Assassin's Creed 1 & Uncharted 1

Pope

AsCreed 1 is garbage. AsCreed 2 is pretty decent, then it gets repetitive and irreversibly boring around the half way mark. Let me spoil the ending, because it really is *something*

The end boss fight has you dukeing it out with the Pope, wielding an enormous cross. I kid you not. And you hold off killing him, the mastermind behind all the other murderous shenanigans against your family, because, well, he's the pope, that would be controversial. 2 minutes later you find out it was really aliens.

Your char goes 'the ****', and that's it, credit roll.

The ending of AsCreed 2 is pretty weak, but i'm going to disagree with you regarding AC. It was pretty innovative experience right off the bat, just think of how many games offer you the chance to run around Jerusalem during the crusades. AC had it's faults; mainly the repetitive nature of the progression and AC2 had them too to an extent, but I wouldn't put it off as garbage.

If you can deal with large moments of lethargy when going from point A to B, and don't mind it then you won't have a problem with either Uncharted or AC. That said I did like AC better than Uncharted, mainly because of the combat system which is another of the high points.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I also recommend Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2 if you're into action games.

I was going to ask about these.

Anyone else have experience with Ninja Gaiden? Is it a constant hack & slash, or is it more like God of War (i.e. mixed with some puzzling)?

It's not quite like GoW. It's more go from point A to B killing everything in your path. There aren't any puzzles aside from a few jumping segments. Actually you can look at the combat like a puzzle. It's fun to figure out which weapon and moveset works the best against certain enemies. It takes some practice and skill to really get into the flow of things but once you reach a certain level, it's a joy to play.

I love when people are saying "this game is wasting my time". No ****? What do the other games do then? Give you time? Give you money? A blowjob?

Games are, by design, supposed to waste your time.

mmm?

Feeling a tad cranky today, are we? :p

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.