GameBanshee preview and interview

I like the consistency with Lord Gunderick's attacks : he is a former member of the Legion, and hence knows and uses the same Legion fighting style than Lucas :lol: . In a little bit more efficient for some of them, it seems.

EDIT : I have a problem with one specific point : Buck said that only melee combat enables Anjali to refill her Will, which contradicts claims by the developer that all 'base' attacks refill the Will of a character (in Anjali's case while transformed, her fireballs). And I've looked at one of the multiple videos that are online right now, and I'm sure that I've seen Anjali refill her Will bar with attacks with her fireballs! So Nathaniel or anyone else, could you clear this up please?

Edited by Sannom

I like the consistency with Lord Gunderick's attacks : he is a former member of the Legion, and hence knows and uses the same Legion fighting style than Lucas :lol: . In a little bit more efficient for some of them, it seems.

EDIT : I have a problem with one specific point : Buck said that only melee combat enables Anjali to refill her Will, which contradicts claims by the developer that all 'base' attacks refill the Will of a character (in Anjali's case while transformed, her fireballs). And I've looked at one of the multiple videos that are online right now, and I'm sure that I've seen Anjali refill her Will bar with attacks with her fireballs! So Nathaniel or anyone else, could you clear this up please?

Any base attack (including fireballs!) will replenish a bit of Focus.

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

I keep getting the feeling that with co-op Obsidian just made bad decisions period. For a game that sells itself on that, I'm baffled as to why they wouldn't support that kind of crowd. ;(

? Just,.... no. In its current way it works like a lot of other co-op games. Differently in cases even. I fail to see whats really that horrible about it. From what I understand its about a feature thats not really that unlimited standard everyone thinks it is. Not to mention the actual game (which has far more involved Co-op than most titles) wouldn't really work with the option suggested.

Also its still talking about Local co-op. Seriously, I get the feeling people only play local with complete strangers they only have one session with apparently according to the critisism.

Also, considering this. What "cut" features are you talking about WUE?

Edited by C2B

? Just,.... no. In its current way it works like a lot of other co-op games. Differently in cases even. I fail to see whats really that horrible about it. From what I understand its about a feature thats not really that unlimited standard everyone thinks it is. Not to mention the actual game (which has far more involved Co-op than most titles) wouldn't really work with the option suggested.

Also its still talking about Local co-op. Seriously, I get the feeling people only play local with complete strangers they only have one session with apparently according to the critisism.

Also, considering this. What "cut" features are you talking about WUE?

Was mostly talking about the action RPG crowd, which evidently has different expectations from casual co-op gamers. I mean, I understand the difficulties involved with a story-driven game without scaled content (then again, if the game is focused on co-op, all design decision should be taken while also thinking about co-op, right?) but at least a bonus or something to co-op players would be nice.

And yeah, it's just for local, true, which reduces the problem, though, if people have a separate character for online multiplayer it makes you wonder what's so problematic about doing that in local co-op. But whatever.

As for cut features, I was talking about Bioware and their latest design approach, shown with Dragon Age and Mass Effect and their sequels.

(then again, if the game is focused on co-op, all design decision should be taken while also thinking about co-op, right?)

BUT THEY ARE.

Did you watch the gameplay videos? There is even a voting system in conversations that (while the host has the final decisions) apparently can net you gameplay bonuses/changes, not to mention all the other shebangs like classes whos playstyle compliment each other. Its a full grade co-op game and goes even further than most other games.

2011 i don't understand why companies still can't get co-op right, or just have no idea or don't care what gamers want.

Because this isn't how it works? Because the gameplay system has different co-op to begin with?

Man, I feel like in Bizzaro world when Destructoid of all people actually has the most factual preview regarding a certain aspect..

What exactly is the problem here on local basis?

I think the problem is more with people interpreting the whole thing wrong.

Edited by C2B

Even though I look forward to checking out how crazy the action gets with four players running around, I'm still concerned about the way the co-op works. I'd prefer to have my loot, ability build and progress saved while playing in someone else's game. Does that sound reasonable or am I being too picky?

*Facepalm*

Ok, I'll stop. Please people continue to ignore what we actually know about co-op so far or how the games content is actually focused regarding the co-op experience/gameplay.

We'll see when the game comes out.

Edit: Sorry, but from all I've read here it has become less about the games actual co-op content and more about a superficial choice regarding local co-op. Secondary Charachters for online co-op are a proved value regarding co-op so I don't really see what exactly the problem is.

Edited by C2B

Even though I look forward to checking out how crazy the action gets with four players running around, I'm still concerned about the way the co-op works. I'd prefer to have my loot, ability build and progress saved while playing in someone else's game. Does that sound reasonable or am I being too picky?

*Facepalm*

Ok, I'll stop. Please people continue to ignore what we actually know about co-op so far or how the games content is actually focused regarding the co-op experience/gameplay.

We'll see when the game comes out.

I didnt get it. Are you saying all these recent PAX previews are not really certain about how online co-op will work?

That quote above is from IGN...look at the title of the preview:

"Taking Dungeon Siege III Online

Looting with friends.

March 11, 2011"

I am sure we can have fun with this kind of co-op, but I am also sure it was not the best decision.While I like the ability to, as a co-op player, point out the answer I likie most in dialogues, I certainly don

I didnt get it. Are you saying all these recent PAX previews are not really certain about how online co-op will work?

Looting with friends.

March 11, 2011"

I am sure we can have fun with this kind of co-op, but I am also sure it was not the best decision.While I like the ability to, as a co-op player, point out the answer I likie most in dialogues, I certainly don

Edited by C2B

Looting with friends.

March 11, 2011"

My only problem is with Obsidian / Squenix themselves for not coming out and clearing this up, because at this point pretty much every preview is either guessing (then admitting they aren't sure later), or limiting themselves to local coop, or just being outdated / being vague. Your links actually support this rafoca - the IGN previewer has clearly just had a go with some demo of DS3 then written things up based on what he's seen, but he doesn't even seem aware that he might not have the full picture.

Maybe if they said explicitly "we've been told by Obsidian this is for all coop", but until then... seriously, IGN/Gamespot are people that think Obsidian is called 'Oblivion'. No preview has been "clear" about online/local coop *and* backed its claims up properly, because Obsidian / Squenix have not provided concrete info yet.

My only problem is with Obsidian / Squenix themselves for not coming out and clearing this up, because at this point pretty much every preview is either guessing (then admitting they aren't sure later), or limiting themselves to local coop, or just being outdated / being vague. Your links actually support this rafoca - the IGN previewer has clearly just had a go with some demo of DS3 then written things up based on what he's seen, but he doesn't even seem aware that he might not have the full picture.

Maybe if they said explicitly "we've been told by Obsidian this is for all coop", but until then... seriously, IGN/Gamespot are people that think Obsidian is called 'Oblivion'. No preview has been "clear" about online/local coop *and* backed its claims up properly, because Obsidian / Squenix have not provided concrete info yet.

Yeah, pretty much. I hope they come out with all things regarding Mulitplayer as soon as possible. Stretching it out for the sake of promotion doesn't work anymore and just hurts the game.

Yeah, pretty much. I hope they come out with all things regarding Mulitplayer as soon as possible. Stretching it out for the sake of promotion doesn't work anymore and just hurts the game.

Would be nice yeah. Thing is, it's pretty ****** up that one badly written previews starts all this. When no real info has been given with the exception of that Destructoid interview.

Hate the living, love the dead.

True. Thats why i said i hope they have a true multiplayer game mode. All this co-op stuff is confusing, and as you mentioned no one from obsidian seems to worried about comming on here and clearing it up for us. Until then we're stuck with rumors and half played demo previews and such to speculate on. It's not really our fault.

True. Thats why i said i hope they have a true multiplayer game mode. All this co-op stuff is confusing, and as you mentioned no one from obsidian seems to worried about comming on here and clearing it up for us.

I'm pretty sure they can't. The previewers themselves had NDA's for the co-op stuff and the slow revelaing information is marketing strategy. Which is good and all but since the information caused confusion it turned into a complete mind****. The word here has Square and I hope SED will read this so they can go over that stuff again to clear it up.

You do keep loot and exp in online mode if I understand correctly. You can take that back to your own online campaign. I wish Obsidian could simply confirm this to stop further confusion. I know a lot of people on other forums who are interested in the game, but they won't believe me when I tell them that you can keep loot and exp in online mode. This has made them unsure of getting the game, because they trust the previews out there, and there is no official explanations. This is not good for the game, imho. I understand this might be part of marketing, slowly revealing new info until the game releases, but online co-op info really needs to be released very soon, because it is the reason more than a few people are unsure if they will be getting the game or not.

You do keep loot and exp in online mode if I understand correctly. You can take that back to your own online campaign. I wish Obsidian could simply confirm this to stop further confusion. I know a lot of people on other forums who are interested in the game, but they won't believe me when I tell them that you can keep loot and exp in online mode. This has made them unsure of getting the game, because they trust the previews out there, and there is no official explanations. This is not good for the game, imho. I understand this might be part of marketing, slowly revealing new info until the game releases, but online co-op info really needs to be released very soon, because it is the reason more than a few people are unsure if they will be getting the game or not.

Surely it'd pertain only to the Co-Op game? If not you could start an easy Co-Op game max out your inventory gold etc then cart the trash & treasure back to a hard-core campaign. Isn't that borderline cheating or something? Okay persistent characters would work if we could get high level characters, DS1's Level 150 or DS2's 60 (I think) but DS3 is only going up to 20 or 30 right? How much persistence is required? Worst case scenario you max out the character in 2 play throughs.