System requirements

According to steam I got this for the system requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz or equivalent

Memory: 1.5 GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3870 or NVIDIA 9800 GT

DirectX

High? A three and half years old graphics card that is available today for 90 bucks doesn't seem particularly high to me.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

There aren't many games with a 2.5Ghz C2Duo as minimum. That's more than I technically have, though I have had my ancient e6400 overclocked to faster than that.

On the other hand a 9800GT is just a rebadged late model 8800GT so it's technically a five (?) year old graphics card.

There aren't many games with a 2.5Ghz C2Duo as minimum. That's more than I technically have, though I have had my ancient e6400 overclocked to faster than that.

On the other hand a 9800GT is just a rebadged late model 8800GT so it's technically a five (?) year old graphics card.

When I said three years old I was talking about the 8800GT.

Regarding the processor required, for starters, the CPU is usually never the bottleneck, and secondly it's just a 300 Mhz difference to the Witcher 2, which is meaningless.

In any case, these days, PC game performance is more contingent on your intended screen resolution than on anything else. If a game runs on a console, it should run on any gaming PC of the past 2 or 3 years.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So I guess I should look up how to overclock my ancient e6400...

It's easy, even I can do it. Whether the miniscule performance increase is worth it, on the other hand...

When I said three years old I was talking about the 8800GT.

Yeah my bad, I was thinking of the 4 1/2 year old 8800gts/x and forgot they had an extra letter. 8800GT is 3 1/2 years old.

If I buy a Radeon 6990 or a Geforce GTX 590, I expect to be able to strain it with this game Obsidian :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If I buy a Radeon 6990 or a Geforce GTX 590, I expect to be able to strain it with this game Obsidian :bat:

Hey, you can still strain it with NWN2 if worse comes to worse :sorcerer:

haha, that was really funny. :o

Also I have a GTS 450 at the moment, I couldn't go for a 460 GTX due to my STUPID PSU and my inability to spend enough money to replace it and also get a new GPU along with it.

So I hope it at least runs relatively well. ;(

I would be insanely happy about maxing it but I don't think it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...