Dragon Age 2

Darque

this is the only board I like reading and interacting with. Every once in a while I go read the bethsoft boards for a few minutes and marvel at how much inanity gets discussed, and even more rarely i will look at bioboards for all of 2 minutes before my mind starts collapsing on itself.

Here we get a regular group of consistent posters who are capable at least on occasion of something resembling coherent discussion. My only wish is that there were a few more posters here like tale, myself, and a few others who play games from most genres and on both PC and console.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Yeah, the Bio boards are evenly split between the bat**** crazy Dragon Age relationship simulationists and the Mass Effect "If I don't feel like I'm getting enough headshots I restart the level - this game totally blows because it doesn't have a headshot counter" (albeit with some 1337, worse grammar and typos tossed in) konsole kids (though I think that most of them are actually PC guys, no way anyone on a console gamepad can obsess about headshots).

Here we just have the princesses of gaming.

And please, the Bio boards were the same since before DAO came out. You're just high on nostalgia.

Also, I share Entrerix's wish - even if I can't really count myself into the group.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

A headshot counter would be neat. Alongside a "M-M-M-MONSTER KILL" announcer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My only wish is that there were a few more posters here like tale, myself, and a few others who play games from most genres and on both PC and console.

now you're asking too much :-

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

My only wish is that there were a few more posters here like tale, myself, and a few others who play games from most genres and on both PC and console.

We don't need more heretical scum trying to impurify the Master race!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And please, the Bio boards were the same since before DAO came out. You're just high on nostalgia.

No, there were a lot fewer posts, and a lot more regulars. Last time I was there I hardly recognized anybody, and threads move at the speed of light, as Morgoth said.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

A headshot counter would be neat. Alongside a "M-M-M-MONSTER KILL" announcer.

every single game would be better if it came with the Killer Instinct announcer guy to tell you whats happening.

kiss an npc in ME2?

M-M-M-M-MAXIMUM ROMANCE!!!!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Sigh, Bioware forums were a nice place before Mass Effect came out. Even then DAO forums were OK until they moved to the social disease.

Yes I used to post on their old Baldur's Gate series boards and they were fine too.

That's certainly going way back... I was a lurker back then.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

We don't need more heretical scum trying to impurify the Master race!

At last we agree, what's more, we agree violently.

And I am not a princess, punk, I'm a Diva. :-

sonsofgygax.JPG

am not gonna pile-on save to note that we stopped regular posting at bioware sometime after the dragon age development began to drag. pretty much every known game issue had been discussed to death, and bio couldn't (or wouldn't) give more info. the site got stale. then something strange happened. with the lack o' new game issues to be discussing, the stuff that became popular bio-board fodder were increasingly foreign to Gromnir: how would sex be implemented in da:o, gay romance, customizable footwear, etc.

time passed, but after mass effect 1 were released we made a brief reappearance to discuss some game development aspects... stuff we hoped bio would use/avoid in da:o. made some negative comments 'bout the dialogue wheel as implemented in me. we were promptly banned. were kinda surprised at how little we were bothered by the banning, but given how little we were posting there anyways...

*shrug*

also, most message boards communities develop an inexplicable esprit de corps mentality. "if you are not with us, then you are against us." is not just bio. regular posters can be critical o' (insert board sponsor here) but n00bs gets slammed pretty hard whenever a criticism is directed at (insert board sponsor here). obsidian boards community is perhaps small enough to avoid such nonsense... or maybe the posters and developers is simply more tolerant o' criticism. regardless, 'tween the ubiquitous romance threads and the We Are Bioware's Army nonsense, Gromnir holds no desire to post at the bio boards. is simply exhausting.

okay, it looks as if we went ahead and piled-on. oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Out of all forums on Bioware site only NWN1&2 are worth visiting, the rest is filled with hardcore crazies.

Sorry, but that just isn't true.

This is a small board packed with super-sized contrarians, we boast less esprit de corps than a 17th Century pirate shipped crossed with a Sven Hassel style punishment battalion. It's like a sack of slightly drunk rats. Most of us couldn't be bothered to hate each other, but with a slightly better diet and / or caffeine intake would.

Which is why it's a good forum. I love it. It's the Codex (lite) without the about-to-ascend-a-clocktower-with-a-hunting-rifle quotient.

Popularity breeds mediocrity, if that makes me an elitist backwoodsman then meh, mea culpa. Bioware is the living embodiment of that. The fanbase they've picked up buys their games in gazillions... what else do they need to worry about?

Cheerio

Monte

sonsofgygax.JPG

I take offense at everything you just said. My grandfather died that way.

What, on a pirate ship or in a punishment battalion? I'm so very sorry :: sobs :: then again it must be a brilliant anecdote for a dinner party or apres-work c0cktails.

sonsofgygax.JPG

What, on a pirate ship or in a punishment battalion? I'm so very sorry :: sobs :: then again it must be a brilliant anecdote for a dinner party or apres-work c0cktails.

Well, one day he was climbing up to the crow's nest of a 17th century pirate ship with his hunting rifle. That's when the backwoodsman came. Poor grandpa.

Which is why it's a good forum. I love it. It's the Codex (lite) without the about-to-ascend-a-clocktower-with-a-hunting-rifle quotient.

I shouldn't have found that funny. Really, I know I shouldn't. But I laughed, regardless.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

am not gonna pile-on save to note that we stopped regular posting at bioware sometime after the dragon age development began to drag. pretty much every known game issue had been discussed to death, and bio couldn't (or wouldn't) give more info. the site got stale. then something strange happened. with the lack o' new game issues to be discussing, the stuff that became popular bio-board fodder were increasingly foreign to Gromnir: how would sex be implemented in da:o, gay romance, customizable footwear, etc.

time passed, but after mass effect 1 were released we made a brief reappearance to discuss some game development aspects... stuff we hoped bio would use/avoid in da:o. made some negative comments 'bout the dialogue wheel as implemented in me. we were promptly banned. were kinda surprised at how little we were bothered by the banning, but given how little we were posting there anyways...

*shrug*

also, most message boards communities develop an inexplicable esprit de corps mentality. "if you are not with us, then you are against us." is not just bio. regular posters can be critical o' (insert board sponsor here) but n00bs gets slammed pretty hard whenever a criticism is directed at (insert board sponsor here). obsidian boards community is perhaps small enough to avoid such nonsense... or maybe the posters and developers is simply more tolerant o' criticism. regardless, 'tween the ubiquitous romance threads and the We Are Bioware's Army nonsense, Gromnir holds no desire to post at the bio boards. is simply exhausting.

okay, it looks as if we went ahead and piled-on. oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

BACK IN THE CAGE! Come on, come on little fella...

animal-testing-caged-monkey.jpg

"obsidian boards community is perhaps small enough to avoid such nonsense..."

Simply not true. Have you taken a gander at the AP forums? Or KOTOR2? It shouldm also be pointed out that some of Obsidian games don't even have forums here. Obsidian fanboys are no more or elss tyoelrant of other opinions than other boards. That's a fact jack and don't look back.

"Popularity breeds mediocrity, if that makes me an elitist backwoodsman then meh, mea culpa. Bioware is the living embodiment of that. The fanbase they've picked up buys their games in gazillions... what else do they need to worry about?"

What's hilarious about this asburd statement is the absolute silliness of it for multiple reasons. One is that one of BIO's best source of customers are the same internet geeks found here and at the Codex who trash them yet buy/play their games anyways. BIO's customer is basically the same as before with extra thrown in. BG2/NWN = justb under 3mil sold or so... ME2/DAO = slightly above 3mil sold.

*shrug*

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

awesome, even volourn is here to add to the love-fest for this board that the DA2 thread has blossomed into.

"obsidian boards community is perhaps small enough to avoid such nonsense..."

Simply not true. Have you taken a gander at the AP forums? Or KOTOR2? It shouldm also be pointed out that some of Obsidian games don't even have forums here. Obsidian fanboys are no more or elss tyoelrant of other opinions than other boards. That's a fact jack and don't look back.

"Popularity breeds mediocrity, if that makes me an elitist backwoodsman then meh, mea culpa. Bioware is the living embodiment of that. The fanbase they've picked up buys their games in gazillions... what else do they need to worry about?"

What's hilarious about this asburd statement is the absolute silliness of it for multiple reasons. One is that one of BIO's best source of customers are the same internet geeks found here and at the Codex who trash them yet buy/play their games anyways. BIO's customer is basically the same as before with extra thrown in. BG2/NWN = justb under 3mil sold or so... ME2/DAO = slightly above 3mil sold.

*shrug*

tool-demotivational-poster-1254590541.jpg