad they pay attention to what I tell them regarding my work schedule. I told my ex "Sure, I'll be there in a couple of minutes." and I proceeded to ignore her calls afterwards.

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

not too shabby a day

organised to go see the gf this weekend, then got a phone call about a job interview on tuesday

from the sounds of things, it's a pretty sure thing ^_^

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm supposed to take a bunch of 8th graders to Yosemite next week, but the storms have been pretty rough up there and it might get cancelled. There was another school there this week that was evacuated and apparently it took them 10 hours to get home, it is normally about a 4 hour drive.

The power is out in Yosemite Valley and the roads are closed, but today is supposed to be the last bad storm day, so hopefully it will lear enough for us to go.

I'm supposed to take a bunch of 8th graders to Yosemite next week, but the storms have been pretty rough up there and it might get cancelled. There was another school there this week that was evacuated and apparently it took them 10 hours to get home, it is normally about a 4 hour drive.

The power is out in Yosemite Valley and the roads are closed, but today is supposed to be the last bad storm day, so hopefully it will lear enough for us to go.

So.. not a good idea to lose any of the most irritating class members out in the wilderness? -_-

Hm, now after a batch of bad memory anniversaries over the last couple of months, I think I'm back to a pretty even keel. But I've been thinking bout things and kind of realised that while I have a knack for being partially flippant and stereotypically English in dealing with life, the universe and everything... I can't seem to think of much that really has me upbeat and happy in my life. More things that provide momentary pushes of curiousity, amusement and the odd distraction.

Which kind of makes me ponder on things, how many people on the forums here can look at their life and say that yes, they have several things in their life, that pretty much keeps them happy day to day? That thing that can put a smile on your face, and gives you that warm glow to the soul?

Or is that just the worn-down melodromatic romantic in me that feels there should be something in your life that does that? :sorcerer:

Edited by Raithe

This week I learned how to upload .flv videos on my own websites that ppl can view. Not streaming, but today's high speed internet makes progressive downloading not too terrible. Fed up w/YouTube & wanted to get away from them as much as is feasible. But I have no idea what kind of strain even small video stuff has on shared server hosting so I emailed my host.

It's been 2.5 years since I've had to contact him since I hardly do anything anymore (he's a very tiny, personalized host vs. cheap/mass market company). But he still responds lightning fast, remembered who I was, upgraded some stuff I was asking about for free, and from the sound of it, any paltry video use I might do wouldn't be a problem/need a dedicated server so I'm golden (for now).

I love that man. Something like 7-8years with the guy...don't care if it costs more, I love love love him.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Insomnia induced hallucinations while driving makes it difficult. Especially when there are very faint glowing snakes that race through your vision. Driving in the north woods it's especially scary because I keep thinking I'm seeing the reflections of deer retinas.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Which kind of makes me ponder on things, how many people on the forums here can look at their life and say that yes, they have several things in their life, that pretty much keeps them happy day to day? That thing that can put a smile on your face, and gives you that warm glow to the soul?

weirtdly, yet honestly, I can say that I had been about to post something of that very sort. My source is fried black pudding, a sunny day, improving physical health, and plenty to do. And Verdi.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Very strange. I have had the exact same thoughts recently. I don't have anything that makes me get up in the morning, except my job. And naked girls.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Waffles. Cheeseburgers. Fajitas. Dwarf Fortress. Daily Show. Stargate Universe on Blu-Ray. The Slayers. Shrimp flavor Ramen.

Life is good.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest The Architect

Waffles. Cheeseburgers. Fajitas. Dwarf Fortress. Daily Show. Stargate Universe on Blu-Ray. The Slayers. Shrimp flavor Ramen.

Life is good.

YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME YOU JERK.

Crushing my enemies. Plotting new ways to crush my enemies. Reviewing how the last spate of crushing went. Maintaining my Excel spreadsheet of enemies.

This, along with industrial quantities of alcohol, makes me happy.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Spouse.

Pets.

When something you're working on turns out well.

My pseudo tech-geeking.

Photography.

A good won ton soup on a rainy day.

Standing by the gas wall heater on a cold morning until the skin on your back feels like it's going to burn off.

Anything task-oriented that keeps the mind busy & has an end result. (which doesn't include TV).

It's all a state of mind. Or chemicals. Some days everything seems to please me, and then other days, even tho nothing is different/nothing has "happened," everything seems to make me grumpy. Watching the heavy wind & rain today feels exhilarating & inspiring, but yesterday I was annoyed by the rain because I was running errands & wishing for summer. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I get up, go about my day and stuff happens. I don't pretend to understand any of it.

I go to sleep and in my dreams, stuff happens. I don't pretend to understand any of that either.

Life is what you make of it. Do you want a half full glass or half empty glass? It is up to you.

Also, I like fuzzy kittens. Awwww...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

In the past I have justified continued existence by the hope of Mass Effect 3. Once that comes out... Well I'm sure by then there will be another game that I can put my dreams into.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.