Dragon Age 2

Gorth

As for game sales, remember that at least 50% of the games now are being sold via download services such as D2D, EADownloader, Gamer's Gate, etc. ME2's 1.2 million could easily be just half of maybe 1/3 of all games sold...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Bio fixes engine.

Wait... it got worse, didn't it?

Or did I just imagine a graphical decline.

Sure I used lowest graphics, but so did I with DA:O. :ermm:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I was thinking about doing a Let's Play.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Re: engine getting worse:

No.

/Vol channeling.

Art direction could be worse this time around (because y'all were bitching about how "generic" it was, they decided to replace "generic" with butt-ugly), but with the DX11 stuff they have implemented, there's some pretty cool bits.

I vote for Nepenthe providing us with a Let's Play of DA2.

Yeah, I don't particularly care for codifying my gaming experience. Then I'd have to be objective instead of just (subjectively) enjoy whatever I'm doing. Which pretty much describes what I do for a living now, so no, thanks. :ermm:

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

By the way, if any DA2 players could post their favourite bits of epic Bio dialogue for the delectation of the forum I would be grateful. You might be astonished to learn that I am giving this meisterwerk a miss, but am still strangely compelled.

sonsofgygax.JPG

You can see some gameplay in yesterday's dev chat: http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/ (Drag Age 2 Dev Chat #2)

I'm sure you'll enjoy looking down at it superciliously, if nothing else. :ermm:

For those actually interested, it shows the preorder DLC and also the combat and a little bit of how difficulty level affects it (it's not just opponents getting tougher, but changes to what the opponents are).

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

By the way, if any DA2 players could post their favourite bits of epic Bio dialogue for the delectation of the forum I would be grateful. You might be astonished to learn that I am giving this meisterwerk a miss, but am still strangely compelled.

Teaser:

iwanttobeadragonage.png

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Art direction could be worse this time around (because y'all were bitching about how "generic" it was, they decided to replace "generic" with butt-ugly), but with the DX11 stuff they have implemented, there's some pretty cool bits.

I vote for Nepenthe providing us with a Let's Play of DA2.

Yeah, I don't particularly care for codifying my gaming experience. Then I'd have to be objective instead of just (subjectively) enjoy whatever I'm doing. Which pretty much describes what I do for a living now, so no, thanks. :ermm:

You must be getting us confused with the BioBoards.

I loved DA:O art direction, I don't particularly see why the need to be original when something works. Plus is not like DA2 visuals are that original.

I second the motion of him doing a Let's Play

For the Lulz

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Teaser:

iwanttobeadragonage.png

His eyes, wtf?

Dude, it's from an official EA shareholder release. There's no question as to its accuracy.

[Edit links, first showing that DAO shipped 2.7million, second showing they then shipped an extra 500k, illustrating the fact that at the very least the vast majority of the 2.7 million must have sold:

Dude, and you are comparing the shipped to sale through. That number (2.7 million) is comparable to at least 3 million for ME2 (and they shipped even MORE later...some estimate upwards of that). For actual sales you are comparing it's 1.3 million to 1.6 million...DUDE.

No, that 2.7 million is equivalent to... the 2 million shipped figure you linked to earlier (and which never got a "we've shipped more!" announcement), not some 3 million figure that materialised out of the ether.

If you ship 2.7 million, then another 500k it's a fair assumption that the vast majority of that 2.7 million sold* as the alternative is saying that EA likes producing stock destined to sit around in warehouses- that's why you can fairly compare the 2.7 million shipped with a sell through figure, as I said in the original post. If we want to get picky about things then I could just add a [citation needed] after every one of your figures since I did actually provide links. Simple fact is that EA is bound by law to release accurate figures. They said they sold in 2 million copies of ME2 and sold through 1.6 million. That has to be, legally, as accurate a representation as it can be. NPD (presumably where you are getting the comparison from as they do US only figures; if it's VGChartz then I'll have a quiet laugh at the wasted time and move on) does not have to be accurate by law, and their figures are indicative and based in part on estimation and survey.

*Alternatively, if you like maths, 2 million shipped (confirmed) -> 1.6 million sold (confirmed) therefore 3.2 million shipped (confirmed) -> 2.6 million sold (speculation; still a cool million above ME2 though, and matches well with most of the initial 2.7 million having been sold...)

I've heard (not from EA at all, or even official Bioware statements, or even NON-Official Bioware statements) that Bioware DID say DA:O was the best selling game they ever had (which could be where the foreign markets come in) in the Summer of last year...but the US numbers don't seem to indicate that.

It's hardly difficult to find, first page of a google search.

"Rob Bartel, the principal designer at BioWare, has told MCV that last year

Teaser:

iwanttobeadragonage.png

Resident Evil meets Dragon Age?

deicideLogo5.jpg

"Rob Bartel, the principal designer at BioWare, has told MCV that last year

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

folks gotta learns to be more careful and far more cynical.

I must say that I find the cynicism of this forum delightful.

It's like a cold shower of truth to remove the remains of the lukewarm gelatin baths that are the bioware and bethesda fora.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I don't know, at least Bay had Megan Fox wearing a pair of Daisy Dukes in one of his movies.
You don't think if they made a game in a setting where that could work, they'd try?

Yvonne Strahovski:

MassEffect22010-01-2922-29-37-06.jpg

INVESTIGATE, dammit!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.