Endgame content?

From venkman90 on penny arcade

Any word on an "endgame"? Loot crawlers need high level cool **** to do (TL, TL2, D2, D3) be it an infinite dungeon / random generated levels / boss farming / high level cap...

I'm also interested in the answer. And I don't think this is something that gets always shown.

Edited by C2B

I to would like to know this. I know there is multiple difficulty levels but do they require higher level characters? Like d2/sacred where you can play through multiple times and advance your character each time?

I hope so as this would add to the replay value of the game.

Edited by rc deaths agent

I to would like to know this. I know there is multiple difficulty levels but do they require higher level characters? Like d2/sacred where you can play through multiple times and advance your character each time?

This ^

Random dungeons aren't really from this time anymore. There are random dungeons in Torchlight, but I didn't like it at all. Doesn't matter how random you make the dungeons, you will always get bored of the same areas over and over again. The system in DS1 and DS2 was fair enough (with the 3 modes). Adds some playability, whenever you feel like you want to play it again, you can just start it on a higher mode.

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

I'm sure I read here that 30 is the maximum level for your character. That being the case the 20 hours of gameplay must be all you can do with one character. No unlockable harder difficulty settings would be my guess. Plus you can't respec so if you discover you've stuffed your build it's game over. Still makes for 20 hours sword melee playing plus 20 hours of spear melee playing plus a bit of fire plus 20 hours of target practice with the gun girl plus 20 hours of the unknown character. I was thinking a mage but given magic seems to be getting shunted in favour of tech it struck me that maybe the final class is actually an alchemist - He\She\It is holding a glass container. Maybe something akin to Angel but with the focus on poison potions and the like perhaps?

Edited by Lord Elvewyn

I'm sure I read here that 30 is the maximum level for your character. That being the case the 20 hours of gameplay must be all you can do with one character. No unlockable harder difficulty settings would be my guess. Plus you can't respec so if you discover you've stuffed your build it's game over. Still makes for 20 hours sword melee playing plus 20 hours of spear melee playing plus a bit of fire plus 20 hours of target practice with the gun girl plus 20 hours of the unknown character. I was thinking a mage but given magic seems to be getting shunted in favour of tech it struck me that maybe the final class is actually an alchemist - He\She\It is holding a glass container. Maybe something akin to Angel but with the focus on poison potions and the like perhaps?

Level 30 is kinda low imo. Especially if you can attain it in 20 hours. Verry low infact. I hope it takes longer than that to max out a character, atleast in multiplayer.