Achievements

I only hope for ones:

Beat the game in the hardest Dif. Setting.

Reach Max Level.

Beat the game with every selectable character.

With those I will be happy!!

Unlocking a harder difficulty settings would be fine but there's no point in having achievments. Given there's no classes and gear is purchased\looted what benefits could you get from them? They'd be a bother. And lets keep clear of Steam :( I've had DS3 on preorder for a bit, but I can always cancel it if the news is bad. Forcing online registration\achievement etc is definitely bad. It's possible to get some games that have had this bug worked around but then there's possible legal issues though not ethical ones. Mass Effect and Team Fortress used achivements well I understand but they had\have useful bonuses and are different styles so can't be compared to DS3.

I don't really see what's so horrible in "forcing" achievements. Don't like them? Just ignore them. That's what I always did.

I meant online achievments. If it's offline you can ignore them, unless they actually give you bonuses in which case they're probably worthwhile pursuing. If they're online though it makes running an offline version more problematic. This clearer?

When I had to use Steam for FNV I noticed that on offline mode I wouldn't get any achievements.

They are pointless anyway, so I was just glad I wasn't bombarded with obnoxious in-game YOU HAVE ACHIEVED! messages.

If you mean tying achievements to tangible benefits, yes, I hope they don't do that.

When I had to use Steam for FNV I noticed that on offline mode I wouldn't get any achievements.

They are pointless anyway, so I was just glad I wasn't bombarded with obnoxious in-game YOU HAVE ACHIEVED! messages.

If you mean tying achievements to tangible benefits, yes, I hope they don't do that.

I was trying to say I want to be able to play DS3 without an internet connection, hence my opposiiton to Steam\online achievements.

If unlocking achivements gives you something, better weapons, more damage, new powers etc, then I could appreciate them and would try and unlock them. If it's just a badge then it's pointless goal setting.

=> "Yay I unlocked the gold circle with the 2 green dots".

"Cool how'd you get that"?

" I edited a .txt file".

I don't personally mind achievements. I think some might make a certain aspects to a game more frustrating than they're worth but they do give a certain air of accomplishment once you get them. Also, sometimes the harder-to-get ones give an incentive to try (especially if friends have them) and in a bizarre way add to the longevity of a game.

But yeah, they're nice if you want them and you can just as easily ignore them if you don't :3

• 4 weeks later...

I just wish achievements were just that, achievements. I don't want an achievement for something I am forced to do to even play the game (ie. creating my character, completing a main story quest, etc.). I also don't want achievements that require me to grind something in the game, uselessly.

Crackdown had some clever achievements that actually felt like achievements. Stuff like "Climb the highest point in the city" or "Fall 500+ m. and survive". Difficult, but fun and encouraging exploration and inventiveness.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm...I think that's a Square question...

In an article I read, it stated there would be more than achievements and trophies. Which leads me to believe you get in-game items or power-ups. Personally I'd like a power-up.

http://www.destructoid.com/obsidian-explai...ns-195120.phtml

"Achievements and Trophies earned in multiplayer are still saved to your profile as normal and there are additional awards that you can only receive from playing in a multiplayer co-operative game."

Either way, I like achievements. Rather it be lame or great. This game is cool and if my laptop can play it, then I will get it. I am boycotting Diablo 3 after all because of it's satanic theme and name. And yes I know DS3 is a lil bad too, but it's a lil better than way demonic.

Edited by pacific1990

Either way, I like achievements. Rather it be lame or great. This game is cool and if my laptop can play it, then I will get it. I am boycotting Diablo 3 after all because of it's satanic theme and name. And yes I know DS3 is a lil bad too, but it's a lil better than way demonic.

Boycotting quite possibly the greatest game of all time because of it's name is probably not the best idea.

• 2 weeks later...
The great part of the gamers want to have an achievements when they have their favourite games on steam account. Someone from devs team can tell us what about DS III achievements?

I don't know why, but I'm much more addicted to Xbox achivements than to steam achivements. I don't feel the competition with my homies in steam... What do you think of it?

Maby it's cause the cool achivement comparison in Xbox live...

• 2 weeks later...