Hunters

Nightshape

Hunters is a game being made by a small iPhone/iPad developer called Rodeo Games.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/02/22/hunters-...nds-on-preview/

It looks kinda neat, and I know a bunch of you folks enjoy your turn based gaming so I thought I'd share, see what you people think... I may even buy an iPad for it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

wake me up when it comes out on a system not made by apple

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Give the guys a break, eh? iPhone is sometimes the only platform start-ups can afford to even attempt development on.

• 1 month later...
wake me up when it comes out on a system not made by apple

Pretty much.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't think they're planning on an Andriod version, well based off interviews I've read... Surely someone who is a turn based fan has played this on iPhone.

Don't you know? On these forums, noone actually bothers to play the few turn based games that are released. They are content with writing the same bitter BS over and over about how their turn based games of old have been raped by Bethesda. Throw in a little whiny crying about how they wish the latest AAA titles (which they still buy and play!) had turn based combat too and you've pretty much covered 90% of all posts on here.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Don't you know? On these forums, noone actually bothers to play the few turn based games that are released. They are content with writing the same bitter BS over and over about how their turn based games of old have been raped by Bethesda. Throw in a little whiny crying about how they wish the latest AAA titles (which they still buy and play!) had turn based combat too and you've pretty much covered 90% of all posts on here.

i agree with this, it is describing me very well too.

Have i missed out on a really great turn based game released in the last few years? one with the epic story and C&C and great dialogue of say fallout 1? no? the world and character of final fantasy 7? not that either?

turn based combat for me is not THE reason to play a game, its just my preferred method of combat in a game that would otherwise be great no matter the combat system.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Have i missed out on a really great turn based game released in the last few years? one with the epic story and C&C and great dialogue of say fallout 1? no? the world and character of final fantasy 7? not that either?

turn based combat for me is not THE reason to play a game, its just my preferred method of combat in a game that would otherwise be great no matter the combat system.

Too true. Otherwise Temple of Elemental Evil would have been one of the best games ever made.

Too true. Otherwise Temple of Elemental Evil would have been one of the best games ever made.

AAAAGH! You just reminded me I was going to download BG 1+2 and Arcanum from GoG.

In the absnece of a girlfriend this has made this weekend about as good as it could get. Unless I head out and buy some more whisky. Hm....

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

AAAAGH! You just reminded me I was going to download BG 1+2 and Arcanum from GoG.

In the absnece of a girlfriend this has made this weekend about as good as it could get. Unless I head out and buy some more whisky. Hm....

I have whisky... I'm drinking it.

• 1 year later...

This may be a bit of a necro post, and rodeo have since released a sequel of Hunters (aptly named Hunters 2) on iOS device, but they're bringing Android very soon - I thought some people may wish to know.

Rodeo Games are turning out to be one of the best micro-dev's in the UK (Turn-based RPG's) - I know what they have in the pipe next! Obviously I cannot and will not talk about it, but it's going to make a splash. So I'm hoping some folks will keep an eye on it.

I also know they have some long term plans which may see them hit other platforms in the years to come. So I implore you, support this developer.