how bad are the bugs / gameplay problems

I like the excellent roleplaying, interactivity and dialogue that Obsidian creates, but I like gameplay to be decent enough to not drive you crazy or detract from the game. I don't have a problem with AP relying more on character build than reflexes, that is my preference with RPGs actually.

My question is, how bad are the bugs and gameplay problems described by almost every review of AP? Are they exaggerated, is the game still a good game to play through?

Thanks.

Played the game twice and only experienced one bug. I reloaded during a mission and all enemies were gone. Others have had plenty of bugs. But most people I know in real life had the same luck as me. All of us played the Xbox 360 version.

I've said this about 1 billion times already: The game was my 2010 GOTY.

On xbox I encountered the enemies disappearing bug few times (fixed now, I think) and one really weird death animation for an enemy. Other than that, not so bright A.I and cover system that might annoy some people.

Overall I think Alpha Protocol was one of the best games last year.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Well, I think that gameplay sucks, because covering system isn't working properly, animations aren't so good and you don't have any interaction with the environment. It's just poor when you compare shooting to Gears of War or sneaking to Splinter Cell.

I say this: be ready for the worst and you may actually be surprised. :'P

But it's nothing, for me it's the best game since Deus Ex and I completed it something about 15 times. Those dialogs, characters, consequences... it's all worth it.

Sorry for my english, it's not so good.

It's just poor when you compare shooting to Gears of War

Which is where most of the complains come from. People expect a shooter like that.

Although if you don't step in with such moronic expectations, there is nothing wrong with the shooting system. Just aim a while (you know, like Deus Ex) instead of trying to mow down everything rapdily in a row like in these games and you'll be fine.

Definitely less bug ridden and more fun for me than ME2. And yeah, GOTY 2010 for me too.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The definition of bugs differs wildly around here, as does their occurrence. In addition to whatever technical bugs, be aware that there is a whole bunch of graphical glitches which may or may not annoy you and some of the possible weapon paths are arguably all but useless.

And Mike is kind of a ****, but I guess that's a feature :p